What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

indicameds

Theres all kinds of thread about the S&P TD line of fans mixed flow. Alot of people on here swear by em. Freezerboy runs em along with medgrow(i think thats his name) runs them in two tents. Every one says they are top notch and work well with carbon scrubbers and are the quitest inline fans available. I ordered two of em for my new tents i got coming in. They should be here next week some time and ill do a review on em in this thread once i get em hooked up with ducting and such. Ill include some pictures as well.

Esskie

Theres all kinds of thread about the S&P TD line of fans mixed flow. Alot of people on here swear by em. Freezerboy runs em along with medgrow(i think thats his name) runs them in two tents. Every one says they are top notch and work well with carbon scrubbers and are the quitest inline fans available. I ordered two of em for my new tents i got coming in. They should be here next week some time and ill do a review on em in this thread once i get em hooked up with ducting and such. Ill include some pictures as well.

That's kinda what I was hoping to hear indicameds thanks +rep :yes:

Everyone we know uses RVK/HVK or Ruck type fans so never had the chance to see/hear one in action but your words are encouraging

it's needed for the small BudBox we have (3'3" x 3'3" x 6'6" or 1m x 1m x 1.8m) which has a 600w bulb in it, the cubic volume I'm not sure how to convert into imperial but I'm hoping a 4" would suffice?

I can lay my hands on a switched 4" TT complete with a Can 1500 premium filter (not the best I know but it can be replaced with a Rhino later), 10ft of 25mm thermal/acoustic ducting, a reducer, clips and a 45m roll of silver foil tape for £69GBP/$113USD

I'll have a search for some other threads about em thanks......passes joint

indicameds

Hey i just wanted to correct what I posted earlier. The name to the other person i know of that is using the S&P fans is growMEDs not medsgrow. Sorry about that. But he would be one to ask about the fans. He has a thread going with his grows you could ask in. Until i set up my tents this coming week and get some pics up and a review on the fans. My fed ex is saying my tents will be here tuesday but the fans are probably a couple days behind them so it wont be long until I can remark on em.

Esskie

Thanx for the feedback indicameds, well appreciated :yes:, it's good to get it straight from someone who uses one too VagPuncher

I have to admit, I had some reservatons regarding their pulling power and certainly didn't reckon on a 6" managing to deal with the heat from 2 x 600w CoolTubes :yoinks:

All we require from one is for airflow & cooling our BudBox (3ft2 x 6ft/1m2 x 1.8m) and of course odour control but it sounds like a 6" would more than suffice :woohoo:

How long do these Can filters usually last for before they need replacing VagPuncher?

even if it gave us a grow before being replaced with a Rhino(Phat) can then that'd do just fine :)

the noise level is always quoted as being low too which is an issue, not a major hassle but a quiet fan is always a good thing

+rep for the nfo & I'll keep you updated on what/when we get one fitted :rasta:

ROOTZ

ROOTZ Tent City..

ROOTZ Tent City..

Greetings all..

Some pretty nice set-up's you all have. I would like to post mine as well.

Here's my HTG Motherkeeper tent with a Sunblaze 4 lamp T5 hook-up, 4" duct fan and 2 sets of Autopots.

Autopots running and waiting for the germinated bag seeds to pop thru.

My Growlab GL80 SOG tent with a 9 bucket DIY ebb&flow (compliments of OgreSeeker), a 4" inline blower fan, carbon scrubber and Sun System 7 Dual Spectrum reflector.

Another pic of the 1 gal buckets. I went a little above and beyond and ditched the traditional "vinyl line" plumbing in exchange for a 3/4" PVC manifold that the buckets sit atop.

The "GINORMOUS" dual spectrum reflector, hung from a Light Hanger, connected to the carbon scrubber and blower fan.

A shot of the 250w HPS & 175w 6500k MH bulb up and running.

I also have a Homebox XS which will be here tomorrow. I'll be using that, coupled with my old HTG Euro Reflector and 175w 6500k MH, strictly as a propogation tent.

Can't wait to test the fruits of all my research. Right now I'm starting the system off with some bagseed just so I can tweak whatever needs tweaking without sacrificing the viability of more expensive strains I plan to grow.

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
What fan do you guys suggest using with a 4x4x6.5 tent? I want to use only one fan to pull through a filter and a 600watt cooltube?

J

Jay55

I can't figure out which to one to get, secret jardin Dr80, Dr100, or Dr120W.

I was looking at the dr120W, thats like 2x4x5.3 , do you think its a good choice for a 400 watt?

that 5 foot .3 tall would be a good height for me (same as the dr80), but the dr100 is perfect for the scale of a 400 watt in light coverage, do you think 3x3, or 2x4 space workout the same for a 400 watter?

growing 6 to 10 plants is the my goal.

also I was looking at this bad ass little deal called: "Botanicare Microgarden Aeroponic 8 Site Hydroponics Kit" its 31'x13.75'x17',

think you could squeeze 2 to 4 plants off one end of it, and 2 more down the length in a dr120W, is that realistic?

could you do the same yield in a dr120W as a dr100?

HeresTheDank

quick question, i checked out ebay, there are some very cheap tents on there...4x4x5-6' for around 100 bucks...doesnt say the manafacture name, but a lot of companies go through the same mfr. ive heard. any reason why these are so cheap? heres a few of them.
this is the main one im interested in, the size is right what i want and by it now for 90 bucks?! these deals sound a lot better than the $200 plus that shops want

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x4-Mylar-HYDRO...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9bd12841
http://cgi.ebay.com/76-x-76-JUMBO-H...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45efc6d5f6

N

NicholasSmokes

66" high does not leave much room, of course. If you figure 12" for pots, 12" for light, and a 12" gap between the light and the canopy, you can only grow your plants 30" tall. Very doable, but it does limit you a bit.

America

quick question, i checked out ebay, there are some very cheap tents on there...4x4x5-6' for around 100 bucks...doesnt say the manafacture name, but a lot of companies go through the same mfr. ive heard. any reason why these are so cheap? heres a few of them.
this is the main one im interested in, the size is right what i want and by it now for 90 bucks?! these deals sound a lot better than the $200 plus that shops want

http://cgi.ebay.com/4x4-Mylar-HYDRO...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9bd12841
http://cgi.ebay.com/76-x-76-JUMBO-H...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45efc6d5f6

Many of the ebay tents have the off-gassing problem. Be wary..

i have a homebox xl. it is the one that is 4'6" x 4'6". i am not using it and would love to sell it cheap! it worked well for me. the house i am currently owning has cielings that are only 6'6" high and the tent won't fit in it!

you guys need to watch out which brand of tent you do buy because some of them are made with pvc inside as the white liner, and the pvc off gasses a very toxic gas that will kill all plants that you try to grow in them!!

Armor King

hi everyone. had a question regarding some grow tents. i recently purchased a GrowLab GL-80. The dimensions are 2.7x2.7x5'11. I wanted to know if anyone had any setups with either this grow tent, or a Secret Jardin DR80(since theyre roughly the same size), that was using an air-cooled reflector. im thinking of purchasing a Super Sun 2 and grow using a 250 HPS however I am concerned about spacing since I will need a 6" to 4" flange on both sides of the reflector. The reflector alone is 21.5" long. I can probably get away with growing now without air-cooling the hood since its winter however during the summer the indoor temps here get 80-85 so before I make a big purchase I was wondering if anyone had any similar setups.

thanks

first thing is with a 250 watt, you'll only need a 4 inch fan. and technically, you really shouldn't even have to cool it! they really don't throw off that much heat to begin with!

Armor King

ya. i forgot to mention since i will be just starting out i will just be using a 250 for now, then upgrading to a 400 once im ready. and the reason i mentioned 6 to 4 inch is because most all air cooled hoods come with 6" holes. so id need to convert that into 4" to go with a 4" canfan.

HeresTheDank

what about the tent manafacturer 'Sun Hut'? these a company that expells gaS? it has silver interior, not white. came across a site with them for cheap

Latest posts

Latest posts