Green House Seed Co. Trainwreck, Cheese & Lemon Skunk

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shantyman said:
hey docleaf

lights on temp highest 27 lights off lowest 17 so dont think its that

hey man, like I's say pull the temps down. Honestly this will help.

We don't know about the origins of TW (fill us in if anyone knows the real story, please ),, but we find that many (not all) strains that come from the North Pacific Coast,, in places like Alaska,, are generatively inclined towards cooler climates. We also notice this with batches we've tested from N. Europe.

This phenomena is accentuated in lines prone to hermaphrodificy under heat stress, where Thai genetics are involved. Winter in-take temps always seemed to reduce or eradicate the problem completely. Which suggests that shown hermaphrodificy is related to climatic stress (phenotype), already present within the genotype.

Last edited:
D

Dalaihempy

DocLeaf said:
hey man, like I's say pull the temps down. Honestly this will help.

We don't know about the origins of TW (fill us in if anyone knows the real story, please ),, but we find that many (not all) strains that come from the North Pacific Coast,, in places like Alaska,, are generatively inclined towards cooler climates. We also notice this with batches we've tested from N. Europe.

This phenomena is accentuated in lines prone to hermaphrodificy under heat stress, where Thai genetics are involved. Winter in-take temps always seemed to reduce or eradicate the problem completely. Which suggests that shown hermaphrodificy is related to climatic stress (phenotype), already present within the genotype.

Doc
This phenomena is accentuated in lines prone to hermaphrodificy under heat stress, where Thai genetics are involved.

Doc thia strains grow and have Evolved in hot humid conditions not all Asian sativas hermie like i have sed before i my self have never seen a thia sativa line ever hermie once in flower and sexed the only time i ever saw hermies show up was at sexing once a fem was a fem it stayed as one.

TW does hermie a little but if left to over mature im told by people that had the real cut back in cw days but only late in flower and only a few nanas why people still grew her.

Cannabis plants are a lot more hardy than some seam to think female seeds are more prone to hermies than some people think.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
Doc thia strains grow and have Evolved in hot humid conditions not all Asian sativas hermie .

Since which they have been intensively selected against the pressure of colder climates for the past 20 -30 years on the Pacific North Coast.

Bubblegum is an example. (Afghan x Thai) both extensive crop strains. The Afghan was pasthun ,, so it takes the cold fine,, the Thai had to adapt to it over time. Kachina (Cheese x TW) is another example whereby Cheese (Skunk#1) is true-breeding, but the Trainwreck easily sets to s1 . Kachina seeds when temps are hot.

The Asian sativas that are prone to hermaphrodificy mainly descended from bagseed or low-grade imported flowers (from Howard's Thai sticks, and or the Vets. bringing bukku back from Vietnam.) The banana characteristic is something that many American breeders then and since have aimed to reduce in lineage ,, through selective breeding,,, although the phenomena still inherently persists.

We notice that this characteristic is accentuated in gardens where temperatures and humidity reach sub-tropical levels. The dramatic change in climate over seeds that have been generatively grown, and bred, in cooler climates, when containing herm. traits, then triggers (tricks) the recessive genetics into acting to their former ways. The flip-mode effect.

Old habits always die hardest... :wink:

Hope this helps

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P.S. The hermaphroditic trait comes from a combination of breeders ; using s1 bag-seed as base stock ; sourced from extensively grown in-bred sativa crops from S. E. Asia.

A stagnant gene-pool usually lays at the roots of incestrial behavior!

D

Dalaihempy

Doc no offence cannabis can tolerate both cold and hot weather fine what it cant take is frost or snow.

DocLeaf said:
The Asian sativas that are prone to hermaphrodificy mainly descended from bagseed or low-grade imported flowers (from Howard's Thai sticks, and or the Vets. bringing bukku back from Vietnam.) The banana characteristic is something that many American breeders then and since have aimed to reduce in lineage ,, through selective breeding,,, although the phenomena still inherently persists..

Doc how many thia plants have you infact grown or smoked real thia for that mater ?.

Do you know how much of the thia came in and infact looked low grade as you put it by todays standeds or had a few seeds in it ?, Lots and that look had nothing to do with its quolity the smoke its self told you how good it was.

I bet hawards imported thia would ratle your little mind to doc snidly remark by you to no suprise.

You post and say high temps couse thia to herm my friend you need to stop reading and grow more.

DocLeaf said:
We notice that this characteristic is accentuated in gardens where temperatures and humidity reach sub-tropical levels. The dramatic change in climate over seeds that have been generatively grown, and bred, in cooler climates, when containing herm. traits, then triggers (tricks) the recessive genetics into acting to their former ways. The flip-mode effect.

Old habits always die hardest... :wink:

Hope this helps

Doc you working for GHS now days ?,If so do what you guys do best sell seed you dont have a clue mate this proved it for me.

Doc
This phenomena is accentuated in lines prone to hermaphrodificy under heat stress, where Thai genetics are involved.

That doc says it all to me you dont have a clue do the community a social service and stop posting rubbish.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Troll. I n I was growing Thai, Kenyan, Malawi, Gambian, and Colombian, dope from imported bagseed before we ever heard of ANY of these seed companies and breeders!!! Since which we have grown 10,000's of seed ,,from 100's of varieties ,,, from 10's of breeders.

All we see that you bring to the online community and this debate, is your own ignorance and delusions,, based on something you read somewhere. Why not get out more and talk with some growers, breeders, seed co.s, and find out what's really happening on the scene man? Then add something positive.

:canabis:

Peace out
DocLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Hermaphroditism can appear in Cannabis Sativa due to several reasons, both genetic and environmental.
For instance, it is Robert Connell Clarke's opinion that many equatorial varieties hermaphrodite when cultivated in a temperate light cycle (18/6 - 12/12).

So in that perspective, the hermaphroditic trait is genetic, but induced by a - to the plant - unnatural light condition, ie light cycle stress.

There you have a perfectly logical explanation why certain hybrids with tropical genes in them - such as Trainwreck - hermie in growrooms.

Last edited:
D

Dalaihempy

DocLeaf said:
Troll. I n I was growing Thai, Kenyan, Malawi, Gambian, and Colombian, dope from imported bagseed before we ever heard of ANY of these seed companies and breeders!!! Since which we have grown 10,000's of seed ,,from 100's of varieties ,,, from 10's of breeders. :

well so was i and many more I'm sure that read this forums you my friend have an elitist atatude smart ass is also a ward that can be used a guy posted and sed he had hermies with a given GHS you look for every possible excuse who are you to GHS doc a fan or more ?.

I don't care if your crew who ever you lot are grew 20.000.000 plants of each 100 lines you don't know what your on about with a remark like this ---->Doc

DocLeaf said:
All we see that you bring to the online community and this debate, is your own ignorance and delusions,, based on something you read somewhere. Why not get out more and talk with some growers, breeders, seed co.s, and find out what's really happening on the scene man? Then add something positive.

:canabis:

Peace out

I bring Hands on experience thats a big thing and as for what's really happening on the scene i know more than you think i know but unlike you doc i don't need make out to this community or any other community im something more than any other grower on this board rember that wise guy not one single person on this or any site or from with in this canna community is more important than the next member you elitist wank.

I started on pure sativas and i have grown more sativas in my life than all the hybrids i have done i have grown them out doors and in and the only troll doc posting here is you if you want to see a thia in flower thats hermie free tell me i will take pics lol.

What is your salary at GHS by the way doc free fem seeds or a seat at the cup lol.

G

DocLeaf said:

lol, you're calling hempy a troll? Hes forgotten more about marijuana then you know man.

DocLeaf said:
All we see that you bring to the online community and this debate, is your own ignorance and delusions,, based on something you read somewhere.

It gets better, apparently you do not know who hempy is Docleaf. He outgrows 100% of you cats on these forums and has did so for years.

Coupled with the fact Ive seen you post completely inaccurate information at your leisure all over the forum and I think its clear who is the noob here and who is the veteran.

Apologize to hempy, thats a start.

shantyman

to be honest for small scale growers like myself [i only grow for personal use]
it isnt that much of a problem as every time i feed or water them i check for bananas
once bitten.....

D

Dalaihempy

shantyman said:
to be honest for small scale growers like myself [i only grow for personal use]
it isnt that much of a problem as every time i feed or water them i check for bananas
once bitten.....

Hiya shantyman all that matters mate is you are happy with the end resolt all that matters.

Most are like you personal or med uses.

What can couse hermieing is lite leek i dont think your grow would be so hot that it could be heat stress and its possible its the seed to but i dont like when i see people blame the grower with out the facts or presume its the growers folt fem seeds have a history of hermieing mate.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Troll and Troll. We think you might got your wires crossed with someone else... let's lay it down str8,, Franco. is a cool bloke,, Arjan is king of his pants,, not so sure about Jack.,,, Scott seemed like a humble bloke,, never met Ingemar yet.

DocLeaf works @ fritillary seed... no place else. As for seats at HTCC,, lol the LGA have to arrange our own cups because dicks like you have ruined those events! ICMag 420 cup is running this weekend if you wanna grow learn something pop on a jet... just don't take your stinking attitudes with ya! please

BTW i couldn't care less wtf yo are or wtf yo do. Elitiest?,,, please don't even go there!! I's quite sure that you guys grow nice erb that gets ya stoned in the daytime like the rest of us do. No big deal...

If you want to flame me,, just send me a pm. That's cool. At which point we shall draw a line beneath you guys/girls until you start adding something sensible and positive to the thread. We were talking Train Wreck and her derivatives.

Erb, Roots, n Culture
Peace out

D

Dalaihempy

Troll on doc troll on.

Doc

That alone tells me doc you have no clue.

DocLeaf works @ fritillary seed... so you speciality is hermie sorry ment fem seed right lol.

G

I have to agree with hempy, doc is talking out of his arse about temps and hermies.

Come on doc, stop fantasising about your seed company, your 'cannabis cups' in the UK and your tens of thousands of plants grown and do some reading about cannabis, you obviously need to learn!

To get back on track about GHS seeds. The Lemon skunk is an S1 of the old, proven Citral clone. Not seen any grow reports yet. The trainwreck, well we're not sue at all what the seeds are, thether they have just selfed the Arcata cut or what and selfing that cut will just mean a lot of hermies as the cut has an intersex trait. The comments aboiut it having the largest calyxes in the world is worrying as TW definitely does not have huge calyxes, it produces small, dark, round seeds. Some TW hybrids I have made have produced larger seeds, my TW x mexi cross produced seeds at least 50% bigger than my pure incrossed TW seeds. The GHS Cheese has several extant grow threads currently running at various forums, Herbalizor has a good example here at icmag, he is getting a lot of variation of phenos and no plant that really resembl'es the original Cheese cut, this seems to be what other growers are seeing - lots of variation.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another Troll. (are you propagating somewhere?)

Kachina (Cheese x Train Wreck) [HotHouseFlowers]

from clone under cool temps:

from clone under warm temps:

Latest posts

Latest posts