What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so... best source for chitinase to feed plant roots?
i've been under the impression that i may be getting it from insect frass, but that's pretty imprecise....

redlaser

Veteran
I thought the insect frass form was supposed to be more available or a superior form. I like to add crab meal as well because I believe it's there too, and oyster shell in case their might be something similar there.

Only on my third organic container mix, made 30 cu. ft.'s worth today. Had four cubic ft of castings from my own worms this time and chloride free water so should be a better outcome.

Here is my GG#4 at 3/4 weeks of flower.

DSC_0283_zpsumdrmarm.jpg

DSC_0284_zpsobtlvmqw.jpg

DSC_0282_zps25octiel.jpg

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
duds can happen at any time , no one has really ever figured this problem out, I have never had a dud from gg4, I did from gg1 but not 4, you can get one branch on a perfect plant that will dud, it has nothing to do with it being the real deal

Same here,i stressed it in every way possible,irregular light times cicles in veg and flow,too hot,too cold,too much water,every mites possible,moving from indoor to outdoor and vice versa,etc.....

In short every stress possible,but never no one banana on the gorilla!!!

~star~crash~

Yeah I would ditch that bottle (use it up and don't buy again). Anybody trying to sell me some shit with a cartoon on the front or some asshole's spirit animal can kick rocks.

This is the owner of Advanced Nutrients, Big Mike.

View Image

View Image

And this is what their booth looks like at shows

View Image

*Trigger* Sorry, end of rant.

capitalism at its finest....yucky way 2 make a buck & in his case many $'s...i agree w/ who DAT

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dan..new site last few years has been 1st week of sept @ edgewood mountain...they advertize it in a timely manner ...it's legit it's cool 20 years now annually...i won the cup back in 2006 w/one of my c99 f2's :redface:

had to google it cuz i never heard of it . but its not far at all from me , maybe a little over an hour ...... cool :biggrin:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought the insect frass form was supposed to be more available or a superior form. I like to add crab meal as well because I believe it's there too, and oyster shell in case their might be something similar there.

Only on my third organic container mix, made 30 cu. ft.'s worth today. Had four cubic ft of castings from my own worms this time and chloride free water so should be a better outcome.

iirc shrimp meal has highest chitin content, less in crab and much less/none-ish in oystershell meal

There are hundreds if not thousands of real GG#4 s1 seeds. s1 seeds where released back in late 2013/2014. I made about 1000 myself. Unknown prophet made even more. All of these are real unfortunately many forgot or omitted the s1 in the lineage and passed these off as the clone GG#4. These where used to breed other crosses with the tag GG#4. If any want to be sure there getting something real you will have to find a authorized GGSTRAIN outlet. You can find real stuff but you need to know who has it. Personally the only people you can trust with this are the original 12 people that got her back in 2012.

Thanks for the info Hammerhead!!!
since you´ve tried both and probably grew them in the same enviroment(cut and S1)did you find many differences between them???I ve tried 4 different GG4 in Spain(Two in Madrid,Two in Barcelona),all with same aspect,taste and smell only difference is that one of them was way stronger,i have a feeling 3 were S1 and the strong one from the original cut?funny thing is that all of them came here as cuts from the US.
Am planning a US trip for Spring/Summer,mainly to get cuts we don´t have or are hard to find and visit recording studios(am a recording engineer).Spain can be a laugh when it comes into genetics,I ve see the same cut called 4/5 different names over the years,there is very little people you can trust,I respect that people wants to make a living of it,but i don´t respect people lying to make a buck,it gets into my nerves and i don´t think it is helping to the development of cannabis

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We still hold the same cut in our circle that we originally received. No question about it's authenticity. Thanks, JW. :respect:

dank.Frank

here ya go Paco ......

the nets before i stripped them on 1/27

View Image

& these pics were taken tonight ...... 2/1 i stripped ever fan leaf right up to the net , but left a few budsites that still get plenty of light .

View Image

View Image

& these were taken from the day 65 nets , prepped the same way ..... 0 popcorn !!!!

View Image

View Image
You´re the man Dan!!thanks:tiphat:
One other question if you don´t mind,when do you start topping?after the first time do you top again?i have doubts since GG4 lateral branches growth is so good

Last edited:

Thescot

I noticed my gg4 seemed a bit leafy during trimming. I got it from a clone service here on the east coast so I can't guarantee authenticity. It did seem to look and act as I would expect, except it seemed a bit to leafy in the end. Anyone have any input? Think it could be environmental or do I have a bunk cut?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You´re the man Dan!!thanks:tiphat:
One other question if you don´t mind,when do you start topping?after the first time do you top again?i have doubts since GG4 lateral branches growth is so good

i do all my topping & training early in veg , mostly the first couple weeks , then let them grow out from there till they're big enough to flower .
i top 3 or 4 times to get as many main branches as possible .

Aspenou812

Veteran
is it just me or does BIG MIke look like a total dick head....... Maybe a used car salesman just waiting to RIP you off.........

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
is it just me or does BIG MIke look like a total dick head....... Maybe a used car salesman just waiting to RIP you off.........

That's what I thought too, greasy used car salesmen. Any ad or something where he shows up he's wearing Ed Hardy shirts or some goofy ass flashy stuff. Trying to make himself out to be the playboy of synthetic kool aid nutes. :laughing:

39_istock_000040869644_small.jpg

*Edit* - Didn't mean to derail the thread on a tangent so much as point out that Advanced Nutrients are ripping people off. Nothing against you either Star Crash. Just wanted to be clear on that.

Continue with the regular Glue programing. Some of y'all will recognize these throwback outdoor pics. Sorry but I got nothing fresh as of right now. My glue I have flowering hasn't hit 4 weeks yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php