What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gota do it 4 plants 5000 watts

Maina

Veteran
900cfm will change the air twice a minute in a 8x8x7 tent...

when im specking up a grow i always get the amount of watts and half it so 5000w would be a minimum of 2500cfm out and a little less for the intake side to create a vacuum...

i dont use aircon but i cant see a 750 and 2 x 450 cooling 5000w running all the time...

nice pic's of your equipment i like equipment i collect it lol...:D
Im going to cry you dont think the air movers and 28,000 btu A/C will keep it cool

L

laylow

i dont know buddy as i stated i dont run AC... all i know is i have always used 2 air changes a minute as a rule regardless of anything else... you only got to times your room squared 8x8x7 x 2 = 896... fire it up and see... i had some bad experience running a 8inch fan outlet and the room was so cold the thermostat on the fan never spun the fan up so for the whole of the grow the air was hardly ever exchanged and i yielded fuck all... this was the only thing different from other grows and i got 16oz instead of 64+

ever since then i have used the twice per minute as a minimum and have never looked back... i think my current room on full chat moves it 4 times a minute... lol :D

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MORE AIRFLOW!!!........it's the cheapest insurance for success!

Just my two cents.......BUT I learned it the hardway just like Laylow with some nasty PM.

Good luck.."this looks to be one fookin mind blowing gro....bro!

Maina

Veteran
i dont know buddy as i stated i dont run AC... all i know is i have always used 2 air changes a minute as a rule regardless of anything else... you only got to times your room squared 8x8x7 x 2 = 896... fire it up and see... i had some bad experience running a 8inch fan outlet and the room was so cold the thermostat on the fan never spun the fan up so for the whole of the grow the air was hardly ever exchanged and i yielded fuck all... this was the only thing different from other grows and i got 16oz instead of 64+

ever since then i have used the twice per minute as a minimum and have never looked back... i think my current room on full chat moves it 4 times a minute... lol :D
Gotyaa so a 8x8x7 room needs 896 CFM I got that that will go in the tent :jump: Ok I will block of the 12x12x8 = 2304 cfm is what I need , If thats what your saying thats what I have to do then.:tiphat: on it!

mrdizzle

I 12x12 is perfect for 4 trees with 5k, and since you already have a 2.5ton AC you might as well seal that up, and forget changing the air 2times per minute which is kinda tough, you would need 2 12in vortex to do that, and you would have a rough time closing your door,

I ran a 12in vortex with a 5k vertical for years, but if your in a hot muggy east coast summer you will be happier with a sealed room

DevilWeed

Joining in on what should be an epic grow! The 5 light 4 plant setup should give you MONSTERS!

On the air handling...I have been working with a slightly larger room as of late (~1 year). mrdizzles point on climate is critical. What's your weather like? If it's dry most of the time and summer temps aren't too crazy massive air circ is great. I'm in the north east so humidity is a major concern. Two 14K window shakers and a 70 pint dehumi would keep my room cool and dry. As soon as I started amping up the air exchange it wasn't working so well. With night time humidity hitting the 80's and 90's around here all I ended up doing it sucking all my "conditioned" air back out and replacing it with super wet air. In my case, sealed is much easier to control. During the winter - total opposite... ;)

L

laylow

Gotyaa so a 8x8x7 room needs 896 CFM I got that that will go in the tent :jump: Ok I will block of the 12x12x8 = 2304 cfm is what I need , If thats what your saying thats what I have to do then.:tiphat: on it!

you got it dude... i would here what these 2 have to say above tho as that may be an easier/better option for you... i have never run a sealed room i like lots of air flow personally but thats not to say they dont work fantastically when they are setup right :D

S

stonescafe

looking bang on m8 you got some monsters there one question for ya whos sssdh are ya runnin? Rez`s or ojd/conniseurs?

Maina

Veteran
Joining in on what should be an epic grow! The 5 light 4 plant setup should give you MONSTERS!

On the air handling...I have been working with a slightly larger room as of late (~1 year). mrdizzles point on climate is critical. What's your weather like? If it's dry most of the time and summer temps aren't too crazy massive air circ is great. I'm in the north east so humidity is a major concern. Two 14K window shakers and a 70 pint dehumi would keep my room cool and dry. As soon as I started amping up the air exchange it wasn't working so well. With night time humidity hitting the 80's and 90's around here all I ended up doing it sucking all my "conditioned" air back out and replacing it with super wet air. In my case, sealed is much easier to control. During the winter - total opposite... ;)
Yea thats the thing its not to hot in northern maine very cold from oct till april And I dont want to suck the ac out but I can always dial them back .In the could season I wont nead ac and I can runer wide open

Maina

Veteran
REZ
025-5.jpg

020-5.jpg

021-4.jpg

023-3.jpg

I cut them back to three footers pulled them out side snaped picks

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Laylow is right, SSSDH will stretch like stretch Armstrong, remember him? :) She is a haze after all. Your girls are looking great, how much longer are you keeping them in veg for? It would be a good idea to do some major topping just before flower to help quell the stretch.

To workout your extraction, multiply, Length X Width X Height X 2.

I have 3 SSSDH that have been in veg for over 8 weeks in the tent but they have only been under a 250w CFL and given minimal nutes, I'm using them as mothers. I just got my camera back so I'll get a pic or 2 up later.

HGO

Maina

Veteran
I 12x12 is perfect for 4 trees with 5k, and since you already have a 2.5ton AC you might as well seal that up, and forget changing the air 2times per minute which is kinda tough, you would need 2 12in vortex to do that, and you would have a rough time closing your door,

I ran a 12in vortex with a 5k vertical for years, but if your in a hot muggy east coast summer you will be happier with a sealed room
One thing its a wall banger not a mini split

DevilWeed

Maina...some food for thought. CO2. Some say it's not a big deal. Some say otherwise. Personal experience with big trees says it can be HUGE. Through the winter, I heat with unvented propane in my grow building. My average yield per plant (large plant single side lighting by 2 1k lamps) during the winter months is 18oz and my CO2 readings are always around 2000. Once I stop heating, my yield drops to about 12oz. Big big difference. I've got everything else perfectly dialed...which is when CO2 makes the biggest diff. About to add a Hydro Innovations CO2 burner....yipee!

You may not be ready now, but keep it in mind. ;)

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Forgive my butting in, but I might be able to lend some perspective on the ac/fans.

I would personally reccomend the fans be used for something other than air exchange; perhaps for cooling lights. A sealed room is the way to go imho. However, if you were to incorporate the fans with the ac, the best thing to do is cool air in a small "lung room" which would serve as the intake for the actual grow. Like another member pointed out, exhausting a room while an air conditioner cools it is like throwing money out the window, your cool air is immediately evacuated and replaced with warm humid air. In my proposed scenario you are still throwing money out the window, but your growroom is breathing cool dry air from intake to exhaust.

250wscrogger

It's best to air condition/dehumidify/c02 enrich a lung room (large room which the rooms are built inside of)and exhaust scrubbed air from the growrooms into the lung 24/7(the total air volume of the rooms should be exchanged 2x per minute)...negative pressure in the growrooms will pull in the treated air from the lung.

Maina

Veteran
well I kinda see where the lung room is the way to go.This may change things a bit.I will keep the 12x24x8 room for flowering.The 12x12x8 will be for the 4 trees ,and the other half collosseum.ok in the lung room I will have the 28,000 BTU wallbanger and the dehumidifier .Now lets talk air flow do I pull the heat of the top of the flower room into the lung room then pull the cold air of the floor of the lung room and send it into the flower room floor? Now from what was just said this runs 24/7 never slowing down even when the lights are of?Can I run 2 blowers ? should they be on the same line? Help my head is spinning:tiphat:.Now my veg area shrunk its the lung room.It would be my old flower area its like 6x7x8 and a small spot 3x7x8 hope it works .chime in

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Its difficult to coordinate ac and good old fashioned airflow, bro. You can do it but it may be more trouble then its worth.

Maina

Veteran
Well things are comeing ,But not as fast as I would like.I got the 28,000 btu a/c in the lung room.I got the chicken wire up.All the windows are borded up.My electric is almost dun.Panda film will go up this week end and ducting in the blowers 1250 and a 750 cfm.To help me out im picking up a Plug and grow that will help with heat and other things.Plants looking good I will have picks of the room and plants at the end of the week.The lung room seems like the way to go thanks all:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts