What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

mr.brunch

Veteran
and now for a spot of tragi-comedy

GN makes an early morning text to his Solicitor, Mr Richard Parry:

'Morn'in.....Trumps in the news advocating the death penalty for 'Drug Dealers'.
Federally my supposed U.S. crimes for buying and selling cannabis seeds (Schedule 1. Narcotic in U.S.A.), puts me in the same sentencing bracket as heroin dealers. So if I am extradited from the UK and exported over the pond to the USA for what is not a crime in the UK (seed dealing).....is it not beyond the realms of reason that I could possibly face THE DEATH PENALTY if Trump gets his way to follow his hero Rodrigo Duterte, President of the Philippines?'

Surely that’s a solid argument in court against extradition ?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Surely that’s a solid argument in court against extradition ?

Yes most certainly it is mr.brunch.....I'm liking this President more every day as he constantly goes from the sublime to the ridiculous in what he says.....and most everyone (including UK Judges) are getting wise to it....

So to summerize.......The Orange Cheeto Factor looks to be in my favour.

Spaventa

Veteran
I just looked up some stuff and you know what, there absolutely IS provision in US law to execute Gypsy.

The United States Supreme Court in Kennedy v. Louisiana struck down capital punishment for crimes that do not result in the death of a victim, but left open the possibility for "offenses against the State" – including crimes such as "drug kingpin activity" (and treason and espionage).

This is good. Execution is a real possibility, no exaggeration, it technically possible so they have to take this argument seriously. A judge would, certainly.

I think you will be alright mate and this shit will be memories soon.

EvergreenState

I don't think it would do Gypsy's case any good to use an extreme arguement. That is what the US government is doing; selling seeds is the same as dealing heroin. That would only make his side seem as loony as their side. I've seen a lot of cases here in the states and if he were convicted of this non-crime, he would not be given the death penalty. Yes I guess "technically" they could sentence him to death but that is never going to happen. Hell there are seed sellers who live in the US who are openly promoting and selling their wares as we speak. It's a different time where in most states posession of marijuana is a misdemeanor or outright legal.
Gypsy I think you can put your mind at ease on the death penalty sentence; that is never going to happen.
Gypsy has very good, reasonable, very smart representation; so they will devise a brilliant strategy for his defense and win his case.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh....I'm not so worried about getting a death sentance, as long as they don't screw it up and leave me in pains in the veins on the slab in the execution lab....but yeah..it could be an interesting argument to prevent any ideas the UK Judges might have on extraditing me...

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gypsy I think you can put your mind at ease on the death penalty sentence; that is never going to happen.
Gypsy has very good, reasonable, very smart representation; so they will devise a brilliant strategy for his defense and win his case.

Totally agree.:tiphat::good:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Just as Marc Emory was the USA's first public cry out against cannabis legalization. Gypsy is the last death rattle of breathe in the old guard of prohibition. May they finally pass quickly in disgrace. Gypsy, your in our prayers brother.
I apologize for the ignorant beauricrats in my country. Peace brother

Farm Hero

I would think at this point we could all agree we are fighting big pharma's worldwide tentacles acting as government not your country.

Much love and respect to our warriors caught up in the mess.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just as Marc Emory was the USA's first public cry out against cannabis legalization. Gypsy is the last death rattle of breathe in the old guard of prohibition. May they finally pass quickly in disgrace. Gypsy, your in our prayers brother.
I apologize for the ignorant beauricrats in my country. Peace brother

I understand, and don't blame the American people because most of them actually want legalization. Its the US government (and other governments globally) that are being so retarded about reversing this 80 year old prohibition, ever since they legalized alcohol after they figured out that alcohol prohibition wasn't working for them.

It seems like cannabis prohibition has been making the US government billions of dollars (much of it tax payers dollars) for so long by persecuting and prosecuting usually peaceful cannabis users, that they are more than happy to continue this outright crime against humanity by trying to scare everyone into believing that cannabis is such a bad plant, whilst they all profit from it by keeping it illegal...

Since the dawning of the internet the truth about how vital and useful cannabis is has been leaking out, and government anti-cannabis propaganda has been broadsided to show how wrong it is in the eyes of billions of people world wide. This is why in recent years there has been a wide awakening amongst the worlds populace, as they have learned the truth about the plant and its history over thousands of years showing how useful cannabis has been and still is throughout many industries, not just as a medication or for recreation.

Globally we are seeing a grand resurgence of the cannabis industry, and it is now rolling so fast I don't think that it is possible to stop it.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well Gypsy, this new possibility as to your fate will surely persuade the UK to keep you at home rather than extradite!

Remember, THEY DON'T LIKE TRUMP!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Latest development:

One of the top journalists from The Guardian newspaper name of Owen Bowcott, (The paper that first brought the Snowden case to the public's attention)....is writing about my plight, so keep an eye on www.theguardian.com ....and it should pop-up within the next day or two.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Interesting article, thanks. Surely they can’t extradite if the law says it has to be a crime in both countries in order for the treaty to come into force.

All the best wishes and luck for the hearing, hopefully once it’s over your business will boom, and you will be reunited with your family.

Would love to hear the full story once the legal issues are out of the way.... warts and all!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes....I had a chat with the journalist, and he seemed sympathetic towards my plight. He says he will be there on Thursday 15th March at the Administrative area of the High Court on The Strand in central London where we will hear the USA's appeal against the decision not to extradite me last August.

If any of you want to come along in support it should be starting at 10.30am (scheduled for 3 hours), and there is a public gallery, so you are more than welcome..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...d-seller-us-extradition-attempt-gypsy-nirvana

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I wish you the best Gypsy in your struggles against tyranny. Lets all hope this injustice will soon be behind you, and you can begin to enjoy the life you had before.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks Dave, Spav, mr brunch, CosmicG and HaHaHash....

You're sentiments are well appreciated.

Hopefully this appeal by the USA gets thrown out on Thursday and I don't have to wait a month before I know the verdict, like last time in August when I had to wait that long after the actual extradition trial to find out that Judge DJ Zani dismissed the feds case and refused my extradition........talk about being on tenterhooks!

Last edited:
H

HaHaHashish

It's too bad that the Guardian story didn't allow comments as I would bet that most posts would of said that a UK court should definitely not send another one of their citizens to a USA jail for anything, let alone for seeds that are legal in the UK! Let's hope that justice prevails on Thursday.