What's new

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Phillthy's Perpetual Padded Room

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah pretty much the way for 100% success......we are allot alike....jejeje...fwiw i got 9 sscdhxchemsour's up and veggin away...didn't see anyone pop em so i said fuckit'.....2 never hatched......ken father in stable?getatme......muahhhhhaaa.......

very nice! those are the next that i will pop. there has to be gold in there. very potent gold :joint:

trying to get the KF back money...

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
nice info Phil and well, the plants speak for themselves..nice work all the way around... anyway, the other nite i was making hero's and asked the wife what she wanted on hers and she said, spinach,cucumbers and mushrooms..so i turned to her with penis in hand and said, here's your hero with a cucumber and a fun-ghi!! lmao..
wish you and your fam a happy thanksgiving bro!!! peace

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice info Phil and well, the plants speak for themselves..nice work all the way around... anyway, the other nite i was making hero's and asked the wife what she wanted on hers and she said, spinach,cucumbers and mushrooms..so i turned to her with penis in hand and said, here's your hero with a cucumber and a fun-ghi!! lmao..
wish you and your fam a happy thanksgiving bro!!! peace

LMFAO! happy thanksgiving to you and yours as well!

B

BluEyeDevil

Hey Phill..
How those Atomic NL's doing?find that pine yet?

Oh yeah..your killing it broski..:joint:

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man. i have one at 8 weeks. odd smell. cant describe it yet but it appears rather hazy.

1 other is 2 weeks in and 4 are in to sex now. i'll keep ya posted.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5 alpha father aka kfad (ken father x alpha diesel) and 6 venus (kksc x swt#4) beans have been soaked and put into towels and now about to go into soil. :joint:

Stoxx

since i have more threads then i care to at the moment, i thought i would make just one to house everything phillthy ;) i will keep a diary and grow report of everything i flower out in this thread. i will still post threads for testers but i will also include them here. makes it easier on me and easier on anyone who cares to follow.

so without delay this is what's going on in the room now @ 5 weeks....

williams wonder ix1
View Image

white russian (bigtex)
View Image

chemd
View Image

kksc
View Image

carolina blue
View Image

a couple just put into flower...
grom
bkgk#3
kksc
chemd
carolina blue

vegging now....
chrome's pink bazooka
chemd
kksc
carolina blue
bubba kush x grape krush (bkgk#1)

in the cloner...
chem4
carolina blue
bkgk#1
ecsd
casey jones

Beautiful chem 4. How do you like Casey? It's all over the Bay area in the lesser known collectives and nursuries in large quantities, so I'm assuming it is something special.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful chem 4. How do you like Casey? It's all over the Bay area in the lesser known collectives and nursuries in large quantities, so I'm assuming it is something special.

casey jones is a good strain. high yielder and fire smoke. i finally got chem4 back in house and will run it again a few times for sure. thanks for coming through.

Stoxx

these are buds from the sscdh x larry og cross i did. got frost???

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Nice pics, but I'm thinking you gotta try a non-grow-room lighting for pictures because it's throwing the true colors off. Everything is looking dark blue-gray with white.

Are those "cookies" girl scout cookies? Seems to be a bit stretchier than most I've seen. Usually GSC is dense owning to the SKBB and Urkle from the GDP from the Cherry Pie side. Yours looks more OG Kush and Durban leaning.

Stoxx

casey jones is a good strain. high yielder and fire smoke. i finally got chem4 back in house and will run it again a few times for sure. thanks for coming through.

If you are up in the Bay Area, DHN! DHN! DHN! by far the best clones, and trust-worthy genetics. But I'm sure you already know them?

Chem 4, Chem D, Chemchem crosses, chem 91 reversed, all combinations of different chems and OGK's. They also sometimes have The White which you have here, and great Blue Dreams, Space Queens, Dream Queens. Really strong fruity flavors. Unbeatable in terms of fruity flavors save DJ Short's BB, Sweet Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry cough, and C99/JH(fruity pheno). Tropical fruit is the only way to describe it. Friendly mellow high. Analogous to shooters at the bar, and usually more favored by the fairer gender, but I love em too!

Stoxx

__
CA215/SB420 compliant. Not to be construed as legal, medical, or grow advice.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice pics, but I'm thinking you gotta try a non-grow-room lighting for pictures because it's throwing the true colors off. Everything is looking dark blue-gray with white.

Are those "cookies" GS Cookies? Seems to be a bit stretchier than most I've seen. Usually GSC is dense owning to the SKBB and Urkle from the GDP from the Cherry Pie side. Yours looks more OG Kush and Durban leaning.

im in between cameras now so i am using a point and shoot. just not the same. i do move them out to take pics when i really like what i see. i will drag the white out shortly.

that is the forum/icmag cut of GSC. real dense, frosty nugs.

Stoxx

CJ's legend is that it is a highland Thai crossed to Arcata trainwreck crossed to sour diesel. But have they put in the work to stabilize it? Or is it all over the map? I don't mind working with 3-way crosses but 3-way crosses that have been inbred for a special feature is really what I'm looking for. I'm too lazy and short of time to do the selection and stabilization effort before I implement it into my breeding.

Do you see a lot of phenotypes across seeds or differently-sourced clones? Or is the population pretty homogenous? Or you wouldn't know if you were buying clones, cloning them, and making beautiful flowers and only seeing a clone population I guess.

Thanks for your input.

Stoxx

____
CA215/SB420 Compliant. Not to be construed as legal, medical, or grow advice.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for a three way cross it was pretty uniform. the ones i grew out only varied on smell and frost. it was all good smoke though and they all yielded. i still have a pack or two to mess with.

Stoxx

im in between cameras now so i am using a point and shoot. just not the same. i do move them out to take pics when i really like what i see. i will drag the white out shortly.

that is the forum/icmag cut of GSC. real dense, frosty nugs.

I didn't know ICMag gave out GSC. I'm new here.

Extreme density is a good sign that you have the real deal as the GSC SWNM and friends from SF here have grown were all ridiculously dense. Denser than the "densest." Rocky nugs.

As for your soil mix, I want to ask an experienced hand. I keep getting different info from growers and nursuries. Some do dolomite as the conditioner, and some do gypsum. I split the difference and did half the recommended horticultural dolomite and half the recommended gypsum with pretty good results for many many grows. I know Jorge C. recommends dolomite. The local nursery told me gypsum was much preferred for most plants, as did another 'hypothetical' grower that only does GDP mini-farms.

I know Gypsum has no magnesium. But many have told me it aerates sodic soil better than horticultural dolomite lime, works faster to neutralize or buffer deep subsoil acid but not surface acid, and that dolomite lime has too much magnesium. I've also come across growers that do one or the other but not both. Further, adding too much calcium in the form of dolomite or gypsum is apparently detrimental in the long-run for those growing outdoors. A problem that is hard to fix.

What is your experience with this? I've done dolomite, and gypsum and NEVER, not once really strayed from pH7.

Also do you have any experience or thoughts about rock phosphate, humic/fulvic acid, hotricultural wood ash, azomite or other conditioners or supplements?

I currently do sterilized clay soil, dolomite lime, gypsum, bat and sea guano, bone and blood meal, seaweed, and later molasses. Garlic, peppers, a bit of biodegradable soap in the water keeps the bugs population under control and keeps the soil wet throughout. Care is taken not to us too much because of the sodium. Has worked well for me, but I'm trying to take it to the next level of perfection, and thought it would be wise to ask someone with considerable experience growing and thinking about yield.

Thanks in advance.

Stoxx

_____
CA215/SB420 compliant. Not to be construed as legal, medical, or grow advice.

Stoxx

for a three way cross it was pretty uniform. the ones i grew out only varied on smell and frost. it was all good smoke though and they all yielded. i still have a pack or two to mess with.

Thanks. I have access to clones, not seeds though.

Another strain on my list..

Stoxx

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have not used gypsum before. i use what i can get locally without having to travel too far. believe it or not the nurseries around here leave a lot to be desired...lol.

i have never PH'd a thing although i had the pool fixed and my natural spring water well was tested at a PH of 7 even. i have used azomite and alfalfa meal during tests but saw no noticeable difference so i keep it as simple as possible. even with the dolomite lime i still see mag defs with the OGs and chems. i have epsom salt on hand for those instances. i have started testing it with a foliar spray and it seems to work well.

it sounds like you have your game going pretty well. your soil seems complete and should tackle most strains without fail.

i find things like guano, kelp meal, molasses, and alfalfa worked better in teas for me. humic/fulvic are next on my list to try. i can only change one thing per grow and only when growing strains i have grown many times before. this way i can keep track on any pros or cons of the new addition. hope that helps!