Genesis - Selling England By The Pound
Santana - Welcome
Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo
The Beatles - Revolver
Tool - Aenima
Rolling Stones - Goat Heads Soup

I have too many, I could go on forever

G

Has anyone mentioned 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars'~David Bowie. I think it came out about 72/73 & is still 1 of the all-time Greats, imo. I'm sure there's lotsa peeps who don't care for it, but the way it was put together & the songs that kinda run together, is an excellent piece-of-work.

Speaking of pieces-of-work.... :chin:.....how the hell are ya, Dociron & Doc Smitty? :wave: :woohoo:

G

Rellik said it right. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality. A truly prophetic album about what Could/Is happen(ing) on Earth and in the head of madmen.

Last edited:
G

Can't pick just one, but these have had the most influence on me. In no particular order...

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick, Songs from the Wood

Genesis - Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot

Yes - Close to the Edge, Tales from Topographic Oceans

:hotbounce :hotbounce :hotbounce

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Then how come the first record in all your guys collections is this one?

abba.jpe

G

Verite said:
Then how come the first record in all your guys collections is this one?

Oh man, there was nothing like trippin nutz on microdot & groovin' to "Dancing Queen...young & clean...only seventeen".
The visuals you'd get with that song were heavy-duty... :pointlaug :wave:

G

what about
savoy brown..hellbound train
humble pie...smokin
uriah heep...demons and wizards
foghat
bad company..bad company

G

The Frog Pond said:
what about
savoy brown..hellbound train
humble pie...smokin
uriah heep...demons and wizards
foghat
bad company..bad company

Nice mix of good bands

I saw all of above live / Uriah Heep's D & Wiz. tour was my first concert ever / blue micro-dot :yoinks: I was never the same :bat:

SB - Street Corner Talking - was the first LP my parents ever hated :woohoo: :pointlaug gosh that was a LONG time ago

UH - Look at Your Self - rocked

G

Savoy Brown's Street Corner Talkin' is 1 of the best albums. I used to play that album until I think I wore grooves right thru it.
Plus the cover-design by R Crumb, who also did my avatar between Big Brother & the Holding Company's album & Street Corner Talkin', is 1 of R's many masterpieces.

handbook2163038lo.gif

omega7

I cant believe no one said IRON MAIDEN. Im not a metal head or anything, but maiden are incredible. Piece of mind,powerslave,number of the beast seventh son of a seventh son. All the older albums are great.

G

Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules---Ted Nugent/ Intensities in 10 Cities.And here you go Omega :joint: Iron Maiden/Piece of Mind,that brings back memories from when i seen them in Concert with Judas Priest and Cinderella///Pink Floyd/The Wall and BOC greatest Hits,oh yeh,and The Emmitt Otter Band/Brown Juggs,lol/jkn. :pointlaug .Man there is sooo many great Albums from back in the day that would take me a whole page,:sasmokin: i like all kinds pretty much(not big on Country or most Rap though, but stil listen) .Frank Zappa/Joes Garage lol, Boston greatest hits, Van Halen 2,Rush(the self titled Album Rush) and Billy Joel's Greatest Hits was also a Fave of mine way back when,lol.Peace DWW

Last edited:

I Used To Grow

Smashing Pumpkins-Meloncolie and the Infinite Sadness

That was my favorite album back in like 1996. Bullet With Butterfly Wings, 1979, Thirty Three , Scorched Earth..so many good songs on that double album. Still in my top 5 favroite albums of all time.

Last edited:
pink floyd dark side of the moon
any alice in chains album
same goes for stone temple pilots and soundgarden
nirvana nevermind- loved the unplugged same goes for above--david bowies remake of the man who sold the world..yeh good shit.
311 and sublime too booyah

Latest posts

Latest posts