What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

HeresTheDank

the one im looking at is 4x4x7. trying to get my 600 hps back from my old roomate. going to try to get a descent inline fan or blower. now i have a question, can you use a blower the same way as an inline fan to aircool a hood?reason being, theres a 465 cfm blower for under a 100 bucks, its around 200 for an inline fan. trying to save a buck. getting my prop 215 today or this weekend, had it but never renewed it. have a delivery service with abusive og, pre 98 bubba, and chemdog 91, which are what im going to try to run after i get this all going.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I think the grow-tent is the wave of the future. Put the damn thing in a closet and off you go. A great way for a beginning gardener to get started without a big construction program that requires you to combine design skills, engineering skills, construction skills and Murphy's Law skills.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for building out your own creations and I have always gravitated in that direction. My only beef -and it is only due to personal paranoia - is that tents aren't exactly stealthy. Open the door and there's the dang tent.

On the other hand, you can be up and growing within a few hours and there is nothing wrong with the convenience of that.

Armor King

bought a gl80 tent from growlab. also bought a super sun 2 air cooled hood. boy was that a mistake. damn thing fits however not enough to allow me to attach air-cooling to the duct holes. can someone recommend me a good air-cooled reflector to buy that will fit in here? i was looking at a cooltube 19" from hydrofarms. what do you guys think?

pinkskunk

hey all, im running a indoor elements 3.5x3.5x6 600watt hps cool tubed with 6inch inline fan running up to a twin 6inch duct splitter with another 6 inch inline pulling air through an odor sok the splitter has an 8inch opening through which all thair leaves the tent,no heat issues in the tent no odour what so ever,would even consider running 1k in there during winter months.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
The kool tube is a great option. I have run a 400 watt CMH in a kool tube for years and always gotten consistently outstanding results from them. Hard to go wrong. Best price I could find was from maryland hydroponics - $98 delivered to my door and I bet that price is still close to what you would pay today. Maryland does not ship with stealth packaging though.

Armor King

The kool tube is a great option. I have run a 400 watt CMH in a kool tube for years and always gotten consistently outstanding results from them. Hard to go wrong. Best price I could find was from maryland hydroponics - $98 delivered to my door and I bet that price is still close to what you would pay today. Maryland does not ship with stealth packaging though.

thanks, i also saw they have an 'easycool 6' reflector...this is also only 18". which do you think might be better for my situation. i was reading jorge cervantes book and he says cooltubes are one of the least efficient reflectors there are.

pinkskunk

i hang my cool tube under a large mk adjusta shade,no probs and the shade is almost as square as the tent so i get a realy good footprint. wish i didnt haveto run a cool tube though as they do seem to create alot of clutter with all the ducting etc.

Esskie

Due to temps hitting approx 26C~28C max the CoolTube is something being considered here too!

Bit of a head-nip actually as I've just got my extraction system & ducting setup & into action and having to shell out for another fan. I dare say the filter could be placed on one side of the fan with the CoolTube connected to the other (blowing across the bulb)

45GBP/72USD is the cheapest I've seen the 5" one which isn't too bad, I think growell have em for 39.95GBP?

Read the same too regarding loosing a bit of intensity through the glass but don't think it's a massive loss?

any pics of yours in the bigger reflector pinkskunk?, that was always something that I thought would have to be sorted out should one fall into operation here, the reflector just don't seem very big/efficient?

phattybudz

Sunhut is ok, no offgassing but I did have to restitch some zippers after about a year. FUCK jardin!!!! Zippers are pieces of shit.

Esskie

I'll look forward to seeing it pinkskunk :thanks:

the more I think about it, the more I think a cooltube is gonna end up here, I have a spare RVK 100mm/4" which I had intended to use as an intake during summer or whatever but it could probably be used with the cooltube with a reducer so it can fit right onto it

ducting in & out the pair of duct holes approx 3/4 of the way up the tent. I think they may have had the cooltube in mind when they chose to place those holes there tbh

:xmastree: Best Festive Wishes & Happy New Year To Every One!! :santa1:

Hope Santa is good to you all :gift:

Regards, Esskie :ying:

jackiee

hi all
buy one from ebay brand new and save a hell of alot of money.and they realy do a great job of growing the babies

Esskie

hi all
buy one from ebay brand new and save a hell of alot of money.and they realy do a great job of growing the babies

a tent or a cooltube?

although there are some good tents to be had on ebay for not too much $$, there's a lot of cheap crap too

I've seen a few people drawn in by the cheap price of Jardin Street (or worse!) tents there

On the other hand, the cheapest I've seen a 5" CoolTube is $62USD/£39GBP which isn't a bad price new

pinkskunk

esskie just get an indoor elements all you gotta do is fit em out,they come with in and out holes so you can run the cool tube straight through the tent so no heat gets in and you can run your exhaust separate i mix mine together cause the air coming out of the tent cools th air thats coming out the cool tube before exiting the tent. i couldnt be happier and id get a realy big one for flowering if i hed the space.

Esskie

question for Homebox owners,

There is only one light proof intake hole. Is there a simple way to light proof the rectangle vents?
Hi there,

Although not a Homebox owner, we do have the BudBox, I'll try and help you if I can?

What HomeBox is it you have so I can have a look at what you are up against?the HomeBox : (1 x 1 x 2m), HomeBox XL (1.2 x 1.2 x 2m) or is it the smaller XS?

Aren't there internal flaps over the rectangular vents at the bottom with velcro to hold them open & seal them?

Providing you have adequate extraction with a bit of negative air-pressure then air will find it's way in wherever it can.

Maybe you could hang a piece of lightproof material over the vent (taped on at the top only) so it blocks light but still allows air to pass freely into the tent?

Dunno if that makes sense Shiherlis? (we've cracked open a jar of Chronic & BMR that's been curing for xmas a tad early :kos:

Merry Xmas To EveryOne!!

Esskie

esskie just get an indoor elements all you gotta do is fit em out,they come with in and out holes so you can run the cool tube straight through the tent so no heat gets in and you can run your exhaust separate i mix mine together cause the air coming out of the tent cools th air thats coming out the cool tube before exiting the tent. i couldnt be happier and id get a realy big one for flowering if i hed the space.
sorry for missing your post pinkskunk, I hadn't checked my mail for a couple of posts

the tent we have (budbox) has the same 2 holes with drawstring ended socks and outside cover flaps as the ones you mean man.........they are on either side of the tent approx 3/4 of the way up

they were designed for an air-cooled lighting system, I think the socks are 8"?, I'll check on that one

they are both closed atm with the ducting from the filter/fan venting out the sock on the top of the tent
it's setup with the filter directly fast clamped onto the fan hanging inside with only a short piece of duct up & out so there is plenty of room for an air-cooled hood and another fan isn't a problem

the only thing about a CoolTube that concerns me is the small reflector though?

one I like is this one, this is a Sputnik but there are others at various prices...
picture.php

with handy slide out glass for bulb changes etc
picture.php

the spread from something this shape is probably better than the cooltube design, what d'ya think?

actually it's not so much high temps I'm battling atm but high RH during lights out :wallbash:, we haven't got a de-humidifier but have started to think about one
just been messing around with the temps of the room the tents in & varying the amount of airflow etc

M

mrred

maybe putting your exhaust on a timer to exchangge the air every few hours during lights off