What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Hi @vermontman .... the lights are a mix .... mostly lit by Timber COB daisies that are individually height adjustable so i can keep a few at the top of the tent and few hung lower ....then 2 -315 cmh for the rest of the tent....there are also some cheapo led tubes hanging around as well
smell is cherry-ish
been on 12 / 12 since the start...so yes the nanners broke out from week 4-5...not too bad but next one i will be sure to follow the recommended lighting schedule
am i correct in understanding it is:
14 on, then 13 on, then 12 on, at 3 week intervals? ( mimicking high lattitude long days of summer)?

btw here is the Green Mountain Grape from fem seed at week 5.... did the claw very early in flower but healthy and chugging along....covered in gooey resins smelling grapey View attachment 18958790 View attachment 18958791 View attachment 18958792 View attachment 18958795 View attachment 18958796

also Mountain Gold getting prepped.... potted them up today...getting big....soon clones... looks like they might need a pinch back to control height View attachment 18958798
Hello @StrongTree!
Strumming along looking super there!
The Green Mountain Grape is also primarily an outdoor strain, the Fem version seems even more so. As is the Purple Satellite because of the Nepali sativa in the breeding and would be same subject for gradual decrease in light Satellite and Grape would be best. Though I have Pulled great nugs off Grape indoors even on 12/12 right off but have also seen nanners on some tips that were easy to manage and never got seed, but again with management. The Nepli sativa will almost always herm if light hours are to short, but never saw even a nanner outdoors or with a real gradual time change.
Cheers!

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
@vermontman if you can.. please check out the purple petioles on image 2 (MG3).. Is that a recessive trait in the 79skullf*ck? The pics of other MG I looked at dont have it but some do. My #1 an 2 seem to have predominantly green petioles.. So, I dont know lol.. Whatcha think?

Edit - - Please disregard.. Went back to your post in 2021 for the answer :)

Last edited:

sgka

Veteran
I too get the claw on about 30% of the females in early flower. Seems to straighten itself out after a few weeks

EnjoyingLife

@vermontman if you can.. please check out the purple petioles on image 2 (MG3).. Is that a recessive trait in the 79skullf*ck? The pics of other MG I looked at dont have it but some do. My #1 an 2 seem to have predominantly green petioles.. So, I dont know lol.. Whatcha think?

Can you please enlighten those of us that are to lazy to go find it ;)

HarleyJammer

Veteran
@vermontman (maybe missed it in this thread) curious if Mountain Gold will be restocked again and make it to N. America? Unfortunately I missed it, but it looks fantastic.

vermontman

Hey @HarleyJammer!
I think it is a recessive that may be triggered in the Oaxacan by the Hawaiian, but maybe leaning a bit more on the the Oaxacan like you suspect. I used my Oaxacan green line in the Mountain Gold. last year I crossed my Oaxacan Purple female with a Oaxacan Gold green male that both originated from the same 1978/79 Oaxacan line, and all the offspring are so far all green.

vermontman

Obviously no direct experience with Mountain Gold, but it looks like a really vigorous cross of strains. Hoping to find a good mother to leave in the garden yoy. @vermontman curious how much experimenting you've done with MG, using as a base for other blends?
Hey @Ratbastrd!
I haven't, you would have to experiment, but yes she is very vigorous and uniform coming from two very similar pure sativa IBL [In bred lines]
Hope that helps

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Hey @Ratbastrd!
I haven't, you would have to experiment, but yes she is very vigorous and uniform coming from two very similar pure sativa IBL [In bred lines]
Hope that helps
Using Float Tech the MG beans exuded the biggest strongest tap roots possibly I have ever seen. Buried in Fox Farm Ocean Forest these plants are healthy and kicking ass. Adding N is not necessary; FFOF is hot enough by itself.. with no nute burn.. maybe enough to get it to harvest.

So far, it looks like I have 2 phenos: 1 short internode and 2 longer internodes. They wont be sexed until theyre all chopped up into clones. If I have any boys I wont cull them; I'll collect some pollen for F2s and even though @vermontman discouraged me from pollinating my Thai A5 Hazes I've always been a rebel and will chuck some man dust on those girls :)

Latest posts

Latest posts