What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 bud pic thread

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree I dont think there used in the proper context. Ever since Austrian monk Gregor Mendel did artificial selection breeding experiments with his pea plants, understanding how traits are passed down from one generation to the next has been an important field of biology. Genetics is often used as a way to explain evolution, even if Charles Darwin did not know how it worked when he first came up with the original Theory of Evolution. Over time, as society developed more technology, the marriage of evolution and genetics became apparent. Now, the field of Genetics is a very important part of the Modern Synthesis of the Theory of Evolution.

In order to understand how genetics plays a role in evolution, it is important to know the correct definitions of basic genetics terminology. Two such terms that will be used repeatedly are genotype and phenotype. While both terms have to do with traits shown by individuals, there are differences in their meanings.

The word genotype comes from the greek words “genos” which means “birth” and “typos” which means “mark”. While the entire word “genotype” does not exactly mean “birth mark” as we think of the phrase, it does have to do with the genetics an individual is born with. A genotype is the actual genetic composition or makeup of an organism.

Most genes are made up of two or more different alleles, or forms of a trait. Two of those alleles come together to make the gene. That gene then expresses whatever trait is dominant in the pair. It could also show a blending of those traits or show both traits equally, depending on which characteristic it is coding for. The combination of the two alleles is an organism’s genotype.

The trait that is shown due to the coding in the genotype is called the phenotype. The phenotype are the actual physical features shown by the organism. In pea plants, for example, if the dominant allele for purple flowers is present in the genotype, then the phenotype would be purple. Even if the genotype had one purple color allele and one recessive white color allele, the phenotype would still be a purple flower. The dominant purple allele would mask the recessive white allele in this case.

The genotype of the individual determines the phenotype. However, it is not always possible to know the genotype by looking only at the phenotype. Using the purple flowered pea plant example above, there is no way to know by looking at a single plant whether the genotype is made up of two dominant purple alleles or one dominant purple allele and one recessive white allele. In those cases, both phenotypes would show a purple flower. To figure out the true genotype, the family history can be examined or it can be bred and the offspring can show whether or not it had a hidden recessive allele.

http://www.iplantcollaborative.org/challenge/iplant-genotype-phenotype

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My brain hurts after reading that :covereyes:

guess i'm just a dumb suburbanite :biggrin:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats throwin gas on the fire Unc ..... gotta just let it go dude or it will never stop .

2 shiney pennys from Dan the peace keeper :)

Grizz

Veteran
disregarding a lot of what was just said i would like to know also what MP fed those plants? i have never ever seen a gg4 that looks like that, not saying it isent but its not what i have grown accustom to seeing. it looks like it had a high abundance of co2 to me, the last thing i want is someone passing cuts labeled as gg4 that arent and deffinatly dont want to start a bunch of arguing about it.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
disregarding a lot of what was just said i would like to know also what MP fed those plants? i have never ever seen a gg4 that looks like that, not saying it isent but its not what i have grown accustom to seeing. it looks like it had a high abundance of co2 to me, the last thing i want is someone passing cuts labeled as gg4 that arent and deffinatly dont want to start a bunch of arguing about it.

I was thinkin maybe he took them alot longer than anybody else & thats why they look like they do ...... dunno

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep putting it back on track. this is the bud pic thread the discusion thread it is not. The middle one is a bit blurry. I almost fell on top of all my ladies...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great pics.

MP's cut is legit.

im glued to the couch. only thing better than gorilla glue.... multiple pounds of gorilla glue. peace.

Grizz

Veteran
thanks for the confermation phill, was hoping you would know. damn strange how it turned out, does he use co2 ?

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
thanks for the confermation phill, was hoping you would know. damn strange how it turned out, does he use co2 ?

probably a sealed room, so then you have to

but it really does look different, did you use a bud booster in the final weeks before flush?

and oh yea

:huggg::blowbubbles:

family fights, but they get over it and hug it out, we all have opinions

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
he doesnt to the best of my knowledge but i do @ 1000ppm.

as everyone should really

tank + regulator and a bit of hosing is almost priceless when dealing with plants, especially flowering ones, but veg thrives at 1000 as well, fast growth

and a great trick for roots

this involves a bit more investment, but holy heck it works wonders

buy an airstone for a fish tank, one with hundreds of fish. They are specialty air stones, they have air hose connections on them, not open ports for air hoses, you screw on an O2 hose. Buy an O2 tank, go all in and buy the one that is 5 ish feet tall. Buy an O2 Regulator with an O2 hose and they all connect. Buy a nice saturated O2 meter, and wait till you can get no more O in your water, DO NOT LET FLAMES GET NEAR REZ, OR JOINTS, they burn up fast.

leaves love Co2, roots LOVE O2

you can expect to be blown away at root growth, it's silly how fast they grow when saturated in O2

look like this

but you can get them longer as well, I use one that is a bit over a foot long
ozone%20air%20stones.jpg

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my rooms are only separated by a wall and some dark room louvers. veg and flower get the same co2 ppm.

guineapig

Veteran
Medium Pimpin' which additional nutrients did you use during flowering, if any?

Just curious about establishing if GG4 is a heavy feeder or light feeder.

I think Unclefishstick said heavy, but honestly I can't recall.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
as everyone should really

tank + regulator and a bit of hosing is almost priceless when dealing with plants, especially flowering ones, but veg thrives at 1000 as well, fast growth

and a great trick for roots

this involves a bit more investment, but holy heck it works wonders

buy an airstone for a fish tank, one with hundreds of fish. They are specialty air stones, they have air hose connections on them, not open ports for air hoses, you screw on an O2 hose. Buy an O2 tank, go all in and buy the one that is 5 ish feet tall. Buy an O2 Regulator with an O2 hose and they all connect. Buy a nice saturated O2 meter, and wait till you can get no more O in your water, DO NOT LET FLAMES GET NEAR REZ, OR JOINTS, they burn up fast.

leaves love Co2, roots LOVE O2

you can expect to be blown away at root growth, it's silly how fast they grow when saturated in O2

look like this

but you can get them longer as well, I use one that is a bit over a foot long
View Image

This sounds about like what I suggested to Dans recently. Remember Unc? I said, the best set up would have both, and be dangerous as hell. Roots want Oxygen. The plants demand Oxygen at dark cycles

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ever seen an oxygen tank go up? i dont doubt its wildly effective,but the danger factor would make me shy away...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ive always been more worried about someone knocking a bottle over and busting the valve off. That tank will fly like a rocket through anything

Latest posts

Latest posts