What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

Big evening in the garden, I knew it was coming. Well worth it, back on auto-pilot in Jackies room. I ll clean the intake filter in the next week or so, and the floors. I ll fill the reservoirs on March 15th and then it will be every 7 days from then on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY54T2S8IVo&feature=youtu.be

I have shut down the veg room for a minute. I am trying to be conservative with electricity. I want to give Jackie's room a solide 5-6 days of 18 hours veg time, then take a few clones. I really want to fill the canopy. 24 plants, should do it.

I am really getting the hang of it with the SIPs, I transplanted all 7 of with 3-4 plants, top dressed with compost/perlite and plastic-mulched them all up, it was fast.

The line up in this room is the very best line up I have ever put together. It is a collection of some of my very best plants.

I know I could do great in this room if I were to veg for a couple few weeks but I am trying to find the sweet spot in terms of electricity consumption. I am not trying to break records... I have given up on running 6 rounds in that room this year, I think if every round I veg 4-10 days I should get 5 solid rounds in 2018.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Hells yeah. So no planned crossing as of yet? Just a straight run?

I tell the guys at work that it's okay to skip some days and they look at me like I'm crazy. Lo- nothing bad ever happens. Haven't lost a plant in many years now.

G

Gr33nSanta

No planned pollination. Quite a few seeds forming though. Like I said a few posts up, no point in making seeds just to make seeds. I do plan on starting to germinate some of the latest crosses as soon as them beans dry out.

Germinating seeds that are less than a month old is wasteful! I've done it before when I had so many but when there are only 10ish beans per cross they are like gold to me!

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

I think I just wasted some beans trying to germinate them too soon. Ironic considering my previous post. How was I supposed to resist germinating spacebomb X respect.

Lack of patience is a common theme around here.

I am dying to flip Jackie's to 12/12. which would make tomorrow day 1, 8 days of veg after transplant.

I know if I were more patient, like even waiting one more week, I could do so well on the yield but it is so not my style of growing.

Plus I think there is a fine line between over vegging and not enough.

any thoughts? will they fill in that space this time?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

The veg room is so bare! , last pic is is one of the biggest plant I have ever grown heading into flowering, tomorrow is day one, Sweet Pine!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I just wanted to have some pics of Jackie's room to document that fucked up grow. So today is day 14, I tried bending some of the branches and plants to help fill the gaps but the plants just never took off. So disappointing. It just so sucks, if it was a hair worst Id start over. The next 45 days are going to be painful watch.

I should definitely improve the setup, as it is I can not move the lights and I think it would have done a lot better had I lowered the lights.

I might go buy a bunch of cords and chains tomorrow and drop the lights for the rest of the grow, this crop is going to need it. A part of me wants to leave them as is just to see what will happen.

I can tell looking at the plants that they wont stretch much more, what you see is what you get here.

:cry::fsu:
View Image

View Image
a look at this post made me wait one more day to flip...like a day is gonna make a difference haha. I am really stoked about this upcoming round.

good news is spacebomb X respect and Spacebomb X strange brew beans cracked in water, 2 of each.

I can not speak for the strange brew yet but I am confident the spacebomb X respect line will yield some unique super frosty-oily plants. Id be surprised if it's anything less.

Hopefully I find a plant with a twist on the spacebomb smell I love while improving plant structure and resin production. My spacebomb mom is flimsy and yields small buds that are a pain to trim. Possibly my favorite weed to smoke.

G

Gr33nSanta

Day 1 in Jackie's, they are just waking up from their very first nap, Ive got all the lights on maximum power and set for 12 hours a day!

I forgot to add this important detail probably about 2 weeks ago, In the flower room B, I changed all the timers to 11 or 11.30 a day in an attempt to reduce power consumption and experiment, see what happens.

I am about to transplant the 3 neroli91 to 1 gal to move to flower room for sexing, 4 strange brew as well. Also, starting more beans! Memory Loss X Strange Brew. That Strange Brew better not let me down!

Pretty soon I ll have pics of the first neroli91s to come down, 7-10 days.

The whole library depends on the clone king, we need roots! Or else I suppose I could clone early flowers.

Nothing else to say, I am just procrastinating because there is a ton of work in front of me, stop procrastinating! I think those dabs are getting to me, I am becoming lethargic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Quick clip with the phone. Most of them you cant see very well but the odd close up worked out. You can see my 2 Neroli91 near the end.

@ 25 sec. Memory Loss
@ 38 sec Les Fleurs Bleues
@ 50 sec Grapefruit X Chem D Bx
@ 56 sec SLK BH
@ 1.30 Granola Funk
@ 1.45 Neroli91 (the better one I think)
@ 2.11 Neroli91 (the shitty one I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPoilAWTtec&feature=youtu.be

(give it a min so you can watch in HD)

G

Gr33nSanta

Day 7 in Jackie's room, things are looking alright in there. I cleaned the bottoms a bit and defoliated very slightly. I am hoping I have time to go pick up trellis netting today. If I wait any longer it will be hard to install. By myself anyway.

Next week I ll raise all the lights as high as I can I think, it will give them one final week to stretch. I plan to defoliate heavily around day 19-20.

This round is looking like it will be the best or second best out of 4 rounds in that space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5IK5spttjg&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

attachment.php

Seedlings; 2 Spacebomb X Strange Brew, 2 Spacebomb X Respect, 3 Chupacabra X STOG and 4 Memory Loss X Strange Brew. The STOG was a male Strawberry OG X MissJack, very loud.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I couldnt include that sixth picture in the previous post, but I am really digging the thin leaves on the seedling on the right, Spacebomb X Strange Brew!

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Life of a gardener can be a super roller coaster.

I just harvested my Grapefruit x ChemD BX, I got a giant yield on her this time, massive buds and no mold. Every time I am about to let a plant go I grow it better than ever, ha! I ll post pics soon.

Major fuck up, one of the cross I was most stoked about, Memory Loss X (BlueSpoon X (SLK x BH)) , I pollinated a full branch I was gonna get over a hundred seeds. well, something I have not done for a long long time, I over watered her, shame on me!! The top of the plant is dying as well as the seeded branch, the lowest branches still look fine. I could not reach her, I am so mad!! Looking back in my thread I can see it has only been 18 days since I have pollinated...

I am pretty sure the seeded bud and the main stalk started dying so they will be dry in a couple of days. I am just letting it go in case there is a bit of life left. She was a week away from having good seeds, as it stands I might have a few almost ripe enough to grow...

The clone king is failing me as well, with less than 40% of cuttings showing small roots but it has been over 2 weeks now. I might lose some moms here. Les Fleures Bleues is safe, I can't say the same about my dear Memory Loss, please roooooot!!!

Sad day for Memory Loss...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I hope survival instincts kick in and you get a few beans across the finish line.

How do you like the slow release sachets? Always seemed like a great idea. Personally I have used the shakers of corn grit and vermiculite and did not like either.

G

Gr33nSanta

I love the slow release sachets. They have a date on them so when they are 3 or 4 weeks old I open them and see if there is still activity. If not they go in the trash or if in a pot in the flower room I just leave them there till the end and at that point I am not worried about getting water on them.

G

Gr33nSanta

I installed the trellis today, while I was at the store I also bought some Olivia cloning formula for the clone king to see if I can help with this disastrous round of cloning. 17 days and less than half show any sign of rooting.

I am not even sure what that Olivia is, probably not organic, ok, for sure not, but I am not all that worried at the cloning stage. I am seeing knobs forming on the Memory Loss, phew! but there are a few others that I would hate to lose.

So I installed the trellis, on day 8, I plan to defoliate 8-10 days from now, this round could be epic. Please please please please, yes 4 pleases.

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I have a 20 min to kill before I head to work, so here is a wall of txt haha!

Within the next couple of weeks I think I might take apart a 2 years old sub irrigated plantar and see what kind of funk is in the reservoir. That's right, the container has been in the room for just over 2 years now.

So that will make for some actual educational content, instead of my usual spouts of rambling and mostly notes for my self. Anyway, some more rambling;

I was re-listening to a Bodhi interview on Tad Hussey pod cast ( I highly recommend ). I picked up something new this time and it and gives me strength to let go of my Sweet Pine.

Bodhi is talking about the skunky smell being more volatile,

So while the plants are growing, they stink like crazy and very hard to cover up the smell, all the way until they go in the jar and from then on every time you open the jar you lose a lot of smells to the point that within a short period of time the skunky loudness is all but gone.

Anyway, I am not quoting, not nearly, but you get the gist of it. A light-bulb went on in my head, because this is exactly what I am seeing in one of my favorite plant. My Sweet Pine is (Medicine X Spacebomb) down to F3.

I think that the skunky smells are not even terpenes rather plant alcohol (I do not know the scientific name but some plants produce some sort of alcohol)

I love love love this plant at harvest, it smells like you are trimming something profoundly sweet, that is why I renamed her Sweet Pine. It used to be space pussy because at the F2 gen I selected a girl with a really pussy sweet smell but I never quite found anything like in the progeny. Anyway, I still took to F3 using a random male and a sweet smelling female.

This project was back when I started and I feel I really made the line worst at every generation but locked in some good smells anyway.

Long story short, I really want to breed for terpenes with good shelf life, and also I really like when the weed taste like smells. The Sweet Pine does taste like it smells for about 2-4 weeks after harvest. It does not age well.

I think I am gonna shy away from the skunky stuff.

Next Generation Seed Company - Medicine
Romulan x Sweet Skunk
Fast growing and hardy. The sativa dominant growth structure of the Sweet Skunk makes it quick to stretch meaning no vegetation time for sea of green. The Romulan lent its strong piney flavour. Great choice for medical growers, very potent and heady, most bang for your buck. Very versatile, works great in soil or hydro, buckets or tables. The Sweet Skunk used in this cross is the original mother of our `BC Harvest cup` winning Island Sweet Skunk.

clearheaded

just curious why you use your tags upside down? old flower tags with print on top side? less light blockage?? lol not big deal just living outside the box..

G

Gr33nSanta

just curious why you use your tags upside down? old flower tags with print on top side? less light blockage?? lol not big deal just living outside the box..

I am always re-using old veggie tags, when I buy starters for the garden, I save all the tags and then I use them upside down so I can write on them and clearly see, the other end of the tag is the ''local'' 's nursery logo.... a bit too noisy to write over.

I have piles of them tags, free tags forever!

G

Gr33nSanta

I am getting ready to do another round of clones, I was just writing a list of current moms (list keeps shrinking) and I noticed I had the list from March 2017 right next to the new one. It's like 2017 was a loop and I am right back to where I was then! My number 1 and number 2 were the same, I had just discovered the 2 candidas very high CBD plants, and over all, I feel I did not make much progress!

I ran a lot of average and less than average cultivars. Let's hope I have more luck this year. After I am done running the latest Bodhi's, I ll be running exclusively my own for a while. I am so tired of being let down.

Poor footage but I just wanted to show the fuck up, most of the plant has started drying, I think I ll have viable seeds in there but not a lot and likely not great shelf life on them. The last flower you see for some reason is still fine, weird how it slowly died from the top down. I am sure it's due to over watering but I hope it's not something else like root aphids ... I guess I should take that plant out of the room now, I keep thinking that the lush green bud has to have some seeds and those will be close to being mature tiger striped beans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJceWrArKnI&feature=youtu.be

G

Gr33nSanta

Looking back I can see that my neroli91 are on day 66. I think I ll chop em tonight. I do a quick clip maybe a few pics. I might try to reveg the big yielder.

It is sometimes hard to tell smelling a plant in the grow room so I am gonna wait until it's jarred up but not impressed with the smell on either one of them.

I am filling reservoirs in Jackie's for the first time since transplant, a day early. I am gonna try something new this time I will tear the garbage bag and water them from above just a wee bit to keep that upper layer moist a while longer, so a squirt above, then fill the reservoirs. Gonna wait 8-9 days and it will be once a week for the rest of the grow.

Here is a quick clip of my Grapefruit X ChemDBX. It was a little too moist for the first sweat and I got the hay smell when I opened the box this morning, anyway, I smoked a couple dubbies of it yesterday it she burns extremely smooth, pure white hash without any cure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEIL2QPLEJA&feature=youtu.be

Grown to the best of my capabilities, under some of my best lights, good yield on her but she does not quite cake up the way I like. I am probably gonna let her go.