What's new

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok Sour Bubble at the end of day 51. The soil mix was way better then normal, I actually have different shaped buds then I have ever seen after 2-3 years growing this clone. Some of them had pointy tops, normally they are pretty dome shaped. The density is through the roof, second to none. Hoping they start coloring up more, soon as they begin it happens fast. I might need to tweek the nitrogen down a tad.

Here is a shot looking in to the room from the work area:

picture.php

Overhead partial room shot:

picture.php

A big nug:

picture.php

Quart sized now you see it:

picture.php

Now you don't:

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is it for now, I will get some harvest shots:

This bud was the closest bud to the light, hence the canoes! PK don't love them hoes!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I am going to try to do like 2 plants your style under 1 1k watt hood, do you think thats sufficient? Would 3 fit?. What size are those pots? How tall do you veg these girls to size wise? Sorry if I missed the info somewhere in here, these pics make me lose any train of thought I can muster...

Every time I look in this thread I rethink my life. lol. :thank you:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also FYI, these were fed 2-3 times in their life at a very low rate.

They got:
10mL of biothrive bloom twice, which is a very light feeding. So 20ml total
2.5mL of bio-bud 3 times, 7.5mL total
2.5mL of Floralicious Organic Bloom Enhancer 3 times, 7.5mL total
10mL of Diamond Black Humic Acids twice, 20mL total
5mL of Earthjuice Microbalst twice, 10mL total
7.5mL calmag+ each watering up until day 28, using RO water
Lots of Hi-Brix Mollasses @ 10mL/gallon
3-4 EWC teas

That is it, so overall a pretty light feeding schedule. All rates are per gallon and they are fed 3 gallons per watering every 2-4 days. This soil mix is making it so easy, none of the nutes I gave them were necessary. Plain water would do from begining to end just don't get root bound and any extra pot size you can provide is a bonus.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tonygreen- LMAO bro no need to rethink life, just dream and chase it! I have a severe case of dreaming, ask my girlfriend and mother. I always just think of where I want to be and work my way backwards to get there. Make LIST!

This grow has 2.8 plants per light, next grow I am trying 2.4 to reduce numbers for my flip/flop. I veg these very slow veggers for 8-10 weeks, I start in 5 gallon pots and after 5 weeks they are more then ready or 20 gallons and actually a little late. They go into 20 gallon pots for 3-4 weeks after that then onto flower. If you have a perpetual setup the veg doesn't matter except electricity cost and time but neither are enough to deter me. If you are not worried about plant numbers but want a shorter veg, 5 weeks or so for most strains is more then plenty and run 12 7 gallon pots makes for a nice yield running this mix. I

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Awesome pk, everything looks great man...

I think your gonna enjoy the Dstar, she really does get funky during the harvest/dry process after a good cure on a good run with her she will stink something crazy and the potency of her is insane.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blazeoneup- yeah seriously I can already tell she lit my nose up today. Had to get her away from all that sour bubble. Very ECSD dominant plant.

Poopy- I will do.

Last edited:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes but I have heavily modified it under the advice of Burnone the organic moderator and everything is working out great.

1 x Bag of Ocean Forest
1 x Bag of Canna Coco
1 X Bag of Happy Frog
1/2 Bag Chunky Perlite
30# Earthwormcastings
6 cup pulverized dolomite lime 1-2 Cal/mag ratio
6 cups Bone Meal
3 cups Blood Meal
3 Cups Azomite
3 cups Greensand
3 cups Kelp Meal

Last edited:

headimonster

wow...interested in trying that out....that looks heaaaalthy medium...

the deathstar is a great strain, unfortunetly only sampled it once or twice, but it was definate dank quality herb...i would love to grow her one day...looks great PK....yummy!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is an interesting comparison, see the lacking soil mix but most of all the transformer did fuck me pretty good last round, final yield this round is going to be epic. Angles are different but I can tell.

Last Round Day 51:

picture.php

This Round Day 51:

picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
^^WHHAA! This round is looking great, Defo spanked your last run. Your the SourBub King. They seem dialed in nice, best Sour bubZ I've seen. rep yo!
mack.

benjuanman

Veteran
Awesome stuff PK the pics comparing last round to this round is like day and night. Good on ya bro for getting her dialed in more this time round. Always great to see people make improvements on grows especially when it's a Sour Bubble one at that!!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks PK, sigged that up bro.

Gonna roll with that mix, for my 2nd run, can I plant clones or seeds directly into it safely? Do I need to let it sit or "cook" after mixing but before use?

Those pics are dramatic btw.

O

organic_fanatic

Damn, that's like night and day....killed it this run!

I'd be grinnin ear to ear if that was my room.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Headimonster- Try it out, it is so easy a caveman can do it! Well east after it is all mixed up lol. Same here with the deathstar, I have had less then 10 grams of it my whole life, so I am really about to get to know her. Let me know how the mix works for you if you decided to try it.

Mack- thanks bro your the second person to crown me this week in regards to the sour bubble lol. Pretty sure this is the best I have seen as well, my 420 crop however killed it and I still go back to those pictures and wonder how I did it lol. The room is doing way better, the changes I stated I would make and made have made on hell of a difference. Guess what I am changing next round? Nothing! Well except 4 less plants but environmentaly and nutrient wise, nothing.

Benjuanman- Day and night for real, I went looking for pics around the same time last round and I couldn't believe my eyes. I had the same day recorded which was nice. Hoods are closer due to air cooling, canopy temps are better and more stable, the soil mix has more then enough to give nutrient wise. This room will be sour bubble until something better comes along, I have been searching for something better for three years so I don't expect to be running anything else anytime soon.

Tonygreen- Can you change sig to from organic fanatic to BURNONE the organic moderator, not sure why I got those names confused. Sorry fanantic! I do not let the soil mix cook, I plant clones directly into this mix. I wouldn't plant seedlings into this, for seedlings I use Foxfarm Light warrior, then to Ocean Forest, then to this mix. By 4 weeks or so they can go into this. If a certain strain finds it a little hot no worries she will adjust fast. This is my first run with the mix it may still get some tailoring but as of now it will get the job done. I have started many first time growers off with the old mix which was dramatically different and they have been successful right out the gate, a full amended soil mix makes things so damn easy. Good luck with this mix and please report back, I would love to see what others think. It is an evolving thing, the more people using it and insight the better.

Organic Fanantic- Thanks man, I am :)

Third Coast- thanks man

Thanks all for all the kind comments.