What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 S1 testers

Pro Headies

Veteran
Ya well that's the same process I pretty much do. I stop feeding weeks before I am about ready to take them down. I consider that a flush as well just because you arent feeding the plant anything except water. I never looked at it as a fade but can see why it would be called that.

But Ya I feel flushing dumping tons of water through your plants is kinda pointless unless you are trying to correct something.

No worries man, i was just going into alittle more detail for guy asking.

chadster152

Fading is when you give plain water at the same amount you usually use starting 21 days before harvest day. Flushing is when you dump 2x or more then normal amount of water on them right around last week of bloom. Fading and flushing are 2 different styles of finishing plants in my opinion and flushing is pointless i think or at least a waste compared to a proper fade. I dont flush ever but ive been fading plants for 7 years or more and have done 14 day fades compared to 21 day fades on same plants ran for years and the 21 day is a step up in finished product quality compared to 14 day or even 18 day fades.

Were you growing in soil or coco?

chadster152

I use HP promix as a base and mix FFOF at different ratios based on plants stage of growth cycle.

Ok...so you can run a fade since you are in pro-mix and FFOF. I will be using coco this round and I like the results you got and the science behind a fade, but my question is can you run a fade in coco?

Pro Headies

Veteran
Ok...so you can run a fade since you are in pro-mix and FFOF. I will be using coco this round and I like the results you got and the science behind a fade, but my question is can you run a fade in coco?

Sorry but i dont have enough experience in coco to give out advice about coco. Maybe go into coco forum and make a thread titled "fading in coco" or something along those lines. Im sure a coco guy will help.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Heres another S1 that is close to finishing at 51 days. Shes a low yielder with nice trichome coverage. She bushed out nicely but has little buds. Smells are on the fruity side. Not very similar to my keeper S1. Does she resemble any of the parents of GG#4?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GG#4 s1 can produce a wide range of variation. S1 are like F1's.. She still needs to be worked to make it a stable line.

Greeco

Wow awesome grow!! I just acquired two original gg#4 and the leaves look very similar but it stretches in veg a lot more. So Hammer crossed his gg4 with bogglegum? The structure of those seeds looks tits and the quality looks just like gg4 imo. I wish you could post the smell over the internet haha. Beautiful ladies grown perfect. Awesome test! And Hammer nice work making some killer beans. Gg4 Looks like the next big plant to breed with.

Greeco

Oh okay, I'm not to familiar with breeding. Did u make a female a male by spraying a silver solution or something or did u have a male gg4? Cool to see some of the other genes come out of this killer strain. Digging the close nod pheno.

Grasspunch

Damn! awesome grow. Seen some S1s available in the bay area wasn't eager or lucky enough to get some but, nice to see some variations grown out. And well! Dope work PH and Hammerhead.

I know everyone involved will roll their eyes and/or ignore me when I ask this (after all I'm a newb to the forum) but will these seeds ever be available on the bay?

I just can't stop reading about gorilla glue and its like a crazy awesome club that I want to be in. Makes me think of fight club. First rule about gorilla glue is don't talk about gorilla glue. I have a friend in Colorado and I may have to make the 12 hour drive to try and get my hands on the infamous gorilla glue #4.

Thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Beautiful plants!

Peace

Pro Headies

Veteran
Took a few quick pics last night of my keeper Glue S1. Strong smell and taste like a sour patch candy but in a skunky cannabis way. Long lasting punch with alittle time loss when you smoke her.

i started another seed yesterday of these. So ill be updating thread as she grows. :)

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
Took a few quick pics last night of my keeper Glue S1. Shes top 3 in my garden. Strong smell and taste like a sour patch candy but in a skunky cannabis way. Long lasting punch with alittle time loss when you smoke her.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54664&pictureid=1391893&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54664&pictureid=1391894&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

i started another seed yesterday of these. So ill be updating thread as she grows. :)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54664&pictureid=1391895&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

hot damn that's a fat bitch, and a looker to. any whole plant shots ?

Latest posts

Latest posts