What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

ilovegrowing

I wish you the best of luck like so many things Red claw are illegal in many places because of their propensity to become invasive. That being said my whole life has been classified as illegal until just lately, and where i am staying now the biggest invasive species I can see is us humans, HAHA
True, true. We humans invaded nearly every spot in the world and gave a shit about the environment. We even punish those people, who know how to care about nature and a healthy wholesome togetherness. It all comes down to a very shortlived individualistic, competitive, greedy, selfish motive. The selfish shellfish. Mankind is crazy. Literally.😔

But i know there are people like you, me and a lot of others. And i wont stop doing it in a love and caring way. So there is a glimpse of hope somewhere for me, that mankind rediscovers these treasures ❤️ Love your attitude vman, and all the others who think alike

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
@vermontman

Thanks man,
I found an aquaponics website...seems the red claw
are in high demand.

I'd love to have a little pond for harvesting!
Reason they are illegal in a lot of places, my country highly illegal, is they move, they crawl and survive out of water...and they burrow. In my country most agriculture is reliant on clay earth dams for local water storage, and them getting to major watersheds would be a major F up with their diggings. In Africa there are no fresh water crayfish and minimal freshwater shrimps because of an ancient virus event that wiped them out, though red claws have broken out in one or two watersheds, out experimental aquaculture farms, and they are available on the 'black market' and even seen them in aquaria stores and for sale on facebook LOL...They are naturalized all over the world now already LOL...I'm sure the fish are stoked! Everything eats a cray...

In most places where red claws are illegal, the non burrowing dwarf crays tend to be legal, so it's most likely the burrowing and effect on agriculture. So if you are to farm them, use flowbins (IBCs) and containers that they cant escape from or burrow out of.

vermontman

True, true. We humans invaded nearly every spot in the world and gave a shit about the environment. We even punish those people, who know how to care about nature and a healthy wholesome togetherness. It all comes down to a very shortlived individualistic, competitive, greedy, selfish motive. The selfish shellfish. Mankind is crazy. Literally.😔

But i know there are people like you, me and a lot of others. And i wont stop doing it in a love and caring way. So there is a glimpse of hope somewhere for me, that mankind rediscovers these treasures ❤️ Love your attitude vman, and all the others who think alike
Hello @ilovegrowing!
Thank you for your kind words. Knowing there are respectful and kind people out there certainly helps get through the rest.
CHEERS!

vermontman

Reason they are illegal in a lot of places, my country highly illegal, is they move, they crawl and survive out of water...and they burrow. In my country most agriculture is reliant on clay earth dams for local water storage, and them getting to major watersheds would be a major F up with their diggings. In Africa there are no fresh water crayfish and minimal freshwater shrimps because of an ancient virus event that wiped them out, though red claws have broken out in one or two watersheds, out experimental aquaculture farms, and they are available on the 'black market' and even seen them in aquaria stores and for sale on facebook LOL...They are naturalized all over the world now already LOL...I'm sure the fish are stoked! Everything eats a cray...

In most places where red claws are illegal, the non burrowing dwarf crays tend to be legal, so it's most likely the burrowing and effect on agriculture. So if you are to farm them, use flowbins (IBCs) and containers that they cant escape from or burrow out of.
That's really interesting about Africa, never heard that as far as burrowing for the red claw. The Australian Cherax distructor is the most notable for digging up earthen dams. The red claw would be more like locust the eat aquatic plants like nothing I have ever seen. And the multiply FAST!

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Aloha vermontman and everybody

First off: thank you @vermontman for preserving and sharing these "old school" genetics 🙏🏼

I feel nowadays the seed market gets flooded with Cali hybrids and unstable poly hybrids from "pollen chuckers".

I have a pack of Zacatecas Tribute coming my way 🤩

I grow organic in pre amended soil. Am hoping I can get some infos on the nutrient requirements of the Zacatecas.
Have grow some cultivars from ACE seeds (Bangi Haze, Orient Express). A reference/ comparision to their requirements would be perfect.

Take care and namaste

ZomVee

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.31.48 PM.png

I wanna make my own homestead varietal
Thanks for the opportunity @vermontman !

vermontman

Aloha vermontman and everybody

First off: thank you @vermontman for preserving and sharing these "old school" genetics 🙏🏼

I feel nowadays the seed market gets flooded with Cali hybrids and unstable poly hybrids from "pollen chuckers".

I have a pack of Zacatecas Tribute coming my way 🤩

I grow organic in pre amended soil. Am hoping I can get some infos on the nutrient requirements of the Zacatecas.
Have grow some cultivars from ACE seeds (Bangi Haze, Orient Express). A reference/ comparision to their requirements would be perfect.

Take care and namaste
Hello @Hasch!
First thank you for your kind words.
The only strain I grew from ACE was their Panama Red, maybe someone else can chime in that has grown their Bangi Haze. I would guess slightly less flower time on The Zacatecas Tribute. One thing I can say is Z.T. not to fussy about nutes, is a fairly tame grower indoors as far as stretch and can stack quite nicely if grown with good light indoors. Outdoors she finishes at lat 42N by Sept 21.
Hope that helps.
CHEERS!

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran

Zembretti

Hey Vermontman I have a couple questions about the Baglung cannabis genetics in your strains, why did you choose to use that strain, and what effects or charactertics do you notice from the 100% pure Baglung when growing and when imbibing, either as smoke or an edible?

Thanks,

Zembretti

Last edited:

vermontman

Hey Vermontman I have a couple questions about the Baglung cannabis genetics in your strains, why did you choose to use that strain, and what effects or charactertics do you notice from the 100% pure Baglung when growing and when imbibing, either as smoke or an edible?

Thanks,

Zembretti
Hello @Zembretti!
Firstly the fact that Baglung Nepali is a pure sativa that grows, with stunning beauty and often with pink to fuschia pistils, carries berry flavors and comes in super early, though her yield is a bit meager, like many sativa. Her high is a medium high, certainly not high test, but with a respectable descent quality high, with a pleasurable upbeat vibe. On her own she is quite notable but in a subtle way , but by out of chance, combining Baglung Nepali with my Old school Oaxacan Gold something magic came out. You get the beauty of Nepali and the added upbeat potency from the Oaxacan Gold in what I see is the perfect marriage of two pure sativa strains that would finish outdoors at 42N by mid to third week Sept because they were so adapted over decades and over many generations, Without the compromise of potency but in a way that is gives a joyful energetic experience that gets you through your daily tasks with a smile.

Last edited:

Zembretti

Hello @Zembretti!
Firstly the fact that Baglung Nepali is a pure sativa that grows, with stunning beauty and often with pink to fuschia pistils, carries beery flavors and comes in super early, though her yield is a bit meager, like many sativa. Her high is a medium high, certainly not high test, but with a respectable descent quality high, with a pleasurable upbeat vibe. On her own she is quite notable but in a suptle way , but by out of chance, combining Baglung Nepali with my Old school Oaxacan Gold something magic came out. You get the beauty of Nepali and the added upbeat potency from the Oaxacan Gold in what I see is the perfect marriage of two pure sativa strains that would finish outdoors at 42N by mid to third week Sept because they were so adapted over decades and many generations, Without the compromise of potency but in a way that is gives a joyful energetic experience that gets you through your daily tasks with a smile.
Thank you so much for such a detailed description of Baglung, much appreciated!

dilettante

I had some Purple Satellite yesterday evening. I went out to smoke and at first didn't feel much. A couple minutes after finishing the joint the effect was there. Up and active. Stimulating thoughts and with a clear mind. I went on a long walk around the town. Then sat down at my desk to think about and plan for the comming gardening season. Body slightly relaxed and sensitised. Not tense and cold like what I got last time from Bangi Haze. I could fall asleep no problem two hours later still high. A bit of a headache upon waking up. One more datapoint: it gives me proper red eyes.

Last edited:

Perdido

I like to compare every strain with Purple Satellite in respect to performance and quality of the high.
Zacatecas Tribute, harvested in Vienna lat 48 on 15th october, finally got tot the test the last days, and she is in the race for the best outdoor sativas I have had.
Very friendly and clear headed high, very energetic and warm at athe same time. She also takes her time, I am high for almost two hours.
Not as hard hitting as Purple Satellite and a lot softer than Green Mountain Gold, but harder than the South African strains I know.
Her smells are incredible sweet and fresh, it reminds me of sucking dead-nettles flowers juice, has anybody done this as a kid? For now she's a "nicer" smoke than PS. Can't say more yet.

Last edited: