What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
great info PF! i forget the brand of ballast that my buddy is using but he's using the adjustas with the gavita pro bulbs...$450 seems kinda low(i get all my equipment just a fraction above wholesale)...but then again I haven't priced it all recently

Grizz

Veteran
sirsmokesalot and I were talking today about the lights and its really a no brainer if your cash cropping, were losing money everyday that we don't invest in them.

Jbomber79

Veteran
I would take pictures if only it wasn't a dud...:)

She's (the girls) are coming out ta play tomorrow night... bling and all-

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plenty of pics in the gorilla glue # 4 pic thread ...... J/K OVO :biggrin:

57 days
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great info PF! i forget the brand of ballast that my buddy is using but he's using the adjustas with the gavita pro bulbs...$450 seems kinda low(i get all my equipment just a fraction above wholesale)...but then again I haven't priced it all recently

For those of you that want to run DE bulbs on normal Digital ballasts this bulb is for them not Gavita or E-P ballast. This is the only DE bulb that I can find for Regular Digital ballast's

1000W - DigiMax Double-Ended Lamp 80$
<<<<link to bulb

Double-ended lamps are made to increase photosynthesis by increasing the energy in the red spectrum. This lamp in particular was created to work with high frequency electronic ballasts. The big benefit of being double-ended is having a connection on each side which eliminates the need for a frame wire inside the lamp, this prevents any shadows from being created by the frame wire.

Dorky

For those of you that want to run DE bulbs on normal Digital ballasts this bulb is for them not Gavita or E-P ballast. This is the only DE bulb that I can find for Regular Digital ballast's

1000W - DigiMax Double-Ended Lamp 80$
<<<<link to bulb

Double-ended lamps are made to increase photosynthesis by increasing the energy in the red spectrum. This lamp in particular was created to work with high frequency electronic ballasts. The big benefit of being double-ended is having a connection on each side which eliminates the need for a frame wire inside the lamp, this prevents any shadows from being created by the frame wire.

i have had zero problems running the ushio pro de with normal digi basllasts

RetroGrow

Veteran
sirsmokesalot and I were talking today about the lights and its really a no brainer if your cash cropping, were losing money everyday that we don't invest in them.

So you like these better than bare vert bulbs? I like how I can get the bare bulbs real close to the plants, and all around them if necessary. Can you duplicate that intensity from a distance with the new setups?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have had zero problems running the ushio pro de with normal digi basllasts

Like I said the bulbs will fire but will not work properly. I tested the 400v bulbs on a normal ballast(long time ago) at my local store the PAR values are drastically reduced. you can't see this by eye you need a PAR meter.you can use them all you want but they wont perform to there 2100/1850(umol.m.2s1 of PAR) specs and they cost about 60$ more then the Bulb you should be using.

Most if not all stores are going to tell you sure you can use these bulbs. you wont ever know unless you have a PAR meter(not many do). They just want to sale you what they can. If you dont believe me ask whazzup he knows. he is a member here but has not been on in about 2 weeks. Only trying to help but most don't want to listen because there bulbs light up lol. I have a hard time understanding how anyone would think that if they put a 400v bulb into a none 400v ballast that it would function properly.

Grizz

Veteran
So you like these better than bare vert bulbs? I like how I can get the bare bulbs real close to the plants, and all around them if necessary. Can you duplicate that intensity from a distance with the new setups?

no I don't think you could but after seeing what PF did with that one big plant getting almost 14 zips I really see no need for vert bulbs and vert screens, either grow them like pf did or like third coast does with horiz screens.

Grizz

Veteran
Like I said the bulbs will fire but will not work properly. I tested the 400v bulbs on a normal ballast(long time ago) at my local store the PAR values are drastically reduced. you can't see this by eye you need a PAR meter.you can use them all you want but they wont perform to there 2100/1850(umol.m.2s1 of PAR) specs and they cost about 60$ more then the Bulb you should be using.

Most if not all stores are going to tell you sure you can use these bulbs. you wont ever know unless you have a PAR meter(not many do). They just want to sale you what they can. If you dont believe me ask whazzup he knows. he is a member here but has not been on in about 2 weeks. Only trying to help but most don't want to listen because there bulbs light up lol. I have a hard time understanding how anyone would think that if they put a 400v bulb into a none 400v ballast that it would function properly.
valuable info right there and I believe every word of it, thanks PF for sharing what you have already tried and leaned, really helps us.

surfguitar

Another option if you don't have high ceilings is the gavita 600, replacing my 1ks with these next round supposed to be about equivalent or better. You could use them with exisiting hoods too if you want as they are SE bulbs, the gavita complete setup seems like the best option tho.

Super excited for next round, gavitas, co2, minisplit and the best part Im finally getting a legit (dud free :) ) GG4 woot woot haha cant wait to see what she does in my setup.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use the Gavita 600 in veg(triple star hood) works great. I use to run all 600's SE there more efficient then 1k.

MIMedHead

Cant wait to flower out my GG#4, got a free cut back in march so I had to root it and then took cuts that are more then ready to flower, just waiting for the chop in my flower rooms and in they go, super excited got a few grams from the guy I got the cut from and man it tasted yummy lingered on the lips for awhile.

Grizz

Veteran
well its official, gg4 will be entered in the SFHT cup, OGORGANIC entered it, good luck brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.