What's new

Green Acres - Yosemite Foothills

jbarsk8

I love the hot weather for the plants.....Not so much when I am trying to sleep. Looking at my temps on the property, and outdoors it's 92, indoors 90! No bueno.

My bulldog hates this weather, pants all night long. I poor ice water on her every hour or so when it's hot like this, or let her wade in her doggy pool, aka, my daughters plastic pool.

Youre so right. It makes sleeping hell. Im about to get a kid pool for the dogs as well, thx for the reminder

jbarsk8

Note to self

15 gallons of unleaded gasoline in a cummins diesel engine doesnt work too well.....ughhhhh! What a day!!!

HillBilly1

Veteran
Youre so right. It makes sleeping hell. Im about to get a kid pool for the dogs as well, thx for the reminder
Open all the windows at 5-6 am then at 10:30 shut them and close
The curtains.. We don't run an AC it gets hot here but the house
Stays under 75 in the summer It's hot but I freeze 2-3 bottles of water
And sleep with them lol.

FoothillFarming

Worked with an electrician that would do it about every 6 months. Personal truck was unleaded, work truck was diesel. Cost about 600$ each time. Had a mobile mechanic that would drive out and fix it on the spot.

If you need an extra hand on a project, I am in the area. Been super busy, but I can squeeze in some time if you need a hand.

jbarsk8

Open all the windows at 5-6 am then at 10:30 shut them and close
The curtains.. We don't run an AC it gets hot here but the house
Stays under 75 in the summer It's hot but I freeze 2-3 bottles of water
And sleep with them lol.

Thank you for stopping in hillbilly. I try to do that similar type of balance minus the water bottles. Thank you sir for the tips and advice

jbarsk8

Worked with an electrician that would do it about every 6 months. Personal truck was unleaded, work truck was diesel. Cost about 600$ each time. Had a mobile mechanic that would drive out and fix it on the spot.

If you need an extra hand on a project, I am in the area. Been super busy, but I can squeeze in some time if you need a hand.

Thank you for the offer FF, i really appreciate it very much. Delayed my day for about 4 hours but got her up and running real nice again. Siphoned out majority of tank. Added some ATF to fuel to increase lubricity. Pulled fuel filter and drained gas, filled with fresh diesel, engaged lift pump to get it cycling and after some cranking she fired right up like nothing happened. I drove the beast about 5 miles wondering why the hell my truck had no power and was running like a turd and about defecated myself when i realized i put gas into the damn thing. She is good now tho. We definitely need to link up regardless.

Last edited:

FoothillFarming

Plants look great.

I really like those 6x6 beds. Makes me wish I had done those, instead of 5' x 16' beds.

I don't know why I also have a mental block on those concrete re-mesh cages. I even have several hundred liner feet just sitting around from past construction projects. However, I continue to use just hortinova netting. Then swear up and down every time harvest comes.

jbarsk8

Plants look great.

I really like those 6x6 beds. Makes me wish I had done those, instead of 5' x 16' beds.

I don't know why I also have a mental block on those concrete re-mesh cages. I even have several hundred liner feet just sitting around from past construction projects. However, I continue to use just hortinova netting. Then swear up and down every time harvest comes.

Thank you FF, i appreciate that. I know what you mean about the mental blocks because it happens to me as well. Ill have a second layer using hortinova

Mendogrowing

I got after it right after I posted that, feeling much better having that chore knocked out before a stiff breeze wrecks shop.

Latest posts

Latest posts