What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

2 out of 3 Granola Funk I am growing did not take well to the way I sexed them without giving them enough time to revert back to veg.

They are still shooting a bunch of single blade leaves at about 2 weeks into flower.

The #2 which I have a clone of is the only one looking normal.

I just defoliated them, there is a 4 plant in there I forget what it is.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are the 4 plants going in where the ThunkFlow was, the 2 to the right are Cuvee #2 and to the left there is a Les Fleurs Bleues and another one I forget, Memory Loss I think bahaha

attachment.php

attachment.php

JJDubz

Some fantastic shots here Green.

The up close Rosin shots are fantastic and could be blown up for a wall poster, most would have no clue what it was besides some really funky patterns!

Yet to see Rosin here in S. Ontario...Never tried dabs (I dont muck w chemicals) but I do like the idea of solventless extracts.

Keep it up dude...looks like some great stuff! Too bad my scratch n sniff is broken!

G

Gr33nSanta

Thanks JJDubz.

Here is a couple phone pics of my Blue Spoon X (SLK X Blockhead) dude. It's a nice plant, gonna pollinate a few plants with it, not sure which, whichever is ready for it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Anyway, I do not plan to flower another male until Summer, maybe for CBD stuff but that's it.

It adds up quickly, I am staring at all the new lines of seeds currently drying. I got 10 to 25 seeds on each branch I pollinated on that video a while back.

I am really looking forward to run them, not sure which I will chose to grow first, I ll give the seeds a good month to dry at room temps.

G

Gr33nSanta

I won't be allowed to grow males up there if I make a mess every time!

Timing is not the best for this guy, but there are still a few interesting females that will be pollinated, I was just looking and just to name a few, More Cowbell, Barb, Blue Spoon backcross, cuvee #1 (possibly the more chocolaty pheno, waiting for next round to confirm) and a few others.

His 2 sisters will be going in the flower room within the next 3 weeks, could be as soon as a week from now.

G

Gr33nSanta

Welcome Bmac1, I wish I could upload more pics and make this journal more intesresting but I am so damn busy, hopefully within the next few months I ll have enough money to buy a new cpu or at least format and reinstall all softwares, I really want to start uploading nice pics again like I used to but it's not happening right now.

I just went and smoked a Thunkflow dubbie, it's good high CBD strain but I finally threw the cut in the compost pile today.

I am looking forward to grow the seeds I made with her but besides being very loud, unique and high CBD, she was taking too long in the flower room and not that special to me.

The Memory Loss I harvested days ago is killer weed, full on amnesia, it's like you are talking and truly keep losing your train of thoughts, I really love her.

She is #2 behind the Les Fleurs Bleues for a reason, probably one of the most debilitating I have every grown or smoked.

The smell and taste is on point, well done Archive seeds on that one.

I am debating going back to growing a lot more from seeds, I always get bored of cuts, I think I should focus on keeping a very solid top 5, and grow mostly from seeds again.

I am just rambling, yiiiihhhaaaa

G

Gr33nSanta

Day 1 for 2 plants in smallest flower room, Elfinstone being one of them I forgot the other one. Also, day 1 for 2 SIPs, one has 2 plants, MissJack2 and something else I forget but it was a good match, the other has CBDQ, LFB and SpaceGrin.

Just dropped a few beans in water again, bodhi again.

I have a Les Fleurs Bleues #2 that just showed sex, Les Fleurs Bleues #2 were seeds I made outside, using a male (Strawberry OG X ( MissJack X BCD) I believe it was. Anyway, that one gonna go in flower within the next month, gonna give her some leg room and let her bounce back into veg first.

G

Gr33nSanta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-_jsuecy8

Day 55. Ideally, I should push that room one more full week, we'll see what happens, I am not seeing pest so far. But I am eager to start over because all the gaps in there makes me feel like it's time to start over. My goal with that room was to do 6 cycles in 2018 and I feel if I do not harvest at the end of February I ll be falling behind. Most plants are ready but there are a few that could use 7-10 more days.

Anyway, I do not have to make the call just yet.

The First bud I zoom onto is the Cuvee #2.

@16 sec, you can see the BlueSpoon mom, just always so good to me. I am really stoked about all the latest crosses I have made with her and her progeny.

The last female is the SpaceGrin, wicked hash making plant, if I was not running cycles in that room, this girl would be going for another 2 weeks, but because I really want to keep that room on the same pace, she's gonna come down early and make wonderful hash once again.

The highlight of this video really is the BlueSpoon.

My high CBD girl Les Fleurs Bleues (aka The Blue Flowers), is my number 1 keeper, but when it comes to high THC cultivars, my BlueSpoon and my Memory Loss are my top 2 girls.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Oh Snap you got granola funk goin ! 3 or 4 dif females you ended up with then? Taking cuts of all of them Im assuming at some point incase they are keepers ;P. I just got my more cowbells seeds in the mail the other day. I chose those cause I liked the Male G13/88HP he used, wanted something short and squat fast finishing and dense n crystally. But I kinda regret not getting granola funk. Should have gotten both Im realizing now.

G

Gr33nSanta

from 34sec to 44sec, that is my more cowbell that I am letting go. She's been good to me but she is a bit finicky, the thing I hate the most about her is how strigny, hard to pluck fan leaves without scissors, very hempy....

I hope I get to make seeds with her before I let her go. The male BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) is a bit neglected and wont give me as much pollen as I had hoped. I should really pollinate the more Cowbell and a couple others with it.

EDIT I forgot the link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-_...ature=youtu.be

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

I harvested the 4 girls in the SIP planted on Nov 30th. I topdressed with too much food, the plants did not fade a lot but they were all fully ripe.

I will do major spring cleaning in my list of moms. A lot of them will go.

So here it is for February, there are some I am going to grow one more time but will let go of them.

The ones in bold are the ones I am keeping for sure. I want to make room to run some newer genetics, I am getting tired of the old...

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC

#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi 14%THC GONE
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC

#7 - Candida #4 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 11% CBD, 0.75% THC
#8 - MissJack #1 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC GONE
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-CBDQ ((Missjack X BCD) X Dragon Fruit or Skylotus) I think
#11-SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#12-SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#13-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-Respect #3 - Reggae Seeds
#16-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera
#17-Revolution - Reggae Seeds GONE
#18-CBC#1 Some old Ancient OG and Respect cross I think
#19-Cuvee #1 - TGA
#20-Cuvee #2 - TGA
#21-O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds GONE
#22-ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

The list is about to shrink a lot, I spend a lot of my time thinking about going back to growing mostly from seeds and let go of most moms. I do not like to be stagnant.

Anyway, the list is still long for this next round of cloning.

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC
#3 - Blue Spoon - (BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#4 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC
#5 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC[/B]
#6 - CBDQ ((Missjack X BCD) X Dragon Fruit or Skylotus) I think
#7 - SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#8 - Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#9 - Respect #3 - Reggae Seeds
#10-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera
#11-CBC#1 Some old Ancient OG and Respect cross I think

I might be letting the spacegrin go as well, I totally should. Anyway I made some progress here.

I have a couple Strange Brew and Neroli91 above ground as of this morning as well. Made my day right there.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you think of Barb? The hash seems to be a hit from here to Spain.

G

Gr33nSanta

What do you think of Barb? The hash seems to be a hit from here to Spain.

I love the smell, yields very well, so far appears to be mold resistant, when I say mold resistant I can only speak for botrytis as my garden has been free of powdery mildew for over 6 years.

One thing is that you can pretty much look at a bud and resin heads fall off. I am not sure what to make of this trait, certainly is a dream for dry sifting and water extraction, but as far as selling potent flowers I am not sure it is a good thing.

Another interesting thing about her is the plant in veg smells very similar to the flowers, only very subtle. I have never had a plant in veg smelling so close to the flowers.

I get attached to her more and more at every harvest.

This is a wide mouth mason jar lid. This plant was full of nice medium size nugs, no colas.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks nice. The resin dropping makes sense, he seems to like his hash. It is a very good quality for hash plants.

That is a good benchmark. Most of my favourite cultivars have the smell in veg.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh no.

Say it ain't so.

You don't read the local rag, do you?

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

I can't say I read them but I use them!

Ooops, I hope I do not regret this, I might have gone overboard with the BlueSpoon X (SLK X BlockHead) dude, we'll see... let's just hope there s not gonna too many seeds where I do not want them haha.

Overall the timing was not great, some of the plants I wanted to pollinate were not ready and some were too far into flowering.

I could go back in there in 2 weeks but I am hesitant to use more pollen for a while, I can't afford to have seeds in too many flowers.

The highlight of this pollination, is the Memory Loss, I pollinated one big long branch and should get plenty of seeds.

The other 2 that I am stoked are the Cuvees and the Granola Funk #2.

I feel I am done pollen chucking for the year, except outdoor, but there is no point making any more seeds for now.

G

Gr33nSanta

I know you can't see shit, but this is Jackie's room hanging upside down. I so hope there is more than 2 lbs hanging, what a waste of time if there is not. However, the quality looks very good accross the board. The Respect and the SpaceGrin were not quite ready, there is another plant I am not sure what it was I assume cbc 1 which was also not quite ready. Everything was ready enough though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1LXa0wTPo&feature=youtu.be

I like that all the plants had a nice fade, except the missjack #1 which I am coming to realize she is not a heavy feeder, oh well, it was likely her last round, she keeps hermiing too...

It is a very aromatic harvest, every cultivars have a very unique terpene profile. I am really debating letting go of sweet pine, man that plant smells good. Such a small yield though. I am sitting right next to it, right next to me, I think the smells are very volatile, I think this girl, fresh, is hard to beat as far as sweet smell goes.

If I get anywhere between 2.5 to 3 lbs I ll be happy there was a lot of gaps in the canopy. Id be extremely happy with 3 lbs, but it looks closer to 2...

I think I might give a good few days of veg for the next round, I so want a full canopy.

Time to smoke a big spliff and get back to work, gonna fill the room back up, no down time here....