What's new

Green_Thumbs Current Projects

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
gotta love nirvana's' fast service,just got my GHS fems and freebies(mandala safari mix 5 pack) hope to be gettin the white berry(paradise seeds fems) and white diesel(white label fems) tomorrow, kinda sux tho im batteling mites so i wont be popping any beans quite yet. thinkin if in a mothe or so if i still have em il just kill what i have off and clean up and start fresh with fresh genes.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Hey yall,been a bit. Getting back into hydro,built a RDWC 4 bucket system

SU1HMDA3MzEuanBn.jpg

I'm a newb to it so I'm sure I'll encounter road blocks and speed bumps hopefully nothing heart breaking happens, the system is pretty much blazeoneups system with a couple tweaks to it like 1/2" feed lines and a ring that hooks up to the feed elbow with 5x1/4" straights pointing down in each bucket in hopes of goooood in the bucket mixing I'm using a 633gph water pump in line to keep heat out of the controller cuz I don't have a chiller, anywho I'm not quite finished with it yet I need to acquire 3/4" vinyl tubing,E&F screens for each bucket,a rez,a controller tub and a couple other things. I'm excited to try trees dwc style.

I have AN nutes right now I'd rather get botanicare but I guess I'll use what I got,if there's anybody out there that has experience with AN in DWC please drop some 2 cents I could use it,iv been using it in soil and pretty much always get burn. Here's the line up
-grow/micro/bloom
-nirvana
-B-52
-bud blood
-big bud
-Bud candy
-overdrive
-final phase
I also have some botanicare CalMag and hydrozyme,don't know much about the hydrozyme if some one can help make sense of all these ingredients I'll be usin the shit out of the search well as much as I can take it using my cell its kinda of a paine but the gro must go on so, I do what I gotta do.also I can't decied as to what gene I wana try first in the system my choices are kinda wide,blackberry x purple heirloom,blackberry kush,blackjack(nirvana),arcata trainwreck,deep chunk X cherri slyder,blueberry misty,purple kush,blue god(blueberry x god bud). I really want a high yielder and not having much experiance with hydro I'm not sure what to go with? I popped a bunch of beans not too log ago 5x paradise seeds whiteberry Fems,5xwhite label white diesel FEMS,10xMOD godberry and GH seeds-arjans strawberry haze,church,greatwhite shark,lemon skunk,hawiian snow and every seed germed and popped to be some what decent little starts I'll definetly be cycling all those genes in there forsure. So yeah and Q's or comments welcome and wanted.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
HEY ALL!!! finally back on my lappy, havnt been very active on here lately and iv got some pix to show off check em out...

here we have my blackberry kush,i love this strain, super frosty and rock hard and very very potent
CIMG7340.jpg

CIMG7345.jpg

CIMG7346.jpg

CIMG7387.jpg

CIMG7409.jpg

CIMG7440.jpg

next we have close to harvest pix of the above urkle scrog,have most of her hangin/dryin right now left some lower sites on to maybe fill in a bit more.
CIMG7469.jpg

CIMG7455.jpg

CIMG7473.jpg

I'm so loving that deep purple.. Your buds are FIRE!!!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hey yall,been a bit. Getting back into hydro,built a RDWC 4 bucket system

SU1HMDA3MzEuanBn.jpg

I'm a newb to it so I'm sure I'll encounter road blocks and speed bumps hopefully nothing heart breaking happens, the system is pretty much blazeoneups system with a couple tweaks to it like 1/2" feed lines and a ring that hooks up to the feed elbow with 5x1/4" straights pointing down in each bucket in hopes of goooood in the bucket mixing I'm using a 633gph water pump in line to keep heat out of the controller cuz I don't have a chiller, anywho I'm not quite finished with it yet I need to acquire 3/4" vinyl tubing,E&F screens for each bucket,a rez,a controller tub and a couple other things. I'm excited to try trees dwc style.

I have AN nutes right now I'd rather get botanicare but I guess I'll use what I got,if there's anybody out there that has experience with AN in DWC please drop some 2 cents I could use it,iv been using it in soil and pretty much always get burn. Here's the line up
-grow/micro/bloom
-nirvana
-B-52
-bud blood
-big bud
-Bud candy
-overdrive
-final phase
I also have some botanicare CalMag and hydrozyme,don't know much about the hydrozyme if some one can help make sense of all these ingredients I'll be usin the shit out of the search well as much as I can take it using my cell its kinda of a paine but the gro must go on so, I do what I gotta do.also I can't decied as to what gene I wana try first in the system my choices are kinda wide,blackberry x purple heirloom,blackberry kush,blackjack(nirvana),arcata trainwreck,deep chunk X cherri slyder,blueberry misty,purple kush,blue god(blueberry x god bud). I really want a high yielder and not having much experiance with hydro I'm not sure what to go with? I popped a bunch of beans not too log ago 5x paradise seeds whiteberry Fems,5xwhite label white diesel FEMS,10xMOD godberry and GH seeds-arjans strawberry haze,church,greatwhite shark,lemon skunk,hawiian snow and every seed germed and popped to be some what decent little starts I'll definetly be cycling all those genes in there forsure. So yeah and Q's or comments welcome and wanted.

The system looks top notch my friend.. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.. I'm in for this ride.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Thanks SDG,its a working progress right now, well here's the system set up in the tent,
SU1HMDA4NjMuanBn.jpg

I have a 2'x4' E&F tray on top of the buckets for veg til the roots come out the netpots.

I hope to get 4 cuts of. Maui super dawg soon to get it going if I don't get em soon I might rinse the soil off 4 white diesel fem seeds I have going and put those in there we'll see.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Very tight and very clean I LOVE IT!!! Dude you are a freaking genius! I would have never thought to use the net top lids in a flood tray to get them started before popping them into the buckets. These plants are going to blow fire! The root system will be ridiculous!

green_thumb...

Veteran
I sure hope so!!! I need a good harvest badly.iv always seemed to fail on hydro grows every time,but I just think back to my youngin days and say "I think I can,I think I can" so here we are.lol

BigGreen

Veteran
Dwc rocks. You running a chiller? Its not as hard as it seems KISS method and you will get some great yields without road blocks. Stable ph is key for success and the more bubbles the better. Throw a pk in there dude it will blow up huge and yield greatly.
Nice plants by the way

green_thumb...

Veteran
Thanks BigGreen,I don't have a chiller yet but I do plan to get one tho,I'm still waiting on my RO system(in the mail) and I already got a hanna ppm meter and PH meter so I'll be keeping it all in check,I'm also waitig on some maui superdawg cuts so its still just sittin around I have some bubba kush cuts not yet rooted if they root before I get the mauis I'll just throw those in there,I have 3 Purple kushes in soil I'm gonna grow trees with. I may even just keep em vegging til next outdoor season who knows.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Well got my RO system and its beefy as fuck,also I didn't know RO systems burn 3gallons of waste water for every gallon of good RO water? That seemed odd to me.

L01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZXJyeS9w-2.jpg

I filled up the rdwc and am gonna let it run for a few days til either I get clones or the 4 bubba kushes I have root enough to toss in,I also need to acquire a chiller still which I hope to soon,iv had a blackberry x purple heirloom in a 5" square pot sorta experimenting with in the E&F tray,its doing awesome too great growth I just flushed and cleaned everything and refilled with RO water the PH was 5.8ish so I just added nutes and brought the ppm upto 405ish and the PH dropped to 4.5 so I added GH PH up brought it up to 5.6 so I'll leave it there.

SU1HMDA5NDkuanBn.jpg

So as far as the rdwc what do I add to the RO water first? Do I PH it first then add nutse? Also I think I remember reading that when adding the 3 part to put the micro in first and let it mix in real good before adding the rest? I just want things to go as right as possible for once ya know?

Oh and I just transplanted 5 fem whiteberrys into 3gal pots so we should be cloning that soon,

SU1HMDA5NDUuanBn.jpg

there's also white diesel,godberry,lemon skunk,strawberry haze and greatwhite shark in this little room there under a 400w horti hps in a batwing style hood hooked up to a hydrofarm ballast works great and is pretty silent not nearly as hot as my lumatek either.

green_thumb...

Veteran
BUMP!!

So as far as the rdwc what do I add to the RO water first? Do I PH it first then add nutse? Also I think I remember reading that when adding the 3 part to put the micro in first and let it mix in real good before adding the rest?

green_thumb...

Veteran
And were off!!! Got 4 bubba kush clones in there really fresh rooted cuts so we'll see if they make it,ppm is 250ish and PH 5.6 using RO water with AN grow/micro/bloom @ 1/4tsp/gal,cal-mag+ @ 1/4tsp/gal and some prop-o-gator root nute.I figure I'll just leave it where its at til the ppm drops to 150 or so then I'll top off and leave it for a week or 2 then flush and add a fresh mix.

SU1HMDA5NjMuanBn.jpg

Also here's my other tent in bloom. I have a 600w hps in a cool tube hung vertical,I need more plants in there seems to me its a little empty in there what yall think?

SU1HMDA5NTkuanBn.jpg

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hey Green Thumb,
You probably have this covered but do you have check valves on the air lines. I noticed your water pump was below the water line and I couldn't see any. Looking NICE!!

green_thumb...

Veteran
Hey thanks SDG,no no check valves here,I find they restrict airflow some and I haven't had a problem with water back flowing yet.I'm really excited to get the hydro going and I can't wait to see some fatty bubba kush nugs.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hey thanks SDG,no no check valves here,I find they restrict airflow some and I haven't had a problem with water back flowing yet.I'm really excited to get the hydro going and I can't wait to see some fatty bubba kush nugs.

Dude I can't wait to see your garden explode. Just fed my moms this morning a few hours before lights out. LoL I was practicing the Lucas Formula add back on the 1 gallon jugs I was using to feed them. OMG!!! I hope they explode like yours brother :)

Agent-Smith

So as far as the rdwc what do I add to the RO water first? Do I PH it first then add nutse? Also I think I remember reading that when adding the 3 part to put the micro in first and let it mix in real good before adding the rest?

Hey bro, long time no see! Been alot going on but I'm back now :wave:

Nutes go in first and then the pH. Yeah, just add nutes per the directions on the bottle, micro, grow, bloom and mix each thoroughly before adding the next. :D