What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

sgka

Veteran
Chopped another wave of GMG today
IMG_7186.jpeg

vermontman

Hi @vermontman i'm not feminizing or breeding with any of your lines, don't know where does this come from.

Have a great weekend!

Hi @vermontman i'm not feminizing or breeding with any of your lines, don't know where does this come from.

Have a great weekend!
Hello @dubi
I thought I saw another seed supplier offering them with the ACE label, so I just assumed. I tried to retrace where I saw the offering but could not relocate them. Sorry seems like my mistake.
Warm Regards

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks @drosera420 - I just put a little tray underneath to collect the seeds to try to grow some more, good thing I saved the tiny pots they came in.

@TexasTea I prolly should put these in the tent but instead have them out on the kitchen counter... everybody seems to get a kick out of them. They have hanging baskets with large pitcher plants that would be perfect to hang at the top of a tent... (thanks for the idea!) - good luck with the African Violets. My latest 'kick' has been Japanese Maples which can get expensive quick!

Also, re: fungus gnats - Have you tried mosquito dunks and neem meal?
I always get them whenever I bring a bag of starter mix in. Seems like all bagged soil has them these days. I have almost no problem with my recycled organic soils, it's just when any new outside soil mixes come in.

vermontman

View attachment 18971161
Fan art made by Mrs. Outsidegrower. We are big fans of this strain. Thanks V-man!
That is just terrific! I really love it!
And you are most welcome!
I have some skywalker OG and blueberry on the left that will come down in a few days. My other tent is about half MG and half SSH. It's trucking along, about 3 weeks into flower now
I was wondering what the others were and that explains it! That is terrific looks like you will be loaded in green!

Hey Tex!
it's funny that the fungus nats were brought up one was just running across my computer screen.

PURPLE SATELLITE
Older pic.

PURPLE SATELLITE.jpg

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Veteran
Hello @dubi
I thought I saw another seed supplier offering them with the ACE label, so I just assumed. I tried to retrace where I saw the offering but could not relocate them. Sorry seems like my mistake.
Warm Regards
Mandala is offering a couple of crosses with Mountain Gold and Satori and I believe they reversed the MG in one of them. I snagged a couple of those crosses when I jumped on the @dubi Oaxacan offerings. The Mandala crosses are fems but I haven't come across any pure MG fems.

jroadytoady

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks of the Mountain Golds in 12/12 ... only 6 or 7 more to go :cool:

Last week I naively thought they were done stretching :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The smells are amazing... can't get enough of this bubblegum smell on 2 of them!

Absolutely love these @vermontman

Only had to give them a tsp of kelp meal so far.

Attachments

• 20240314_171058.jpg
    20240314_171058.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20240314_170800.jpg
    20240314_170800.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20240314_171138.jpg
    20240314_171138.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 61

vermontman

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks of the Mountain Golds in 12/12 ... only 6 or 7 more to go :cool:

Last week I naively thought they were done stretching :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The smells are amazing... can't get enough of this bubblegum smell on 2 of them!

OOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO!!!
I am living vicariously through you at the moment. Bubblegum sounds terrific! Like the original bubblegum that came out of Indiana in the late seventies? I guess it all comes back to the strains origins.
When you work with the base palate of cannabis like you would the primary colors of a paint set and you start mixing colors and put them on a canvas amazing things begin to happen.
But if you mix to many of all the awesome primary colors all you will end up with is brown, That is how I view breeding fine cannabis, and most of the strains of today. To me today's canvas of cannabis strains are way to mixed to be able to get the clear picture of the colors and pure intention that make up the the least diluted strains, which is reflective in the quality and clarity of a truly great high that has now been set aside or just forgotten by people simply because they never had exposure or maybe simply have forgotten. But I believe mostly because of our time frame now in cannabis history people just don't know because of the fads, and the hype of today's mostly irreproducible strains of what simply was our truly great marijuana has been forgotten. I hope to keep alive what I feel will help serve people to realize a mindfully healthy happy alternative and mostly just keep others smiling.
Thank you for your post! And to all keeping up the inspiration!
Please keep us posted.
CHEERS!

Last edited:

ilovegrowing

Wow! Looking fantastic and promising! Mountainiously 😃

May i ask what kind of organic ingredients you have in use or in your soil mix? And how much horse power, …ehm watts are you using? ;) bubblegum sounds delicious 👍

OOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO!!!
I am living vicariously through you at the moment. Bubblegum sounds terrific! Like the original bubblegum that came out of Indiana in the late seventies? I guess it all comes back to origins.
When you work with the base palate of cannabis like you would the primary colors of paint set and put them on a canvas you may get great art? But if you mix to many colors all you will end up with is brown, and that is how I view breeding fine cannabis. To me todays canvas of cannabis strains is way to mixed to get the clearer colors and pure intention that make up the the least diluted strains that so have forgotten about or just simply were never exposed to, mostly because of our time frame in cannabis history and to the beauty of what simply our truly great marijuana can be.
Thank you for your post! And with all!
Please keep us posted.
CHEERS!
Does that mean, it would be very good for the future cannabis world if many people all over the world try to keep lines/colours pure and alive?! It would allow to experience the widest range of possible combinations with this very diverse plant. And someone could always be able to ‚take a step back‘ in the breeding process or not continuing a line (which is very difficult in the current northamerican weedbreeds).. right?
Same maybe with a lot of biological cultivars. Biodiversity is a gift that keeps giving! Im All in for appreciation towards differences. Its so fascinating isnt it? ❤️

Green mountain grape x pck 2,
52 days 11/13, gonna fall the next days
Mostly piney, kushy,
zero sweetness/fruit/berry

42A0C7E7-DA89-4AA8-9287-D1278E0C251E.jpeg

Green mountain grape f2 purple,
57 days 11/13, apricot (like the artificial aroma in sweets) and a bit spice,
Chop soon
4B0666E8-2AF6-444E-8AAD-56BF6324677B.jpeg

@vermontman
For that IBL.. do you mean a purple line? If yes, i could start with backcrossing to the father f1 and search from there for purple ones. Or i could pop more f2 and look for purple. Is one way of the above better than the other?

Greetings 🖖

jroadytoady

@vermontman Glad you're enjoying the updates and I totally agree about the new 'strains' ... have only tried a handful from dispensaries but was not impressed. But as they say, different strokes for different folks. Mass consumption vs connoisseur market. Now with the triploids hitting the scene, it's gonna get even worse. I know I'm building up my collection of regular seeds ;)

I've never actually experienced the bubblegum strain so can't say for sure. Just when I touch these buds instantly think of Big League Chew Pink Bubblegum - it's intoxicating.

Really appreciate your ethos and dedication keeping the 'feel good' effect alive!

jroadytoady

@ilovegrowing Thanks! I'm running these in a 4x4 tent with an 600w HPS

I basically followed the Coots mix:
2.5 gallon sphagnum peat
2.5 gallon homemade EWC
2.5 gallon aeration
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup neem meal
1 cup oyster shell flour
.5 cup gypsum
3 cups rock dust
1 cup malted barely powder
plus a few handfuls of native soil from the yard and silt from the creek

EWC Recipe - static bins in 7 gallon fabric pots for 90 days:
5 gallons of finished thermal compost (mainly maple leaves, apples, and alfalfa)
2 gallons aeration
1/2 pound rock dust / basalt
1 cup ground malted barely
1 cup kelp meal
1/4 insect frass
1 cup crushed horsetail
2 cups bio-char
*Let it sit for a couple weeks before adding worms

For mulch, I use chopped maple leaves and each pot has a few dozen happy worms chowing down on it adding even more EWC. I didn't add them but there were cocoons and baby worms in the EWC.

I would usually water with aloe and coconut but the current mix seems plenty at the moment and don't see the need. I transplanted from 1 gal to 5 gal on day 1 of 12/12.

When I recycle, I just add 1 gallon EWC to 4 gallon used soil.

Hope that helps :)

PS. Love the crosses you've made

Last edited:

vermontman

Wow! Looking fantastic and promising! Mountainiously 😃

May i ask what kind of organic ingredients you have in use or in your soil mix? And how much horse power, …ehm watts are you using? ;) bubblegum sounds delicious 👍

Does that mean, it would be very good for the future cannabis world if many people all over the world try to keep lines/colours pure and alive?! It would allow to experience the widest range of possible combinations with this very diverse plant. And someone could always be able to ‚take a step back‘ in the breeding process or not continuing a line (which is very difficult in the current northamerican weedbreeds).. right?
Same maybe with a lot of biological cultivars. Biodiversity is a gift that keeps giving! Im All in for appreciation towards differences. Its so fascinating isnt it? ❤️

Green mountain grape x pck 2,
52 days 11/13, gonna fall the next days
Mostly piney, kushy,
zero sweetness/fruit/berry

View attachment 18973390

Green mountain grape f2 purple,
57 days 11/13, apricot (like the artificial aroma in sweets) and a bit spice,
Chop soon
View attachment 18973396

@vermontman
For that IBL.. do you mean a purple line? If yes, i could start with backcrossing to the father f1 and search from there for purple ones. Or i could pop more f2 and look for purple. Is one way of the above better than the other?

Greetings 🖖
It is all very interesting working with genetics of all kinds.
Yes I feel if people all over would begin to keep some of the original greats that would be a real benefit. As I write this I think of all the original strains from Mexico, South East Asia Africa, Columbia Jamaica and so forth. Heck! even the wonderful Hawaiian strains that were the first F! crosses of the landrace strains made available in the sixties and seventies. I know there are some keeping these lines true but most want their plants to come in faster and fatter so they add more Indica. But that does leave a niche for some others.
As for breeding with my strains instead of back crossing I would just go F2 F3 and so on selecting out your most favorable traits.
CHEERS!