What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

Armor King

picked up a gl80 and a super sun 1, talk about a perfect fit. if you're getting a dr80/gl80 and want an air-cooled hood, get a super sun 1.

K

Kelly.

question for Homebox owners,

There is only one light proof intake hole. Is there a simple way to light proof the rectangle vents?

you could put a flap of panda film taped above it to help stop some of the light from escaping.
or replace the regular vents with darkroom louvers?

T

themoonismyfrnd

anyone using a big (4x8) tent?
i was looking at the growlab, but i was wondering if anyone has any feedback on others?

are they all about the same and its more personal preference/what you can get a good deal on?

I have a 4x8 that is great. Your best bet on pricing is Google shopping or Ebay, as long as you make sure it's new. Got mine for $89 new in box including shipping.

pinkskunk

esskie thats the cooled hood id go for,the set up i have goin is just to space consuming and i dont think im getting the full lumins out of my lamp. thats clean and simple design where as iv had to make a makeshift one as id already spent 180 on the cool tube.\

natrone23

Homebox XXl (seconds)

3 600's

port a/c outside of tent blowing in

Attachments

• DSCF1600.jpg
    DSCF1600.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 21

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have a growlab 120L with 2 600s bout to run about 50 or so 1 gallon grow bags in it. Would love to yield between 1 and 2 elbows of funk. Running querkle, sour bubble bx3 and chemdawg d bx1. Flowering should start in about 3 or so weeks. They have vegged in small plastic cups, to beer cups, to half gallon growbags, and finally to 1 gallon growbags. I hope the amount of transplanting I have done will have helped developed a big strong root mass in there leading to some good buddage. Have all clones vegging in a clonebox L right now before they get to the 1 gallon grow bags and veg for a week under the eye horti hps. Look out folks I'll get some pics up when it gets interesting. Would like to know how 3 600s do in one of these but I'm running all I want at 1200 watts right now. Everything cooled with a dual hose portable ac. Peace and smoke all.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
just picked up a sunhut silver xxl (4x8) today. gonna be setting up my 24 bucket 55gal ressy ebb n gro system in there with 2 1kw hps in ss2 hoods, aircooled 6" vortex, phresh filter and 12,000 btu AC not sure what strain yet.

Esskie

esskie thats the cooled hood id go for,the set up i have goin is just to space consuming and i dont think im getting the full lumins out of my lamp. thats clean and simple design where as iv had to make a makeshift one as id already spent 180 on the cool tube.\

It is a nice shade man and at a not too excessive price either :yes:

Using the socks at the sides that we spoke of with the duct run in a straight line across & out the other side with this hood would only need a couple of small pieces duct

is it a 600w you run yes?, before I sorted out my max temps I was hitting an uncomfortable 28C+.....sometimes 29C~30C :yoinks:.....as you'll know temps that high can tend to stretch plants & produce light fluffy buds

A 400w was reluctantly considered for a short time to combat the temps but I'm glad to say the 600 is staying. An air-cooled hood should hopefully allow less of a temp swing from day to night as well as allowing the plants to get nearer to the bulb........hopefully!

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks the reflector on the CoolTubes are too small btw ;)

i bought a growlab 145. 4' 9" x 4' 9". it's very well made; i love it! i wanted to get two but my room is just a bit too small. i highly recommend a tent to anyone thinking of getting one. 600 watt mh/hps. fox farm soils. dutch master A and B ferts.

i also have a small growlab it's 2' 7" x 2' 7". i had 16, 15" to 30" fems in it in one gall grow bags i had to tear it down due to a nosy freaking landlord (i've since moved :) )
but you can grow a nice quantity with even something that small. with a fan and filter it's a very good buy.

46 seedlings in 1/2 gall and 1 gall bags. i put them into flower after 3 weeks of veg. i usually veg for 2 months but i was low on medicine!
bgplig.jpg
[/IMG]

kcj6ko.jpg

i moved 10 into a closet to keep for cloning, culled the males and i'm down to 20 fems. i had to cut one a couple days ago. she was a runt and she annoyed me so i had to cut her man! i had to! i was out of reefer and oddly enough it's an ok high. it's 100% better than no high. :)

these are at 32 days flower. i'm going to harvest at 60 days ready or not.

1zgq0dl.jpg
[/IMG]

odor control!

63ya2q.jpg

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
anyone have any experience with HTG Supply tents? specifically their "Mother Keeper" and "Size S" ones? are they somewhat sturdy? how bad are the light-leaks? i'm thinking of getting the mother keeper for veg and maybe two of the S's for flower, but i'm still researching for now :joint:

8219f23fdf39068dd23d79dc07b5c02f.jpg

000473c62b531c2102bd21a7217cd651.jpg

thanks a lot! :joint:
ArcticBlast

M

mrred

looks like plastic tubing, not that plastic cant be super strong, but do they say what the tubing is made out of?

TOILET BOWL

the solution to grow tent heat is: DO NOT place the lower half around the bottom....... set it both sides 1ft in air, that should have adquate air from bottom to bring heat probs down, yes it will be some light escape, but hey in a room of it's own it's all good.....

El Toker

the solution to grow tent heat is: DO NOT place the lower half around the bottom....... set it both sides 1ft in air, that should have adquate air from bottom to bring heat probs down, yes it will be some light escape, but hey in a room of it's own it's all good.....
Why bother with a tent at all if that's what you're going to do?

Latest posts

Latest posts