What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Hello,

Little update, some pics…I’ve cutted the pink gmg x pck yesterday, because i thought i saw a male flower. In retrospect I am doubting that and i have maybe been overreacting 🙃 next time i have to investigate it in better light, before pinching it off. I didnt want to disturb a current little reproduction so i acted (maybeee a bit) to fast. :)

Have to grow her again and check it out. I think she is ten to fifteen days early, just started to fade, today is 37, which makes about 52 days 11/13. Also next time as a one stick plant, with more veg and a better trimming of the bushes in the lower body part. Smell is atm gassy, piney, earthy, berry. Greets to you all!

View attachment 18967185
View attachment 18967187
View attachment 18967188
View attachment 18967189
Hello @ilovegrowing!
Nice work even for early pick!
I must sat I can really see the PCK in her. Thank you for sharing!

vermontman

Running 24 out of 36 of my potential keeper MG (#9) this cycle. Wonderful berry lemon smell to it. Very energetic, and encourages deep thoughts.

The two rows on the left are my SSH, which had much more indica type leaves while in veg for 4 days, but now that are at day 18 of flower and starting to blend in with the MG.

Pruned off lower 5 leaf sets, and all side shoots over 1" in length today to train more towards single colas. This MG formed a more solid cola that was a little leafy, but it was way under the light due to the stretchy pheno (mg#11) during my initial testing. This will be the final pruning for the remainder of the cycle, so curious to see how it goes.
Hello @sgka!
That is one uniform looking healthy garden, I really want to see where this one goes!!

jroadytoady

Day 14 flower update...

These MG's are so much fun @vermontman and are taking whatever I throw at them. The tent is becoming a bit unruly but I am running 3 MG's and 3 Durban Poisons, lol - all in all, I think it's gonna fill out real nice in the next couple weeks :)

The MGs are the 2 in the back and the one on the left side - using LST and super cropping

Attachments

• 20240302_122108.jpg
    20240302_122108.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240302_122140.jpg
    20240302_122140.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240302_122127.jpg
    20240302_122127.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 45

jroadytoady

Hello @jroadytoady!
The stretch is on! But looking more than promising! If I may? Are you in the US? and at what latitude? If you prefer bot to say I understand. Thank you for sharing your progress!

@vermontman I'm over in NY at 43'N

@early_hominid thanks! - I got a perfect spot full of sun, gets a tiny bit of shade in the late evening. Really looking forward to a happy / laughing strain.

drosera420

Premium user
Mountain Gold wrap up ! It's been about 10.5 weeks in flower for these girls. Number 5 could have gone another week as she was still pushing fresh pistils but I wanted to get it all done at once. Bulk wise 5 had the best structure and the side shoots stretched about even with the mains when bent over. The filled in pretty stocky but only one branch needed extra support.

Number 4 was a little less bulk wise and was finished after the 10.5 wk. The calyx's on 4 were larger and plump.

All rough trimmed and hanging up. I left enough flower on the plants to reveg and tossed them back in the tent @ 24hr light.

Mountain Gold 4
MG4 10.5wk..jpg
MG4 10.5wk.jpg

Mountain Gold 5
MG5 10.5wk..jpg
MG5 10.5wk.jpg
MG5 spread.jpg

vermontman

Mountain Gold wrap up ! It's been about 10.5 weeks in flower for these girls. Number 5 could have gone another week as she was still pushing fresh pistils but I wanted to get it all done at once. Bulk wise 5 had the best structure and the side shoots stretched about even with the mains when bent over. The filled in pretty stocky but only one branch needed extra support.

Number 4 was a little less bulk wise and was finished after the 10.5 wk. The calyx's on 4 were larger and plump.

All rough trimmed and hanging up. I left enough flower on the plants to reveg and tossed them back in the tent @ 24hr light.

Mountain Gold 4
View attachment 18968044 View attachment 18968045

Mountain Gold 5
View attachment 18968046 View attachment 18968048 View attachment 18968049
That's a beautiful thing! Be keen to see which one you like best, I had been eying #5 but #4 has some solid looking calyx.

vermontman

ilovegrowing

Awesome! Do you like the way the F2s came out compared to originals?
Well, i wish i could try it in big numbers, but so far out of the 5 different f2s i had, 2 are spectacular in terms of vigor, structure and terps. Similar to the parents. I maybe like them even more then the mom, at least same level, but have to dig deeper for effects after curing. Thank you very much Vman, have a great day!

vermontman

Well, i wish i could try it in big numbers, but so far out of the 5 different f2s i had, 2 are spectacular in terms of vigor, structure and terps. Similar to the parents. I maybe like them even more then the mom, at least same level, but have to dig deeper for effects after curing. Thank you very much Vman, have a great day!
Interesting looking forward to you future assessment!
Thank you for sharing.

Zobi

Hello @vermontman,

BTW, hello to the whole community. It's my first post here on IC (even thought I've been a nerdy unregister reader for a few years).

@vermontman, first of all I would like to thank you for your wonderful work, your mouth-watering releases and the kind soul I guess you are when I read your posts (same apply to friend @dubi , and many others, can't list everybody lol) .
I'd like to ask you some practical questions about your creations. Aside from planning to get beans from your Mountain Gold and Zacateca Tribute to add to my "dream lines collection", I'd like to try your Purple Satellite or Green Mountain Grape outdoor, stealth "guerilla" style...

But here comes the 'issue' : I would do it 50-55°North in a climate that marijuana doesn't like so much. Like Holland, Ireland : short summer with moderate to fresh temperature, low light because of cloudy and latitude, and regularly rainy, can be very windy, occasionnal crazy strong rain, maybe early cold in the autumn as soon as end september, so as brutal day light decrease... But it's totally random, climate change making things worse...
Which would be the line you think that would give the best of itself despite of maybe all those "not so favorable" conditions?
I could not even take them to a shelter if the weather turns bad, it would be stealth outdoor...

The second question is : what is the smallest pot volume you would recommand so that the plant has all she needs for her good growth from seed to harvest with good quality organic soil, (I can feed with controlled EC if needed) but small pot enough so that the plant doesn't turn into a huge tree?
My main concern is to remain stealth. I don't need a huge crop, it's all for personnal use and I just want to stay anonymous... I'm not even a big consumer, I just enjoy good herb in moderate amount when it's the right time to enjoy it.

@dubi, if you see this my friend, do you think your Nepal Jam could also do better than just surviving this kind of weather conditions? lol . Hugs to you my friend

I assume the distributor who has your most fresh beans is ACE? ;)

Many thanks again, take good care of yourself everybody.

Zobi

Last edited:

vermontman

Hello @vermontman,

BTW, hello to the whole community. It's my first post here on IC (even thought I've been a nerdy unregister reader for a few years).

@vermontman, first of all I would like to thank you for your wonderful work, your mouth-watering releases and the kind soul I guess you are when I read your posts (same apply to friend @dubi , and many others, can't list everybody lol) .
I'd like to ask you some practical questions about your creations. Aside from planning to get beans from your Mountain Gold and Zacateca Tribute to add to my "dream lines collection", I'd like to try your Purple Satellite or Green Mountain Grape outdoor, stealth "guerilla" style...

But here comes the 'issue' : I would do it 50-55°North in a climate that marijuana doesn't like so much. Like Holland, Ireland : short summer with moderate to fresh temperature, low light because of cloudy and latitude, and regularly rainy, can be very windy, occasionnal crazy strong rain, maybe early cold in the autumn as soon as end september, so as brutal day light decrease... But it's totally random, climate change making things worse...
Which would be the line you think that would give the best of itself despite of maybe all those "not so favorable" conditions?
I could not even take them to a shelter if the weather turns bad, it would be stealth outdoor...

The second question is : what is the smallest pot volume you would recommand so that the plant has all she needs for her good growth from seed to harvest with good quality organic soil, (I can feed with controlled EC if needed) but small pot enough so that the plant doesn't turn into a huge tree?
My main concern is to remain stealth. I don't need a huge crop, it's all for personnal use and I just want to stay anonymous... I'm not even a big consumer, I just enjoy good herb in moderate amount when it's the right time to enjoy it.

@dubi, if you see this my friend, do you think your Nepal Jam could also do better than just surviving this kind of weather conditions? lol . Hugs to you my friend

I assume the distributor who has your most fresh beans is ACE? ;)

Many thanks again, take good care of yourself everybody.

Zobi
Welcome aboard @Zobi!
To keep things tight and for your conditions outdoors, I have had people post great results with Purple Satellite and Green Mountain Grape at your latitude and last summer was the wettest coolest cloudiest in many decades certainly in my lifetime. The Grape is a bit more dense and may come in about a week or two sooner than the Purple Satellite. Last year my Grape came in Sept 15th and it got drenched daily. With the Grape as soon as you start to see any mold it's time to pick! Same would be for Satellite. I would suggest if you can starting seeds indoors in quart size pots under good lights to get them off to a good start and helping keep the short, keep them in quarts until sexed. When you move the outdoors move into 1 Gallon. keep pinched. stop pinching by late June then bump them up to 2 gallon. One well into flowering at would be the time the stretch would stop bump up to 3 gallons until finished. You might be able to do Zacatecas Tribute out also? But figure finish by end of Sept,
Last years Zacatecas TRibute Sept 21 Harvest first pic.
And Green Mountain Grape Sept 15th harvest, and again drenching rains daily. It also helps to keep organic and if you supplement cut way back on feed when flowers begin forming.
Hope that helps!
Oh if you can get seeds through ACE where you live then that's the place to go for you!
CHEERS!

127_2496.JPG

127_2337.JPG
127_2344.JPG

Last edited:

Zobi

Welcome aboard @Zobi!
To keep things tight and for your conditions outdoors, I have had people post great results with Purple Satellite and Green Mountain Grape at your latitude and last summer was the wettest coolest cloudiest in many decades certainly in my lifetime. The Grape is a bit more dense and may come in about a week or two sooner than the Purple Satellite. Last year my Grape came in Sept 15th and it got drenched daily. With the Grape as soon as you start to see any mold it's time to pick! Same would be for Satellite. I would suggest if you can starting seeds indoors in quart size pots under good lights to get them off to a good start and helping keep the short, keep them in quarts until sexed. When you move the outdoors move into 1 Gallon. keep pinched. stop pinching by late June then bump them up to 2 gallon. One well into flowering at would be the time the stretch would stop bump up to 3 gallons until finished. You might be able to do Zacatecas Tribute out also? But figure finish by end of Sept,
Last years Zacatecas TRibute Sept 21 Harvest first pic.
And Green Mountain Grape Sept 15th harvest, and again drenching rains daily. It also helps to keep organic and if you supplement cut way back on feed when flowers begin forming.
Hope that helps!
Oh if you can get seeds through ACE where you live then that's the place to go for you!
CHEERS!

View attachment 18969831
View attachment 18969829 View attachment 18969830
Wow I didn't expected anything but your answer makes me the happiest hehe :) . Such an honor for me, thank you so much. With dreamy pictures, icing on the cake!

Zacateca, I would love it... But I don't think it would thrive with such low intensity light in my area, unfortunately. If someday I've the opportunity to do an indoor run, I'll do it for sure. After trying old Zamal and Lao bud, which were treasuring memories, I can't wait to try a pure mexican because after searching a lot for what "landraces" are responsibles in hybridized strains for those unmanageable laugh bursts that we all love when enjoying herb, I almost all the time noticed that Mexican was in the lineage. So is the lemony/orangey taste. Which you can also find in Lao/thai herb.

The zamal I tried was also crazy euphoric and I ended lying on the ground because laughing so much and couldn't stop, but the bud structure, scent and taste was different. Very herbal (like when you mow the lawn), a bit peppery, and also a discrete smell of copper too. BTW it was very similar in structure and smell to Kerala region ganja, in south India...

Sorry for the digress... I can't help doing that when it's about something I love.

Well I'll go for GMG because you described as a bit more "upbeat and sense of well being" than PS on ACE website, and because you say per experience that she's as adapted to "not welcoming climates" as PS, then the "warmer/kinder" effect is the only reason choosing it over PS because I'm sure both are amazing.

Thanks again for everything Sir!
I'll try to remind to post a report if I can run my project to its end :)

Take care, all best

Zobi