What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grape ape clone only

Crazy Chester

Cured Grape Ape bud from a grow I did:
Grape Ape cured bud.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So - you're not buying the story that there's a northern California clone that pre-dates the KK cut? I suppose apparent differences in pics could be due to different plant morphology in different gardens rather than it being a different cut. I haven't found much info on the creation of Grape Ape out there.

No, People rename cuts all the time to make $. All the info I have is on KK GA clone from Darkheart. If anyone is growing GA from them its from KK.

Crazy Chester

I think I took mine a bit early (due to an upcoming rain storm) - she gets darker the more she matures. Trichomes were mostly cloudy - but very few had turned amber when I harvested. The pic itself is not exactly accurate either - my camera tends to wash color out, making the pic a bit lighter and greyer than what I'm taking a photo of.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

No, People rename cuts all the time to make $. All the info I have is on KK GA clone from Darkheart. If anyone is growing GA from them its from KK.
Where does it say KK bred grape ape? I have read the old forums and everyone says Bret Bogue created grape ape. This was all posted like '09

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

If that's definitely the same cut that produced hammerhead's pic, then it must look different (lighter/greener), due to like you said, different growing conditions. I can remember what it looked like way better than I remember the taste 😉.
If that's definitely the same cut that produced hammerhead's pic, then it must look different (lighter/greener), due to like you said, different growing conditions. I can remember what it looked like way better than I remember the taste 😉.
keep in mind, there were tons of different pheno's because apothecary genetics released grape ape seeds back in the day. That whole KK cut was just kyle's selection from seed. So not every grape ape cut is the exact same pheno. Ive seen dark purple and all green grape ape, as long as that grape taste is rocking, and those heavy indica effects are there, im happy

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where does it say KK bred grape ape? I have read the old forums and everyone says Bret Bogue created grape ape. This was all posted like '09
I can't be 100% sure about who breeds what anymore. It's been changed so many times. If Bret Bogue says he made GA use that info. I'm not gonna dispute the claims made. As I said GA isn't that good, its not for me.

I really can't add any more info. All I can say is the GA clone from Darkheart was from KK. The pics I posted are from that clone. Same for Strawberry Cough but its def better.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

I can't be 100% sure about who breeds what anymore. It's been changed so many times. If Bret Bogue says he made GA use that info. I'm not gonna dispute the claims made. As I said GA isn't that good, its not for me.

I really can't add any more info. All I can say is the GA clone from Darkheart was from KK. The pics I posted are from that clone. Same for Strawberry Cough but its def better.
Well, it's a grape ape thread lol. We like Grape ape round here 😉

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I think I took mine a bit early (due to an upcoming rain storm) - she gets darker the more she matures. Trichomes were mostly cloudy - but very few had turned amber when I harvested. The pic itself is not exactly accurate either - my camera tends to wash color out, making the pic a bit lighter and greyer than what I'm taking a photo of.
Based on this response you grew this outdoor, correct? What kind of climate and how long does it take to flower? How was the taste and the stone like. I am definitely in search for a couple more heavy strains and this could be one. I am curious because I am an outdoor grower in Ma and can get a solid 8-9 weeks of flowering usually. Wondering if I should try to find a cut for the spring but no way am I spending $150. Would be more than happy to trade clones or spend like $50 especially considering I grow for personal stash. Thanks for your responses 😁.

Crazy Chester

Based on this response you grew this outdoor, correct? What kind of climate and how long does it take to flower? How was the taste and the stone like. I am definitely in search for a couple more heavy strains and this could be one. I am curious because I am an outdoor grower in Ma and can get a solid 8-9 weeks of flowering usually. Wondering if I should try to find a cut for the spring but no way am I spending $150. Would be more than happy to trade clones or spend like $50 especially considering I grow for personal stash. Thanks for your responses 😁.
Yes - it was outdoor and I didn't keep track of the days - but, I think this one would be done by week 9.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

I'm open to trades but i only want elites