What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

TheBlaze

S1

S1

8 days after transplant. Hoping to take some clones this coming weekend. Then 7 to 10 days to recover, and flip. That is the plan anyway. We will see how they fare.

picture.php

Zapadra

No. First time I grow it. My intuition tells me the bush is better than the tree. But what do I know. I'm hoping for a chocolate pheno. I'm selfing one of each (STS) to see if I can pull one next year. I should get interesting expressions regardless.

My pheno was almost pure cocoa, a delicious pheno for sure!

onavelzy

Veteran
Have you seen the two kinds finish ? bud structure, finish product, different high ?

My pheno was almost pure cocoa, a delicious pheno for sure!

Yup, extreme cocoa. I've never smelt anything like it before. Not subtle at all.

Tycho, keep an eye on the girls I'm growing now. It is the cocoa pheno as well.

The hunt is almost as good as the smoke. :biggrin:

Are you all talking about getting different phenos using GG4 S1's or different phenos from the same clone?

I know when different growers use the same clone, their different culture approaches will lead to some variation in strength, terps, structure, vigor etc.

I don't get the notion of a single grower getting dramatic differences in phenotype when using the same clone within a single grow session.

TheBlaze

I'm not talking about different phenos from the same clones. I just jumped in to the conversation because of the mention of the chocolate pheno. I assumed Tycho wants to find that pheno with an S1 hunt.

The plants I'm growing are all clones of the chocolate pheno that was found in some S1's from Dansbuds.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm not talking about different phenos from the same clones. I just jumped in to the conversation because of the mention of the chocolate pheno. I assumed Tycho wants to find that pheno with an S1 hunt.

The plants I'm growing are all clones of the chocolate pheno that was found in some S1's from Dansbuds.
Exactly right.

I didn't want to use CS because I can't visit the spot every day for two weeks. I'd make a trail big enough for a moose to follow. I couldn't find STS for sale anywhere (one guy in Washington but didn't know how to ship to Canada) So I got the ingredients shipped to me and made some. Spray once then two weeks later, is a lot easier to do without a security event.

My only issue now is what to do with the chemical ingredients. I have enough for a 45 gallon drum I'm sure. lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How much did u buy. 25g of 99.9% Silver Nitrate is about 50$.. It will last a long time when stored in original containers.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Exactly right.

I didn't want to use CS because I can't visit the spot every day for two weeks. I'd make a trail big enough for a moose to follow. I couldn't find STS for sale anywhere (one guy in Washington but didn't know how to ship to Canada) So I got the ingredients shipped to me and made some. Spray once then two weeks later, is a lot easier to do without a security event.

My only issue now is what to do with the chemical ingredients. I have enough for a 45 gallon drum I'm sure. lol

Yep, totally agree cs is impractical in many guerrilla situations, sts really seems to bind up the ethylene more reliably than other things I've tried. I haven't tried just doing a branch yet, that too could be handy. :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They *just started flowering. I did the top 4 node branches. I'll bag them when they're ready to pop.

One thing to note: If you're only doing one or two branches, take a string or zip-tie and tag the branches or you'll forget which ones you did. lol

I have a whack of regular seeds. I read about putting them in a jar with banana and apple peelings. The ethylene gas released by the fruit will feminize the majority. Anyone hear about this?

I can get my hands on the gas in liquid form from a local fresh fruit wholesaler (they use it to kickstart banana & tomato ripening). If it works I might give it a shot.

TheBlaze

I'm starting to notice some variegation on a few of the plants, so I'm going to give them an epsom foliar feed tomorrow night. What EC should I be aiming for?

TheBlaze

12 days after transplant

12 days after transplant

They are flying. First time I've ever vegged under a gavita. Normally veg under SE 600w HPS, but they really love this light.

I moved the smaller ones into the centre to give them more light, and hopefully a bit of a boost.

I selected 10 big girls to take clones from tomorrow. The other 6 I topped 2 days ago.

I'm going to foliar feed them with epsom salts tonight.

picture.php

TheBlaze

13 days after transplant

13 days after transplant

I wouldn't normally post pics a day apart, but last night I foliar fed them a mixture of formulex and epsom salts. EC came out at 1.3. I was worried it was too strong (formulex bumped it up by almost 1.0 EC) but this morning they were looking great. They've greened up noticeably and grown as well.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

TheBlaze

S1 clones (chocolate pheno)

S1 clones (chocolate pheno)

5 days until the flip.

In the last few days I've topped/cloned and supercropped them. Got a fairly even canopy going on now. They didn't slow down at all from the abuse.

The new flower room is almost done. Will post some pics of it soon. Plenty of space, power and cooling in the new room.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts