What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vta

Veteran
How much was a new car back then? What was the min wage? What your not taking into account is that it`s not so much prices have gone up as money is worth less than back then and it takes more of it to buy anything now days.It`s called inflation.That 50 an 1/8 oz won`t buy more apples than when it was 25 an 1/8 back then. so if prices go down much it would be a loss of income from what people would have got years ago. If that happends less people would grow and sell marijuana and it would get dry until the prices went back up.That`s where supply and demand come into it. More people growing the less the price is until the market gets flooded and then people can`t make money.Then they quit growing and the price goes up because people will pay more because it becomes harder to get.

Don't forget one thing....if this passes...10's of thousands of people will 'grow a plant'. The occasional smokers, the older peeps from the 70's where everyone grew a few plants in their backyard. A lot of these people, since it will be legal, will grow again.

Less people growing? The only way I see someone stopping their commercial grow is if they start to lose money. Meanwhile you got thousands of other people growing their own.

Overgrow

vta

Veteran
LEGALIZE, DON"T REGULATE, or we will just be seeing more police with nicer guns.

Wheres the legalization prop to vote on then? If there is something better, then fanfukinfastic! Lets do it! But there isn't.

One thing people don't bring up is the fact, yes FACT, that LEO is busting Californians for cannabis at alarming rates. More and more year after year. So between that and tax....my vote goes for the people that will not have to get caught up in the system for a plant. That same person that now would face a felony.

SmilinBob

LEGALIZE, DON"T REGULATE, or we will just be seeing more police with nicer guns.
You really believe you can get marijuana legalized with out it being regulated and taxed? I would love for that to happen just like everyone else, but you are out of touch with reality. I don't like the government as much as the next guy, but you have to realize that in this world today there is absolutely no way in hell that you are going to get what you want without giving the other side what they want too. You want to be able to grow when/where you want, as much as you want, but you don't want companies to be able to compete with you. Grow the fuck up.

Stop acting like regulating cannabis is the end of the fucking world. So there will be rules.. You don't have to follow them. You can still do shit illegally if you want too, but stop depriving citizens that like to smoke weed of the freedom to do so without worrying about going to prison.

the last thing we need is for 20-year-olds to get "minor in possession"
First of all, if you are under 21, as long as you aren't roaming around the streets with a pocket full of weed you don't have anything to worry about.

Thinking about it, we might even see more arrests for marijuana with all this proposed regulation...
Explain with facts how we might see more arrests for something that is legalized. Don't just say, "We might see more," that is just as bad as the propaganda the government has been feeding us for years.

If you follow the rules that are regulations there won't be more arrests. Selfish people are the ones that want it all, and will refuse to give anything in return. You won't help any laws get changed with that attitude.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would HATE to see cannabis end up like alcohol , normalized or not...

the last thing we need is for 20-year-olds to get "minor in possession", responsible adults arrested for "public intoxication" for smoking a bowl, while highschool kids tap their elders on the shoulder to buy them some ganja at the store... i don't want to see DUI stops where they test on-the-spot for cannabis in your blood/piss/whatever...

the last thing we need is a "stoned tank" at the county jail.

REALLY sam? really?

LEGALIZE, DON"T REGULATE, or we will just be seeing more police with nicer guns. Thinking about it, we might even see more arrests for marijuana with all this proposed regulation...

california voters, ask yourselves.... do you really want Ganja to be the new Booze?

but what is the possibility of this happening w out regulation? honestly, what do you think the chances are? 1 in 10...1 in 100...or 1 in a billion? and if cannabis ends up regulated exactly like alchohol, is that not better than being illegal?

vta

Veteran
Oh Shcrews...I noticed your quote. One thing that I read [so no proof] is that Jack was very proud of the fact that he never paid taxes. Income tax that is. So while your quote, his speech, is very heart wrenching and makes a great point, realize that he was against ALL taxes and not just a tax on Cannabis.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
i would HATE to see cannabis end up like alcohol , normalized or not...

the last thing we need is for 20-year-olds to get "minor in possession", responsible adults arrested for "public intoxication" for smoking a bowl, while highschool kids tap their elders on the shoulder to buy them some ganja at the store... i don't want to see DUI stops where they test on-the-spot for cannabis in your blood/piss/whatever...

the last thing we need is a "stoned tank" at the county jail.

REALLY sam? really?

LEGALIZE, DON"T REGULATE, or we will just be seeing more police with nicer guns. Thinking about it, we might even see more arrests for marijuana with all this proposed regulation...

california voters, ask yourselves.... do you really want Ganja to be the new Booze?

I notice you did not answer my question, if you drink alcohol, do you buy it?

I don't drink at all and haven't for 35 years but I don't want it illegal because it will cause many more problems then the substance itself.
All of the problems you refer to are just just you fear mongering, and I will ignore them.
Can you drink in public? Can 18 year olds possess alcohol? Can high school students tap on a shoulder to find someone to buy them alcohol? Do people get tested for DUI with alcohol?

My mothers car was hit and run, totaled by an off duty sheriff, they tested him and he tested positive for Cannabis, do you really want him driving the streets high? I don't.

Really? Shcrews, really?

-SamS

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I have listened to every argument from the NO on Prop 19 side, and they are:
They don't trust the government.

I don't trust those bastards for a second!! However, that is a small part of my problem with this--

They don't want to pay Taxes.

I don't either...however, I realize that Legalization will never happen without taxation...I don't really have a prob with this one--

They don't want lower prices.

I also don't have a prob with this-- I work as a grower for a Collective, and we give a lot away to Patients with Serious or Terminal Conditions...also to those on fixed incomes--
I can still make $$ with lower prices, from my personal grow...I am not greedy--

Prop 19 will screw up 215 & 420.

I do think this will happen...later on down the line, but I also know it will have to be voted on, so I will try and keep faith on this one--

Jack and Dennis told us to vote NO.

I respect both men, but also don't agree with everything they say-- This is inconsequential, IMHO--

Prop 19 will put more people in jail.

Ok...I don't believe it will put more...but I do know that ppl will still be going to jail-- If you are over an oz...if your garden is a little too big...or if you are charged with sales (and we all know how easy it is for them to trump THAT one up!!)-- I also don't like the part that you may not smoke in a house with a minor in it, as it means I basically can't smoke at home--

Did I forget any?

Yes......
5 X 5 grow area-- I grow outdoors only, and that simply is not big enough to Flower, Veg the next crop, keep Mothers, and clones--
I am a Med Patient, so actually that means nothing...but even indoors, the average user will have a hard time staying legal while having a perpetual grow--

I could answer why I think the reasons above are all bull, but I will let others as I am starting to feel it is a waste of my time trying to convert the NO voters, they have their reasons to vote no, many based in fear of what might maybe could happen, or knowledge that prices will fall, but either way I will be lucky to change their minds, as they depend on high prices for income, and will continue to have fears of the future, regardless of what may or may-not come to be.

-SamS

Sam, not all the "No" ppl are this way-- I dislike the Prop, but will be voting Yes...simply to help with the first step-- I do not care if prices go down, I will always be able to make $$ with Cannabis...because I am flexible...meaning I will find new ways to utilize the Cannabis Industry as the times change--
I only speak out on this because this Prop is very far from "Legalization"...and I just want ppl to see that, before they make their mind up about it--
Much Respect man-- Peace--:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You are right kmk420kali that you are an exception to most of the people that want to vote NO.
Might I suggest a refrigerator with fluorescents. They can keep clones alive for 6 months easy at 5+ degrees, the plants don't grow or flower if you put a light cycle of 15 minutes of light every 3 or 4 hours so only 1-2 hours of light a day. Don't over water as the plants really don't grow at all.
I have one the size of a normal big refrigerator, digital timers and temperature controls, with 3 racks for small plants and 3 sets of overhead lights. Built for plants. Works great. Have used it for years.

PS Arnold can't veto a initiative approved by the voters.
-SamS

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
My mothers car was hit and run, totaled by an off duty sheriff, they tested him and he tested positive for Cannabis, do you really want him driving the streets high? I don't.

Really? Shcrews, really?

-SamS

i take personal offense to this Sam... I was charged with DUI once, for driving "while high on marijuana"... and after about a year all charges were dropped when the judge finally realized that, due to the subjective nature of Ganja, there is no way to know how "high" a driver is.

the fact that one "tested positive for Cannabis" can mean that person smoked an hour before, or a week before. There have been no studies conducted on the relationship between marijuana and driving. Many people drive slower and more cautiously when stoned.

so please, kindly, shove it up your ass. and maybe next time blame the bad driver (cop BTW), not the ganja.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Stop acting like regulating cannabis is the end of the fucking world. So there will be rules.. You don't have to follow them. You can still do shit illegally if you want too, but stop depriving citizens that like to smoke weed of the freedom to do so without worrying about going to prison..

hmmmmmm depriving people of freedom??? go regulate your cock into your own asshole, see how it feels.. cause if this shit passes, it will be similar.

government is slavery. i dont care for it. maybe i'm out of touch with reality, but i think i am more in touch with reality..

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Legalization is NOT going to happen in California this year, the latest Field poll shows that support has dropped from a high of 56% to 44%, and will probably end up much lower by November:

http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline/subscribers/Rls2342.pdf

So we can quit arguing about it this year, stoners are not reliable voters, old conservative fogeys ARE.

What about old conservative stoners?
BTW, polls said 215 would lose before the election.....

SamS

markscastle

Prop 19 is going down hard because it doesn`t enjoy enough support! Just Like I said it would. anyone want to wager $5 on a pool as to what the % of votes will be in Nov? I still have the 23-24% yes slot.If I win I`ll donate the proceeds to MMRP and the next good prop that comes along in Cali! If you win you can do what ever you want with the $.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought I ANSWERED THAT must have been in a differant thread.

no thatnks I would rather give the 5$ to someone that needs meds but cant afford to buy them with such over inflated cannabis prices.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
i take personal offense to this Sam... I was charged with DUI once, for driving "while high on marijuana"... and after about a year all charges were dropped when the judge finally realized that, due to the subjective nature of Ganja, there is no way to know how "high" a driver is.

the fact that one "tested positive for Cannabis" can mean that person smoked an hour before, or a week before. There have been no studies conducted on the relationship between marijuana and driving. Many people drive slower and more cautiously when stoned.

so please, kindly, shove it up your ass. and maybe next time blame the bad driver (cop BTW), not the ganja.

First of all stop the childish name calling or I will put you on ignore and just not answer.
It was the bad driver of course, but he was stoned out of his head, destroyed my mothers parked car and ran off leaving pot all over.
They blood tested him which found THC, which is broken down by the liver in a few hours, changing the THC into 11-Hydroxy-THC an active metabolite then into 11-Nor-9-carboxy-THC the inactive THC metabolite that a piss test shows presence of THC metabolites, that only shows prior exposure. If you have THC in your blood it was recent use.
I don't care what you think about Cannabis this guy should not have been driving under the influence, period, he could of killed someone just as easy. Maybe then you might have objected?
And you are also wrong to think there have been no studies conducted on the relationship between marijuana and driving, a simple google search can find dozens of studies like one of my old favorites,

Robbe HWJ (1994). Influence of Marijuana on Driving. PhD thesis, Institute for Human Psychopharmacology, University of Limburg, Maastricht.

This study was paid for by the USA government, I even have an extra copy of the book if you want one, the author was a friend here in the Netherlands.
I have maybe another dozen Cannabis and driving studies in my library, beside what is on google...

SamS

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
First of all stop the childish name calling or I will put you on ignore and just not answer.

i dont remember calling you any names....

anyway, what did these studies find? that stoned drivers are dangerous? moreso than drunks??

i dislike it when people mention sources, but fail to paraphrase them.

if you want, please elaborate on why marijuana should be restricted from drivers the way alcohol is.... sounds like typical cop talk to me.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you want, please elaborate on why marijuana should be restricted from drivers the way alcohol is.... sounds like typical cop talk to me.
ive been sitting here typing smart ass answers to this question and deleting for 5 minutes cuz im trying not to turn back into the asshole i was being for a few days...but asking questions like that...just leads one into all kinds of...possible answers....but im trying to follow the example set by many here and not be such a dick. let me ask you this: are you saying there should be no restrictions on driving while under the influence of cannabis?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude what planet our you living on. Of course cannabis impairs your abilities to safely operate any dangerous piece of equipment. I can not believe some the shit coming out of your mouth. Pleas tell us what area you live in so I can tell my kids to stay away from there. I find it disturbing to here we have people that feel it's OK to drive while under the influence of anything. Here my words one day after a long puffing session you will kill or harm someone because of your foolish ideals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts