What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

I harvested a couple of plants this morning, I really hope I can find some seeds in the barbara bud, I do not know why I did not pollinate that one.

She is still part of the line up, I really really like the smoke, smell, yield, everything about her. Next time I grow a male out I ought to make seeds with that girl.

The Cuvees were also great, I don't regret letting go of both of them but I am eager to grow some of the seeds I made with the 2 moms. Both were great, I keep the rest of the buds I have for head stash.

To replace the cuvee and the barbara in that SIP, I transplanted 4 plants, one Memory Loss, one SpaceBomb (Last round, running lots of crosses I made with her) one strange brew and last round for Grapefruit X ChemD BX. They are all very small but with 4 plants per sip I seem to always get the yield even without vegging after transplant.

Also tomorrow will be day 1 for 1 strange brew in a 10 gallons pot and 1 Memory Loss in a 5 gallons. The memory loss is ridiculously small, the stalk is probably 4 mm. I am that desperate to fill the flower room!

Tomorrow I will transplant a lot of seedlings to 1 gal pots for sexing so it will fill the room somewhat.

Why can't my 9 to 5 job be as easy as growing cannabis...

G

Gr33nSanta

The star of the show, Les Fleurs Bleues!

Any time I see sugar oozing out of my plants, I always think they must be so healthy, health of a plant can not be judge only by the look of it, but a sugar drop oozing out is a sure tell tale sign. Have a look at the third picture.

The most exciting for me here, is that the sugar is oozing out of a fully seeded but, with beautiful dark ripe seeds made with the male Blue Spoon X (SLK X BH).

I am not in a rush to grow those seeds, I need a break from too many CBD cultivars on the menu, but they will be put away safely with my most precious seeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Kv36Kwsz8&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I harvested a couple of SIPs, MissJack #2 is such a good keeper, she smells SO good, yields reliably, good bag appeal. I ought to make seeds with her! Not sure why this has not happened yet. I guess I ll have to keep her many more months because I do not plan to grow a male for some time now.

I replanted one SIP with one Memory Loss.

And the other with 4 smaller plants, 2 Elfinstones (they are 2 clones of the one I am about to harvest, if I was not so short on plants I would not grow again, Ive only grown one female though I will grow more Elfinstones.) 1 Memory Loss and the same Strange Brew I am about to harvest.

I am trying to let the Elfinstone and the Strange Brew go a little longer, sitting at day 65 I think, but neither one of them are a huge wower as far as I can tell so far. We will see what it represents at harvest.

I had really high expectation from the latest crosses from Bodhi that I have grown and I must admit I feel a little bit let down.

From now on I am focusing on my own crosses.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I had really high expectation from the latest crosses from Bodhi that I have grown and I must admit I feel a little bit let down.

Bodhi gear has such high variation,you really need to run higher numbers to find the gems. The Goji OG berry pheno is looking to be the number one star of my show, and the lines that I want to explore first. Joystick and Black Raspberry put out nothing but turds for me, and SSDD was just ok. Space Cake and Space Monkey were some of my personal favs.

Out of all the packs that I ran (from all breeders), I would say that I felt let down by almost half. It sucks when strains look fire but smoke/vape poor. It was what lead to me to understand the importance of terp profiles, as lots of trichs do not always equal great effect.

G

Gr33nSanta

Bodhi gear has such high variation,you really need to run higher numbers to find the gems. The Goji OG berry pheno is looking to be the number one star of my show, and the lines that I want to explore first. Joystick and Black Raspberry put out nothing but turds for me, and SSDD was just ok. Space Cake and Space Monkey were some of my personal favs.

Out of all the packs that I ran (from all breeders), I would say that I felt let down by almost half. It sucks when strains look fire but smoke/vape poor. It was what lead to me to understand the importance of terp profiles, as lots of trichs do not always equal great effect.
Perhaps, my expectations are not that high when I run my own seeds. Also more rewarding when I find fire stuff.

To be fair, I did find a really nice neroli but I did not have a clone of her. It is just that I had such high expectations, I thought for sure I was gonna find the new gem for my garden.

I ll run more of each but out of 4 strains, nothing super special. I do have one of the granola funk seems to have potential in the frost and yield but the smell in the jar is nothing special in my opinion.

I think maybe because I do not have a good sense of smells, plants must be very loud to have an impact on me.

It has been nice this past year or 2 growing more and more from clones and get to know some plants better than other, however, I have discovered that I almost grow tired of smoking the same females over and over.

I find it boring now when all the plants I am harvesting are my good old strains, even if grown to perfection, it is not nearly as fun as harvesting a batch of new strains.

The only 2 I'd hate to lose now are my Les Fleurs Bleues and my MissJack 2, and Miss Jack 2 only because I have yet to make seeds with her.

Anyway, gonna go water Jackie's, looks good in there, filling the reservoirs every 5 days vs every 7 days on previous rounds.

G

Gr33nSanta

Today is day one for a SIP, it has a Memory Loss X Strange Brew, a very small Barbara bud, and a small Strange Brew I think.

Also day 1 for 2 LFB and and also day 1 for Blue Spoon X Strange Brew. I have to keep an eye on her I am not 100% she s a girl I did not sex her.

No impressed with the Elfinstone so far. It was getting a little hot and they were foxtailing, but I think the Elfinstone and the Strange Brew shown here were around day 65.

Elfinstone:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Strange Brew, I am happier with this one over the Elfinstone. I am looking forward to grow more from that line.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Sweet Pine, day 48. I might let her go, she s very hard to clone and I can rarely get her to yield. She is super fast though. I have made seeds with that one as well with the male BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Of the plants I harvested recently, the sweet pine and the blue spoon are really the best. the sweet pine has the best flavor in rosin, the blue spoon is devastating.

The strange brew is very good and very strong as well. I am looking forward to grow her to her full potential.

The Elfinstone is kind of a dud. The rosin is fine but if I do not get a good squish from the lowers I call it a dud.

I might grow the seeds at some point but not any time soon.

I harvested well over 20 seeds from the sweet pine pollinated with blue spoon x (slk x bh)

The blue spoon x (slk X bh) #2 is really looking good in the flower room this line has good potential I am very stoked with.

The #1 is looking good as well but is not as far along in the flower room and I did not get my nose close to her yet.

Please help me not to pull the trigger too early on Jackie's room, it's looking good in there. I have to resist the urge at least until the 9th.

I ll post a final video soon. I will not get the yield I was hoping for but it will be decent.

I ll snap some shots with the microscope of the strange brew, she was not ready but close enough, I look forward to see what she looks like under the scope and share.

G

Gr33nSanta

This post and the next one are some pics of the Strange Brew #1. I am re-running the clone but I did not keep her since I made many seeds and running a few more as well.

As you can see, she was not ready, as always, I had an excuse ...

I got the jist of her though, I can see where this line could take me. Not as loud as I like but very pleasant smell none the less. The resin content is decent, the effects are very good even harvested this early (day 66, she could have used another 10 days easy, with a more competent gardener!)

One sure thing Ive been reaching for that jar a lot, nice to have something new to puff on. The Elfinstone on the dab is great too, enough said ...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

More Strange Brew, all the same bud, slightly different shots, I was trying to capture the density of glandular trichomes. Not like a GG #4 or a More Cowbell but still good coverage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I agree Mikell, it squishes well too, I am really looking forward to the crosses I made with this strain.

Here is BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH ) #1, I am still waiting/hoping on her to root, I took a cut late in flowering and she's been in the clone king for over 2 weeks, stem is browning up but I think I can see knobs forming so there is hope. The #1 is far superior to the number 2 so far.

The smell is absolutely loud, funky, unique. I just chopped a bud I will sample in a few days. That one will come down early but I will try to reveg if the clone does not root.

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGfwJ99r0s

The #2 is nice as well, way smaller yield, worth noting neither one of them were under great lighting and maybe marginal re-used soil. I do have a clone of the #2 so I will regrow that one for sure, hopefully in a SIP. The smell is not as loud on #2 but still very pleasant. It has the block head flat top buds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yS-hxzCzzE

G

Gr33nSanta

The sample of BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) #1 I harvested way early was ready to press this morning. All I can say is that I am very stoked about all the crosses I made with the mother bluespoon.

Even though the sample is super early, I got a great squish, great smell, great taste, and great high. I know I won't be able to grow to her full potential because spidermites are moving quick on her... Whether the clone roots or not, I can not wait to grow more seeds of that line.

Not sure if I should reveg her because it's about to get really hot for 6 months and I do not think I want to introduce spidermites to the veg room...

I am tempted to take a break of growing for the summer, seeing how fast spidermites move in this heat can be challenging and discouraging. I am thinking of slowly turning the lights off until the flower room is empty.

I need to start over. Jackie's room has been working out so well on cycles versus perpetual style, I do not think there is a single spidermite in there, getting ready to harvest.

I think this is the end of me growing perpetually, plant in plant out, makes it really hard to control pest without ever spraying.

clearheaded

def had my eye on both strange brew and eliphinstone. tried a poor version of island sweet skunk and man the high!! clear upbeat yet floaty not rip snorting paranoia sativa just perfect!!.. if tasted as good as it could it would been awesome. since have been after the original swee skunk :) tried the cbd version from lp which is ok but lp stuff. grew out fruit slap which was querkleX sweet skunk, intense durian smells with a little berry skunk and greasy but very small nugs. hit it to apollo genius male hopefully kicks up the sour fruit and yeild. let us know how strange brew turns out. if someone renamed sweet skunk i think it would garner ALOT of popularity even with my brief poor encounters with it, I know there is a reason it has stayed around....

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Wait,,, you've had GG4 in your possession and gave it up??? ;o

True about perpetual, I have 8 plants going into bloom room per week for 6 weeks. then 3 weeks of bloom, and then harvest and replace for 6 weeks. Battling PM, and it would be nice to be able to sulphur and clean the whole room and have a chance to start fresh.

At the same time its nice to be able to spread out the work, so I don't think I want to give it up just yet. BC gets way hotter than AB, I can run 3K at night from 10 pm to 10 am, window open, 232Watt 1000 CFM exhaust only and stay under 27C, havent had mites yet, fingers crossed.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bit pricey but predator mites in veg might be up your alley. There is also a ladybug type called S. Punctilum. Believe they have the slow release sachets up here now. Much cleaner than bran or vermiculite carriers.

There are descriptions of each type in the organic subforum if you're curious.

Latest posts

Latest posts