What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

ok so out of 7 SIPs, only 2 had started drinking water from the reservoir and that was after 20 days since transplant. I could have gone another week without ill effects.

I hope the watering from above was a good thing, they are really kicking into gear.

I should really wait a good 9 days before I go back in with the hose, last thing I want is some root rot funk down low.

But man, they all look so healthy and loving the environment I provide them with!

Anyway, a few gaps, but i think we are looking way better than the last crop on day 11. Defoliation 5-7 days from now. I might raise the lights all the way up as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTVX8cwylKY&feature=youtu.be (give it a min for the hd to be available)

G

Gr33nSanta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-spRk5xg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1hBGT0CFIE&t=6s

My 2 Neroli91s , not impressed with them, I m not going to kill the #1 just yet in case I chose to reveg it after I sample it.

I moved the first BlueSpoon X (Blockhead X SLK) in flower room today is day 1. Also transplanted a MissJack #2 from a 1.5 gal to a 7 gal and into flower, day 1 on her as well.

3 weeks later, nearly all clones finally rooted, the only one I wanted to keep that might not make it is the strange brew.

All my main moms are safe for now.

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Dope! The vid works in that first post but not the two in the next.

This was the room you were afraid wasn't going to fill out, correct? I think it should be just fine. Maybe a zip less than some others but it looks good/healthy.

G

Gr33nSanta

Thanks bsgospel. I fixed the links.. The time I was afraid this room would not fill was back in January and I was right! This time I was not so afraid. I think it's gonna a great round.

I forgot to say yesterday I found a mug with leftover pollen/q-tips from the bluespoon x bh x slk dude and I pollinated strange brew and elfinstone with it, that is if the pollen was still viable. Only pollinated enough for a few beans on each.

The memory loss is still dying in the flower room, I keep it in there because one branch is still very much alive. weird. all I need is a few dark beans and I ll be happy. What a shame though...

G

Gr33nSanta

Big evening in the garden, I did some maintenance and finally spread the bugs. After a hard day at work, I am spent!

Tomorrow will be day 1 for 3 plants in a sip, that SIP is over filled with soil, I had no room to top dress I did not want to be too messy and start hauling soil out, this SIP is in the very corner surrounded by flowering plants. I was quick, transplanted Sweet Pine, Space Bomb, and Grapefruit X ChemDBx. All 3 should be perfectly ripe in 9 weeks. I have clones of all 3 but I am threatening all 3 that it might be their last round! ha.

I harvested the very last SLK X BH, best I have grown yet, not quite ripe yet at day 67 but I took her at day 72 once in the past and still was not much different than another one I cut at day 63. I can see the potential in this line, all 3 plants I grew were unique and looking back they were all great. This one that ended up being my keeper for a few cycles was just taking too long in the flower room, Anything that goes longer than 10 weeks in my perpetual system and it becomes a lot more challenging with pests.

I am trying to keep some notes of the SLK X BH in case the dude I used in a lot of recent crosses end up being great.

I am certain I will find some of the greatest weed I have ever grown in some of the SLK X BH crosses.

Finally, I just got myself a Dr.dabber Boost so I can now dab at work, I know it is not the best of battery operated dab rig but I wanted to support the local urban smoke shop and I wanted it now.

I am VERY happy with it, once I figured out how to use it for my liking, it works great. I have had several dabs with it and have not had to charge the battery yet. The key to low temps dab is to turn off the unit as soon as it reach desired temperature, then I keep fire it on for a perpetual dab that gets me lit, I use baby q-tips and darkcrystal glass cleaner to clean after every long dab. This thing is a game changer for me haha! Dab on the go!

wasgedn

cool idea to cover the sip beds with foil ....
for me i learned , never let even just 0,5 cm of soil dry out...cause its only 10-15 cm where the life is...the most..

btw this are first ic member yt video i saw....

G

Gr33nSanta

to be clear, I do not cover the SIP with foil, where did you get that? I use garbage bags!

I think the static from the garbage bags do help absorb (collect) dust and contaminants.

Anyway, you are one of the first icmag member to watch the clips I upload on youtube as well haha.

I dropped 4 beans in water today, Blue Spoon X Strange Brew. If the description of Strange Brew rings true, this is going to be some super sativa hybrid fire.

Strange Brew:
Bodhi Seeds - Strange Brew
Buckle your seat belts and hold on to your hats and glasses….. this is pure lemon lime space flight herb, will make you into a sativa believa… using breeder Steve's infamous Sweet skunk clone, a national cannabis treasure of Canada, hybridized with the sublime magic of Snow Lotus. Solid yield, needs head room, great indoors and out, 9-11 weeks.

I will defoliate Jackie's room in the next couple few days and I really feel it's going to be the best yield yet.I will post pics. or upload a youtube clip.

I have a lot of crazy pollen chucking ideas, small craft cannabis is here. I am really falling in love with Sativa hybrids and high THC cultivars.

I am shying away from CBD, I am shying away from lab testing, I am shying away from the hype. I am about to chase the dragon using my sense mostly (using labs as well only not as often) for best strongest sativa effects and craziest good smelling plants.

The very best cannabis has yet to come, people think you need large plant counts to find or create the best weed, I disagree, you need to be driven, and move fast, large ops do not move fast.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah that SB sounds great. Sweet Skunk is one of my favourites. If you don't find something terpy as balls there's a few gems around the Valley.

G

Gr33nSanta

Good to know Mikell, thanks. At this point, no one has ever given me a clone, in some strange ways it makes me proud of myself haha. It would be too easy!

Seriously, I ll take you up on it some day, but first, I have too many exciting seeds I must grow!

Today is day 16 in Jackie's room and man oh man I am stoked about this round. It's far from perfect but the canopy is nearly full, buds buds buds buds buds... This could be my best round yet.

Anyway I did a selective leaf strip, this room is now on auto pilot, will be filling the reservoirs on Thursday and once a week from then on. If I can keep this room pest free I plan to take it to day 70.

turn down the volume...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAItSC2WcCc&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

SLK X BH #1, she is gone but I found seeds in her and made many crosses with her brother.

Here are some of the good about this plant I hope to find in her progeny and relatives.

Good yields, great smell but not loud enough, almost like watermelony and marshmallows. What I like most I think is that she produce fat glandular trichomes and I like how they shine over pale green flowers, like diamonds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I found some seeds in my Neroli 91 #2, the one I did not like as much.

So it would be nice to have some notes if I ever get around to grow them. So far, I love the neroli 91#1 for it's effect. I found seeds in that one as well and will most definitely grow them out.

The focus of this post is on the #2 however. She is in a box for the first sweat so not ready to smoke. Not much on the smell. I do not like the look of the flowers, very hairy, but somewhat dense. Faint smell, overall disappointing, until I look with the microscope and like what I see there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also planted 4 seeds, Blue Spoon X Strange Brew, lots of interesting stuff going, I have been germinating a lot of seeds in the past couple of months it will be nice to have a wave of new flavors!

G

Gr33nSanta

2 females Strange Brew showing sex, and one new Neroli91 as well, or 2.

Overall disappointed with the Neroli91 so far.

I am not sure about the granola funks, they will be coming down within the next week or 2. 3 plants and 3 phenos that's for sure.

I am really liking the smell developing on the Strange Brew but we are still early in flowering around day 30.

Last night I moved the BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) #2 in flower room, today is day 1, she is about a week behind her sister #1.

I am waiting a few days for plants in veg to grow just a hair more before I start another cloning round, I plan to attempt cloning the #1 which will be on day 10 flowering and the #2. I have high expectations of that cross.

The pollen from the BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) was still viable and I can see a few seeds forming on the Elfinstone and the Strange Brew and also very few on the Sweet Pine. SWEEEET!

Finally, what you are looking at here are a few close ups of Memory Loss. Massive buds on her, I chopped the biggest bud, we are sitting at day 66 I think. I wanted to make sure mold was not setting in. I am so amazed at this cultivar, big tight frost buds, heavenly smell, mold resistant, potent as formidable.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found some seeds in my Neroli 91 #2, the one I did not like as much.

So it would be nice to have some notes if I ever get around to grow them. So far, I love the neroli 91#1 for it's effect. I found seeds in that one as well and will most definitely grow them out.

The focus of this post is on the #2 however. She is in a box for the first sweat so not ready to smoke. Not much on the smell. I do not like the look of the flowers, very hairy, but somewhat dense. Faint smell, overall disappointing, until I look with the microscope and like what I see there.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Also planted 4 seeds, Blue Spoon X Strange Brew, lots of interesting stuff going, I have been germinating a lot of seeds in the past couple of months it will be nice to have a wave of new flavors!

:yoinks: hot dang Santa.......

brendon420

Having access to labs is a huge game changer but I am too small scale to ever produce seeds to sell.

That is why I call this space the Pollen Chucking Lab.

You never know though, someone might give me the key to a legal warehouse some day. For now I have other goals in life.

If you live on Vancouver Island you might have access to it at some point, I am going to share a few clones locally and if it is good, it might stick around for some years.

by the time i catch up someone better had thrown you some keys!! goly. pollen chucking HQ!

G

Gr33nSanta

haha I am not sure if you are being a bit sarcastic or what but thanks.

I have forged my own style that is for sure, not many people sport perpetual the way I do.

However, I am so happy with the way Jackie's room is running that I plan to start doing cycles, I just need to redesign everything and make everything better, my basement needs some love. It's hard to pick a date for down time, there was never a downtime, all those years... It's over due.

Anyway, Jackie's doing really well, start of day 25. Keep in mind over 10 cultivars in there, could be 15 I am not sure, but I like how they are all keeping up to each other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYRuPV3udk&feature=youtu.be

G

Gr33nSanta

I harvested Memory Loss and Les Fleurs Bleues, both were in what I believe to be the oldest SIP I have, over 2 years old, around 10 crops. I was going to take it out of the room and check the reservoir but I am not ready to redesign the room and if it ain't broken, do not fix it.

The yield was not great because the 2 plants were not big enough going in the SIP. However, the buds are MASSIVE!

Tomorrow will be day one for a SpaceGrin and a Sweet pine. I ll run into the same problem this round because somehow I have fallen behind in the veg room and I did not have any great plant to transplant in there.

One interesting thing about today's transplant is that I have never inoculated with Myco fungi before and I did this time.

Finally, I am about to move my Les Fleurs Bleues #2 in the flower room for the first time, I took 3 clones, maybe one or 2 more days in the veg room. I ll try to post pics of her I am looking forward to see if the trait will persist but she has variegated leaves which I have never seen on a cannabis plant before.

I was not sure at first because when the plant was small it looked like thrips damage and she was growing very slowly (a slow vegger so far...) but now I can confirm they are truly variegated leaves... cool.

Pics are not great but here is the Memory Loss

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here is the Les Fleurs Bleues

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

brendon420

no saracasm, full admiration. im tyring to explore the outdoors perpetual scene. living in socal can afford that, similar ideas i suppose and throwing some tweaks in here and there.

you could scale your operation as you please. (currently)

back to page 8.

G

Gr33nSanta

I am such an addict, in the water went more beans.

Spacebomb X Respect
Memory Loss X Strange Brew
BlueSpoon X Strange Brew
(SLK X BH #1) X (BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH))
Spacebomb X ? (1 seed, I believe this one came from the one round where the bluespoon had a bud full of nanners, bluespoon will grow without any nanners on most run but once in a while she reminds me of her lineage)

I am about to harvest some new cultivars (granola funks) and I simply can not wait to smoke something new, been a while. The excitement of harvesting new flavors got the best of me one more time.

That and the fact that the veg room has fallen behind and I am desperately trying to compensate, those seeds should have been soaking in water 2+ weeks ago!

I have sampled 2 buds of the granola funk #2, days ago, and it seems very potent, the last clone I got of her is looking a bit rough but if she perks back up I ll get that pheno tested.

A few plants coming down tonight, Cuvees #1 and #2 (running them one more time in another room but Ive let both clones go, made seeds though) , More Cowbell (same, a couple more in Jackie's room but Ive let that one go as well) and finally a BlueSpoon. Pics later.