What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks :). Most do well except for the plants that have some kind of Deficiency that I can't figure out like My cut of sdubb. I can get her about 95% fixed but never back to 100%. Not sure WTF happened to it. She still puts out great smoke.. Will have a new cut that doesn't have this weird issue soon.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
That's where I keep my PH for soil.. Make sure your meter has good battery's and its calibrated weekly.

Darlins Net #2 going into flower.
View Image

I do. I just had to replace my six month old bluelab ph probe cause I dropped it and shattered the glass inside. It's when I got the new one in the mail that I checked the ph of my solution and found it was 6.5. Checked it out that night and the following morning and discovered the sharp rise it would take just sitting overnight.

Bet he is in coco

Correct sir!:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it was just a general comment for all to check those. Many don't cal often enough. Some wait for the meter to stop working before they change the battery. I'm pretty sure you know this stuff homie ;)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 62 glue. May let one finally go to 10 weeks just cause...

View Image

View Image

View Image

She spent a couple weeks getting fed at 6.4-6.5 which is the cause for the crispy leaf you can see in that last shot. I was making up my nutes the night before I would need them and after I would ph them I would bubble all night and didn't check the morning ph not thinking it would go from 5.8 to 6.4 overnight. Lesson learned!

exactly why i don't have a circulation pump in my rez's !!!

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
you mean your supposed to use a ph meter??? lol been a while since I've used mine. my mix always lands at 5.7-6.1 and will rise up to about 6.3....I don't even sweat it, a lot of the times the phosphorus in ph down will accumulate in a rez enough to change your nute profile, I personally feel that fluctuating between a ph "range" is more beneficial that being at 5.8 at all times.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
exactly why i don't have a circulation pump in my rez's !!!

Bubbles raise ph
Circulation doesn't. Generally from my experience
I bubble my res but my nutes hold within a point or two over three days. H&g Aqua flakes. Meant for recirculating systems. Used in coco.
:peacock:

gh0st9

Veteran
I'm right with whadeezlrg, been maybe a year or two since I even looked at my pH meter. Once I found out that by mixing to ec/ppm and finding the optimal levels I found the sweet spot in swing. 5.7-6.2 every time. Much better in my setup than a steady ph'd feed

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#3 ya mean :biggrin:

I can't wait to see them fat dense nugs on her :dance013:
your the only one i've sent her to thats taken pics of her .

LOL NO #2..It's the 2nd plant going into flower. Thats what it means:biggrin:

I took half a dozen fan leaves off when she went in. Plants like DN block the light very well.

Mine doesn't swing on its own. Its mixed differently all the time. 6.3-6.8 is the range I use.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
just took 5 cuts off my GG#4 (I managed to get a 'looks good' from JW ;) )
I'll flower 4 out and keep one for a new mum.I got shot of the mites with my 3 pronged attack and without using harsh pesticides or systemics,but I want to get a new mum alive on a new rootball as quick as possible as I think it's better than keeping the plant/rootball which has previously had mites and other marauders about.I don't know if it's actually logical but it seems to be.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Same ole same ole in these parts....really starting to chunk up now...got a couple fist sized tops already...bout 10 more days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL NO #2..It's the 2nd plant going into flower. Thats what it means:biggrin:

I took half a dozen fan leaves off when she went in. Plants like DN block the light very well.

Mine doesn't swing on its own. Its mixed differently all the time. 6.3-6.8 is the range I use.

ahhh ok gotcha :good: thought it was just a typo .

yeah i was pickin fans off them the first half of flower , had them stripped pretty good about half way through so the light got down into the plant . she puts out pretty good nugs all the way down to the main branch , not much larf to speak of .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubbles raise ph
Circulation doesn't. Generally from my experience
I bubble my res but my nutes hold within a point or two over three days. H&g Aqua flakes. Meant for recirculating systems. Used in coco.
:peacock:

alot of this swing in the PH we're talking about has ALOT to do with the buffers in your water supply . i use 0 water (RO/DI ) so the only buffers i have are from my nutes . & it will swing alot faster than say tap water .
when i used a circ pump in the rez , my PH would climb to 6.5 from 5.8 over night . it was a PIA having to adjust every single day . i leave the pumps out & i get a swing from 5.8 to 6.1 over a 4 day period which is alot better for me .
might have been some turbulance created by the pump , but don't think i had bubbles ....

i use V&B powdered nutes & they mix pretty clean , don't get much sediment in the bottom of the rez unless i add their plus size or plus life , stopped using both , so no real need for the circ pump anymore .

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
My OGKB male brought some serious Indica genes into the pool when he knocked up the glue.
picture.php

GorillaBreath regular seeds (GG#4 x CookieBoi)
mostly they are short and stout with a couple lanky like the mom.
picture.php

I don't usually put much faith in a stem rub but the biggest girl in the bunch has been smelling like Skittles from the beginning and now that she's getting her resin on this one is just sick.
The stem and flower size for 4 weeks is really nice.
picture.php

GorillaBreath- The Party is in your mouth and I'm coming over.
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.