What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

I harvested the last Romulan Sativa (ape origin) x Purple satellite. october 6. A few weeks later than its 2 earlier sisters.

The smell is amazing with a deep weird fruity musky smell. hard to describe . The leaves are such a dark purple. pollinted with purple satellite males.

RS x PS #3
View attachment 18903313
Hell @lohnjennon
Looking super there what is in the Ape origins breeding? And if I may? How much did Purple Satellite shorten the flowering?

vermontman

vermontman

Very nice! Purple Satellite really influences other genetics in a good way - colours, terps, resistance and flowering time!
I got very lucky this season with my Killer A5 Haze x Purple Satellite or "Killer Satellite" as I call it. A combination of my fav indoor sativa/haze and outdoor sativa. Getting ready on lat. 49 (germany). Got 3 different phenos:
View attachment 18903381
View attachment 18903383
View attachment 18903382
Cheers @Synthracer!
Man you can really see all the moms wrapped into your ladies, in your cross. Nice looking mix! As I said a bit earlier it doesnt always work out as we would expect or hope. But looking great there! And you can't go wrong with @dubi's Ace genetics either.

numide

Veteran
Pineapple Banana Bud

I've got 2 females of this one, frosty buds appears

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

lohnjennon

Hell @lohnjennon
Looking super there what is in the Ape origins breeding? And if I may? How much did Purple Satellite shorten the flowering?
I got the Romulan Sativa as a freebie from a seed order and when i grew it i seeded it very heavily, with PS, so i never grew them to their full potential. I am not sure when they would have been harvested normally. 2/3 of the RSxPS finished about the same time as PS, this last one was about 3 weeks later (and much bigger)

this is from seedfinder about Ramulan Sativa
Lineage: Romulan Indica cut (breeder Next Generation) x Titans Haze (aka Skunk Haze)

vermontman

I got the Romulan Sativa as a freebie from a seed order and when i grew it i seeded it very heavily, with PS, so i never grew them to their full potential. I am not sure when they would have been harvested normally. 2/3 of the RSxPS finished about the same time as PS, this last one was about 3 weeks later (and much bigger)

this is from seedfinder about Ramulan Sativa
Lineage: Romulan Indica cut (breeder Next Generation) x Titans Haze (aka Skunk Haze)
Awesome!
I wonder how the Nepali Sativa crossed with longer Sativas would go. This next season I will be concentrating a bit more on African gentics. I scored Moshi. Kilimanjaro, I think the last one was called. Isabania, all supposed to be landrace shipped right from Africa, so well see. But I am still mostly keen on Mulanje, she is so unique.

lohnjennon

Awesome!
I wonder how the Nepali Sativa crossed with longer Sativas would go. This next season I will be concentrating a bit more on African gentics. I scored Moshi. Kilimanjaro, I think the last one was called. Isabania, all supposed to be landrace shipped right from Africa, so well see. But I am still mostly keen on Mulanje, she is so unique.
I bet those nepali sativa crosses would be worth trying. I would love to hear more about your process when it comes to selecting and choosing what to cross to what. I have made a lot of reproductions of seed lines but just starting with breeding experiments.
Those African varieties sound interesting, I have grown out Malawi x PCK from ace and loved it. Next year I should have a greenhouse to grow some longer flowering stuff.

Where do you get your Mulanje and other African varieties from?

vermontman

I bet those nepali sativa crosses would be worth trying. I would love to hear more about your process when it comes to selecting and choosing what to cross to what. I have made a lot of reproductions of seed lines but just starting with breeding experiments.
Those African varieties sound interesting, I have grown out Malawi x PCK from ace and loved it. Next year I should have a greenhouse to grow some longer flowering stuff.

Where do you get your Mulanje and other African varieties from?
I agree! The one thing that slows me down is focusing on keeping my genetic lines running pure and strong. It's a lot of work just keeping lines running. But selection for me it is best to work with stabilized genetic lines as a good base line. Then it's a matter of imaging what might go good together taking into account taste, flowering time, flavor, so on and so on. But know that what might sound like a great cross may not come out as expected. So again it's a bit of trial and error. My Mulanje was acquired some years ago and still could use quite a bit of work. But when she is done right Mulanje is outstanding. This was from Malberry stock many years ago. As far as African land race strains, just google Pure African strains. The other thing to consider is having the right grow conditions or climate that the strains you work with can easily adjust to. Some sativa needs a longer veg time so the chronological age, of the plants can support well developed buds to truly show what the strain is capable of producing. Even the best genetics can be shwag if not grown to their fullest potential. So best to get one line down pat at a time.
Hope that helps!

lohnjennon

Very nice! Purple Satellite really influences other genetics in a good way - colours, terps, resistance and flowering time!
I got very lucky this season with my Killer A5 Haze x Purple Satellite or "Killer Satellite" as I call it. A combination of my fav indoor sativa/haze and outdoor sativa. Getting ready on lat. 48 (germany). Got 3 different phenos:
View attachment 18903381
View attachment 18903383
View attachment 18903382
wow! Looking very nice! I agree, The purple satellite seems to be a great breeding tool. how did it affect the smell in the Killer satellite? was it closer to the Killer A5 mother or to the PS? I grew 6 of the Panama x PS cross I made last year, and the smells are mostly from the Panama , but but it took about 2 weeks off the total flowering time.

PxPS 1
pxps1_10-6.jpg

PxPS4
pxps4_10-6.jpg

PxPS 5

pxps5_10-6.jpg

PxPS 6

pxps6_10-6.jpg
pxps66_10-6.jpg

Perdido

Killer A5 Haze x Purple Satellite or "Killer Satellite" as I call it. A combination of my fav indoor sativa/haze and outdoor sativa. Getting ready on lat. 48
Thank you for that!
Killer A5 Haze is probably a very late strain.
My Purple Haze x Malawi from ACE hasn't even properly started flowering up till today.
That PS does make this tropical sativas so much earlier is really cool to know.
Purple Satellite has turned into my favorite smoke from 2022 anyways.

Perdido

I scored Moshi. Kilimanjaro, I think the last one was called. Isabania, all supposed to be landrace shipped right from Africa, so well see.
Isabania? Where is that?
I just started Malawis and will add Angola Red and ???
May I ask how you check the stretch in such tropical sativas?
How long from seed before you switch? And I read contradicting info about light intensity until they form buds?

By the way
I just harvested the Zacatecas Tribute on Oct 15th on lat 48 in Austria.
It was a shabby plant - with four beautiful buds and intense aromas.

DSC00615 ZT 01.jpg

I am so curious how the smoke will turn out!

Mtshasta

Harvested the GMG Oct.10 at 49N in Canada and she was ready. Now I have a bag of resinous, sticky buds to enjoy the dark cold months ahead. She gave me much happiness to grow her and for that I thank you VM!

Attachments

• IMG_5140.jpeg
    IMG_5140.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5152.jpeg
    IMG_5152.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5153.jpeg
    IMG_5153.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70

befa

A5 X PS seeded this year with NH
latitude 50 , you have to understand that A5 would never have produced a pistil here ;)
Day of the guillotine, no male flower found, it should be known that it is a cutting taken from a mother plant which had shown signs of hermis at the end of cycle 11 12 indoors, hydroponic culture, stressed as it should be, the test here seems satisfactory to me.
To complete the circle ;) the best of (A5 X PS)x NH will be mounted again with PS, I think of using one of my F2 oriented on the Nepalese side of the cross to reduce the flo time and bring the organoleptic envelope on the strawberry side.
I found some beautiful strawberries with the F2s, one of which was bred at the time with a pineapple field pheno haze male. I could hope to find a male with a strawberry scent stem, strawberry gum.
I've been working with the Vermontman PS tool for over 3 years now, and it can now help me to reduce the flo time on certain individuals, especially those over 100 days old like Haze. On more modern hybrids, it won't always reduce the time depending on the individual, and I think PS is more effective with landrace varieties with long flo.
SDC14745.JPG
SDC14746.JPG
SDC14747.JPG
SDC14748.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts