What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grape ape clone only

mexweed

Veteran
People also f1 and maybe bx to a selected cut and try to say a pheno is the pure original of something, that any mostly recessive differences are just from the garden/nutes etc, to cash in on a name because cuts are a lot easier and more of a shortcut than working a stable seed line

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Grape ape is a BEAST! She’s a slow vegger but man does she throw out side branches like a champ. She’s a hedge!
IMG_1765.jpeg

DesertDog

Howdy! I just signed up after finding this thread in my searches. I’ve also been wondering if this cut is still around. I had the clone from Dark Heart 7 or 8 years ago but I’ve since lost all my genetics between moving and HLV. Looks like I found ya’ll just in time! Excited to see your grow!

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Howdy! I just signed up after finding this thread in my searches. I’ve also been wondering if this cut is still around. I had the clone from Dark Heart 7 or 8 years ago but I’ve since lost all my genetics between moving and HLV. Looks like I found ya’ll just in time! Excited to see your grow!
That’s funny you mention it, the guy I got it from picked it up from dark heart in 2020 before they got the Kyle kushman grape ape in. Smells super skunky on the stem rub so far, grows kinda slow at first, but super bushy and nice! It’s supposed to taste and smell like grape soda

DesertDog

That’s funny you mention it, the guy I got it from picked it up from dark heart in 2020 before they got the Kyle kushman grape ape in. Smells super skunky on the stem rub so far, grows kinda slow at first, but super bushy and nice! It’s supposed to taste and smell like grape soda

Nice! I grew most of the purples from DH (not Kushman’s though) and the grape ape was probably my favorite. Ken’s GDP was close though. Might have been more grapey if I remember but the ape was a better overall plant with a more complex terp profile. Grape soda sounds about right

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I've ran urkl and gdp, I never did get around to running the grape ape. Those purples are nice, urkles on my wishlist. I would probably still have that clone, if I wasn't busted. I lost it but got it back and redistributed it to several people but still haven't seen it since. I'm keeping my eyes open for them, if anyone finds a place with them feel free to pm me the info, i'd appreciate it.

The closest thing I found to the urkle in seed form was the csi humboldt old family purple, I found a nice pheno that was pretty close but required a reasonably long cure to allow the citrus notes present to cure out before the candy berry grape flavor really shined through on the backnote.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

I've ran urkl and gdp, I never did get around to running the grape ape. Those purples are nice, urkles on my wishlist. I would probably still have that clone, if I wasn't busted. I lost it but got it back and redistributed it to several people but still haven't seen it since. I'm keeping my eyes open for them, if anyone finds a place with them feel free to pm me the info, i'd appreciate it.

The closest thing I found to the urkle in seed form was the csi humboldt old family purple, I found a nice pheno that was pretty close but required a reasonably long cure to allow the citrus notes present to cure out before the candy berry grape flavor really shined through on the backnote.
I’ve grown urkle and this thing smells exactly like it so far, that sickening sweet skunk 1 and purp smell is permeating the air more than anything right now. There’s a couple people I could find the urkle from for ya bro

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

As far as GDP goes, I’m taking clones of her today actually…

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I’ve grown urkle and this thing smells exactly like it so far, that sickening sweet skunk 1 and purp smell is permeating the air more than anything right now. There’s a couple people I could find the urkle from for ya bro
Well i'd be forever grateful if you could make that happen. I'd be happy to offer up anything I have available, or whatever you need to make worthwhile for you. It's been a decade or so since I last had a run with her, now I'm fully legal recreational. So If I do manage to get her back, shouldn't have any problem keeping her around.

Until next time be safe and take care!

My current list if anything interesting stands out.

Sourdub
Tropic Truffle
Tangerine cookies
Motorbreath
Cyborg
Katsu <-- not the original but, bubba family
Peach crescendo

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I miss p. Urkle as well only had seeds but racy and dreamy/stoney at the same time hahaha nothing else like that and all popcorn sized flowers.... good for humidity
It's time for it to make a comeback, I've still to this day got people asking me about it. I know atleast 9 people who swear they've seen nothing comparable since. I've heard stories about the odor being burnt into fabric for weeks. Those purps can be pungent when they're proper.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

It's time for it to make a comeback, I've still to this day got people asking me about it. I know atleast 9 people who swear they've seen nothing comparable since. I've heard stories about the odor being burnt into fabric for weeks. Those purps can be pungent when they're proper.
I’ll see what I can do. It will take me a while but I think I can make something happen for you bro