What's new

Green House Seed Co. Trainwreck, Cheese & Lemon Skunk

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Why is there all this hate focused on GreenHouse Seed Company.
There top quality genetics and im glad they have a lot of information to give to us I meen they even post videos and describe there product.
So stfu.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've grown and cloned seed from all these breeders! (from breeder packs sent to our crew by Scott and Ingemar and samples from Franco. WW from both the latter.) There's not much between them.

The purpose here isn't to discredit any of them over any other. The purpose is to find out the truth! Here we want to know if the Lemon Skunk currently marketed by GHSco comes from the stable of Ingemar and his line of Lemon.

This is nothing to do with Shantibaba. Although, feel free to drop us a link to the thread he quotes DocLeaf on and we will reproach him in person.

What you have to understand is that I n I nah give a fuck about all the carry-on palaver behind seedbank conspiracies, that's bullshit; And that we can be far ruder and mischievous than this if called upon. :wink:

Mind out before you find out who your speaking to!

Erb, Roots, n Culture,
Peace out
DocLeaf :joint:

D

Dalaihempy

DocLeaf said:
We've grown and cloned seed from all these breeders! (from breeder packs sent to our crew by Scott and Ingemar and samples from Franco. WW from both the latter.) There's not much between them.

The purpose here isn't to discredit any of them over any other. The purpose is to find out the truth! Here we want to know if the Lemon Skunk currently marketed by GHSco comes from the stable of Ingemar and his line of Lemon.

This is nothing to do with Shantibaba. Although, feel free to drop us a link to the thread he quotes DocLeaf on and we will reproach him in person.

What you have to understand is that I n I nah give a fuck about all the carry-on palaver behind seedbank conspiracies, that's bullshit; And that we can be far ruder and mischievous than this if called upon. :wink:

Mind out before you find out who your speaking to!

Erb, Roots, n Culture,
Peace out
DocLeaf :joint:

Trueth is and has been in front of every one for years its easy to work out Doc can arjan / Inigma ? or franco name the plants used im betting no but can shanti im betting yes.

Who won the cup with the widow Shantibaba did not Inigma or franco fact.

DocLeaf said:
The purpose is to find out the truth! Here we want to know if the Lemon Skunk currently marketed by GHSco comes from the stable of Ingemar and his line of Lemon. :

Try a little research something you seam to fall short on.

franco.gh said:
GREEN HOUSE LEMON SKUNK So, now that it is on the catalogue and many growers are busy with it, let’s have a closer look to another new strain from Green House catalogue: Lemon Skunk.
The Lemon Skunk is a new plant with a very old pedigree, going back to the early 1990s. Back then, when it was called Citral, it was a true hit for a long time. Citral has been one of the most successful Skunk-type strains in Holland, mainly because it includes all the winning characteristics of a real Skunk combined with a fresh, lemon-like flavour and a higher production per plant. The pedigree of the Lemon Skunk is a bit of a mystery; what is sure is its Skunk parentage, which guarantees stability and very reliable results. Arjan acquired the original clone a long time ago, and until now there has been no time to develop it into a feminized strain. But while working on the Cheese and Trainwreck, we decided the time had come to bring back an old famous Amsterdam strain as well. We looked for the best mother and made R1 feminized seeds.:

Funny how franco failed to say that the Lemon Skunk / also called called Citral in erly 90s won the Bio Cup in 94.

7th Cannabis Cup (1994) Winners
Category: Cannabis Cup

1/Jack Herer - Sensi Seeds
2/Citral Skunk - Greenhouse Tolstraat
3/AK-47 - Grey Area
Category: Coffeeshop Cup

Greenhouse Tolstraat
Lucky Mothers
Grey Area

Category: Bio Cup
1/Citral Skunk - Greenhouse Tolstraat
2/Orange Bud - Positronics
3/Northern Lights - Positronics

Stop talking shit Doc like you had any part in breeding the widow or know the facts.

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited:
D

Dalaihempy

Dalaihempy said:
Trueth is and has been in front of every one for years its easy to work out Doc can arjan / Inigma ? or franco name the plants used im betting no but can shanti im betting yes.

Who won the cup with the widow Shantibaba did not Inigma or franco fact.

Try a little research something you seam to fall short on.

Funny how franco failed to say that the Lemon Skunk / also called called Citral in erly 90s won the Bio Cup in 94.

7th Cannabis Cup (1994) Winners
Category: Cannabis Cup

1/Jack Herer - Sensi Seeds
2/Citral Skunk - Greenhouse Tolstraat
3/AK-47 - Grey Area
Category: Coffeeshop Cup

Greenhouse Tolstraat
Lucky Mothers
Grey Area

Category: Bio Cup
1/Citral Skunk - Greenhouse Tolstraat
2/Orange Bud - Positronics
3/Northern Lights - Positronics

Stop talking shit Doc like you had any part in breeding the widow or know the facts.

We smoke White Butterfly from Arjan before White Widow was on the menu in Amsterdam.

Yes when shanti was part owner of GHS and in house breeder who breed it an unrealesed white line but you know this right lol.

Troll on doc troll on.

G

Hempy is dead right, Lemon Skunk is the old Citral cut that was first distributed by Positronics in 1994. Posi used to sell oodles of clones direct from the shopk, so that Citral clone will be widely available in the Netherlands to this day. Wernard Bruining who owned Positronics says the Citral is his favourite smoke and he still grows the cut outdoors in his back garden. He's worked the Citral cut into a seedline called Double Fun. Seen some great reports of Double Fun, and the GHS Lemon Skunk could be pretty good as that Citral cut is probably pretty stable. I don't know if the Citral was/is a pure Pakistani line or a Pakistani/Skunk hybrid. Positronics later offered a Citral seedline that was a Citral x Skunk male cross, I think Mau made it when he was working at Posi, before he setup Nirvana Seeds. Nirvana sell a Citral seedline:

Genetics for this strain come from the Hindu Kush mountain region near the village district of Chitral. Citral produces a mellow herbal taste, very good yield and hard buds. For larger yeilds, grow relatively tall before changing the photo period. The aroma from the buds is fresh, almost like fabric softener. The buzz is an interesting cerebral experience despite its indica heritage.

Looking at pics of Wernard's outdoor Citrals, they look like Skunk/indica hybrids to me, the leaves look like there is definitely an Afghan/Pakistan indica heritage there, but I have no idea who created the Citral cut or where it came from, Wernard might know, but to be honest, it's probably a case that one or two people in Holland really know and everyone else can only speculate. Some more infro from franco about the number of phenos likely to be found in a pack and the differences would be nice, some pics of the different phenos would be nice too.

franco.gh said:
GREEN HOUSE LEMON SKUNK

So, now that it is on the catalogue and many growers are busy with it, let’s have a closer look to another new strain from Green House catalogue: Lemon Skunk.
The Lemon Skunk is a new plant with a very old pedigree, going back to the early 1990s. Back then, when it was called Citral, it was a true hit for a long time. Citral has been one of the most successful Skunk-type strains in Holland, mainly because it includes all the winning characteristics of a real Skunk combined with a fresh, lemon-like flavour and a higher production per plant. The pedigree of the Lemon Skunk is a bit of a mystery; what is sure is its Skunk parentage, which guarantees stability and very reliable results. Arjan acquired the original clone a long time ago, and until now there has been no time to develop it into a feminized strain. But while working on the Cheese and Trainwreck, we decided the time had come to bring back an old famous Amsterdam strain as well. We looked for the best mother and made R1 feminized seeds.
The Lemon Skunk is a very rewarding plant for the grower. It has a typical long bud shape and a very uniform growth pattern. Compared to the original Skunk it has a somewhat stretchy internodal distance and a heavier mass, due mostly to the higher calyx-to-leaf ratio and the larger trichomes.
The leaves are similar to the pure Skunk, with non-overlapping leaflets and a dark green colour. This is a plant that presents the grower with an array of options, very flexible to different logistics; it performs well in all types of medium, with a higher production in hydro systems and a richer terpens composition when grown in organic soil. The flexible versatile nature of this plant allows the grower to decide the plant shape solely based on the needs and requirements of the growroom. It performs very well producing huge main colas, but topping offers interesting split possibilities and can help reducing the total height of the finished plant. When left to its natural growth pattern, this strain tends to stretch the lower branches to form a very bushy shape, with long banana-like colas. The buds are extremely hairy, with thick, straight, pointy clusters of hair giving an all-white look during flowering. The flowering time on this strain is between 8 and 9 weeks, with a tendency to boost resin production in the last week. Even if it is commercially ready after just 7-8 weeks, the 9th week will add magic and charm.
Because of the rapid metabolism, the Lemon Skunk can take high EC levels (up to 2.4 EC in hydro systems, at peak of flowering) but it also requires good flushing to make sure the unique lemon-like flavour is not overpowered by fertilizer residues. Growing this plant is a real pleasure, because it behaves like a regular skunk but it delivers so much more!
The effect is very fast and long lasting, the kind I define as a “messy” high; it hits fast and strong, evolving in a very complex mind-to-body type of effect. It is both stoned and high, going in waves and coming up strong again after each puff of the joint.
The flavour is definitely lemon-lime, with a skunky background and a strong spicy aftertaste. It is a chewable type of taste, one that stays in your mouth long after the joint stopped burning.

soon some nice pics.....

Amen. Shantibaba bred White Widow from South Indian and Brazilian parents. He took the parents with him when he left GHS so all other White Widows other than the GHS offering up until Shanti left and the Mr Nice version (Black Widow) are quite simply, not the original White Widow as only Shanti has the parents needed to create the strain. This information is widely available, has been for years, Ingemar probably created a 'white' strain and sold it to GHS who then resold it. The original Shantibaba Widow is quite a tall plant with thin leaves and looks like what it is, a sativa dom hybrid. Most other 'widows' especially the Ingemar/Sjamaan ones look much more indica. If you grow Nirvana or Dutch Passion 'White Widow' you will get indica dom plant that are quite short and squat, not at all like Shanti's original. Shanti has said he has no idea what GHS sold after he left, where the genes came from or what they were composed of, all he know is they weren't made from his parents as he took them with him.

I've often thought the imposter Dutch Widows I've smoked in Holland were either as pheno of Powerplant or a Powerplant hybrid, maybe some coffeeshops substituted Powerplant buds for Widow because the Widow name sold better and they hadn't got any Widow! Certainly, pretty much every coffeeshop in Amsterdam sold a Widow and I don't remember smoking any that I thought was the same as the Shanti Widow I grew at home, more indica and bland.

BTW, Docleaf, are you coming to the icmag cup? Wanna see if you kiss upto Arjan and franco in real life like you do online, fanboy....

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
BTW, Docleaf, are you coming to the icmag cup? Wanna see if you kiss upto Arjan and franco in real life like you do online, fanboy....

Please do some reading, I's always neutral in these things.

DocLeaf said:
Hi Franco. :wave:

Please can you explain the correlation between Lemon Skunk and Chitral?

This dvd has confused us:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...art=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0&hl=en

- - -

Chitral = frontier town in NWFP Pakistan.

Citral = (aka lemonal) either of a pair of terpenoids with the molecular formula C10H16O

- - -

We used to smoke 'Chitral' sourced from Amsterdam at the turn of the century, at least once a month. Never did it taste of lemon , it was always spicy hash like in taste and fragrance.

Does GHSco Lemon descend from the same line of 'Lemon' that Ingemar produces up North? or is GHSco Lemon a completely different strain?

Many thanks for explaining

peace out
dLeaf :joint:

i.e. Chitral and Lemon are not the same thing.

shantyman

hello peeps
im 6 weeks in to flower of gh trainwreck and the plants look exactly the same as the pics of the arcata one on here
out of 6 planted 5 hermied after 3 weeks
but pulled the balls off and they have done fine
before i planted the 6 i had previously planted 15 and not 1 germed
i would show you the pics but dont think im allowed yet for being a noob

AinSophAur

I see a lot of people talking and very few growing. Keep the shit talking 'till after we get some quality feedback from the growers of these new seeds.

T

The_Skunkist

I was just having a look on all these greenhouse videos ....

F##ck this is ininteresting :

Bad quality videos : Are the plants the same in all these different videos ? Perhaps but we can't see... :nono:

Always the same arguments :

...great great great , beautifull beautifull , so sticky .... :violin:

Arjan seems to talk to idiots ....
:fsu:

So, business is business ... How much does cost a cannabis cup ? :muahaha:

Look at my new poly holy hybrid , I call it Buck Mania ( cheese x trainwreck x blueberry x white widow x nycd ) , the seeds are females and all the plants very stable . It is a great great plant so beautifull and so sticky ...
You can produce 4 kilos using a 400w bulb with a minimum of 39% THC .
300$ 3 seeds . :wave:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shantyman said:
hello peeps
im 6 weeks in to flower of gh trainwreck and the plants look exactly the same as the pics of the arcata one on here
out of 6 planted 5 hermied after 3 weeks

What temps are you running at? We found TW genetics were only prone to herming with heat-stress. Reduce the temps.

Please show us a photo and all the best.

G

hi, i know dna genetics have a new strain named lemon skunk, gh ls and dna ls are maybe related don't you think ?

DNA Genetics
Lemon Skunk
Lemon Skunk Cannabis Seeds

This strain is a cross between two Skunks, the chosen phenotype selected for its lemon characteristics. The Lemon mother has been kept for over 20 years in Las Vegas and the father was chosen here in Holland. The male was donated by Eddie, formally the owner of one of the oldest and most prestigious seed banks in the Netherlands. This original prize male was selected and used in many breeding projects throughout the years. The Lemon Skunk will grow tall and is a good yielder. She has great smelling buds. Her buds are light green with thick orange hairs. She has a high calyx to leaf ratio. This strain is the tastiest and sweetest if she is cut down between 50 and 56 days. We would like to thank the Lemon Man and Eddie for making this possible!

* Skunk
* 60% Sativa : 40% Indica
* Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks
* Yield: 400-500g/m2

C

cway

Guys,

All this fighting and bickering is nonense.. This is the kind of stuff that will keep Franco offline and not willing to answer any of our questions.... I too want to know all alot of this as I have purchased GHS seeds to find out the truth myself... I would like to know the processes used to make the Cheese, TW and Lemon Skunk and the parent lineage... As a GHS customer I think I have a right to know. Here is my TW.. Regardless of personal feelings all this trolling makes it hard to get real anwers.. Please keep all nonsense comments of this thread. Regardless of what people think GHS letting everyone use their spot for the cup speaks volume of character. If you dont like their seeds dont buy, dont like the thread dont look, but please everyone just chill out and smoke a fat one..

Im not on here as a GHS protector but we dont get anywhere with uncivil threads so If we want anwers lets try to behave..

Peace

shantyman

DocLeaf said:
What temps are you running at? We found TW genetics were only prone to herming with heat-stress. Reduce the temps.

Please show us a photo and all the best.
hey docleaf
dont know how to post pics on here yet only got allowed to post yesterday
lights on temp highest 27 lights off lowest 17 so dont think its that
and only the bottom of the plants hermied no balls in the canopy
every 3 days ive pulled them out and gone over every single branch
bit of a turd but has to be done
i grew 5 of the gh cheese before the tw and had 1 hermie in there also
missed that one and pollinated a whole room of cheese and blueberry
totally gutted but wont happen again
if you know how i can get pics on id love to show you as they really are lovely

E

ElectroSticky

AinSophAur said:
I see a lot of people talking and very few growing. Keep the shit talking 'till after we get some quality feedback from the growers of these new seeds.

Wise words !!!!

I can only make an educated guess about those strains , i have the beans and will post some Pics eventually ... :muahaha:

The thing is most people dont post..educated guesses :muahaha: or most people just dont have the pics to speak for them yet....

as a wise person sayd
a breeder should have no reason not to discuss his strains.....

But please ,
lets have an educated discution ok :muahaha:
:wave:

shantyman

6 weeks flower gh trainwrecks

6 weeks flower gh trainwrecks

i think that the pics are now in my gallery
il put some better ones up later as these are only 1.2 pixels
as thats all i know how to put on the other site i post on

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
please edit post and add photo (click on the image below and the photo text will appear in the post box). then submit changes.

all the best