What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

golden lao

Bonehead

I'm speechless.:yoinks:

You must have one hell of a will power to flower her for 25+ weeks and THEN let it cure for months(not even a tester?).:respect:

P

ptg

Hello brothers and sisters!Thanks to come by there:wave:

@ g0vnaa:yeah man,the stem is quite delicate,although she's not weak,few days ago you know she get away from her support and she didn't break, she just fold at 90° + due to the weight of the bud...

@ smurf: thanks bro'!I have seen a picture in your album,yours was looking very big,and i'm sure it's another world when grown outdoors...the good old taste of outdoors weeds...especially with this kind of sativa...:canabis:

@ bonehead: jejeje man i wish i have such a strong will,but actually no,i haven't.Every day i wanna cut her,i think about it,but well,i started the seeds of this girl almost one year ago(second part of april 2009) and i have seen her every day since...she's almost like a buddy lol...so i must show a lot of respect for her!Could i say the respect she deserve?For sure i could!

On the other way,this is the kind of strain you won't appreciate if you are smoking heavy indica or hybrids,you should let your body (and mind) detox for some time...or you won't feel anything...and it would be a shame,cause you know,maybe the stuff isn't potent like modern cultivars but the effect is much more complex and enjoyable...

@ lynx: yo bro! here is a little smoke report ;)

I'm smoking some of the bottom buds aka popcorn of the pheno 2.This is the second time i try it.The first i was really disappointed,let's say pissed off...taste was awful,not smooth but like very old tobacco and the high,well,i'm still loooking for it lol...but right now is much better(yeah guys i'm smoking it!:rasta:)...both taste and high have improved a bit,especially the high wich is quite trippy,feel good style,make you laugh but not energetic although very clear with a "head in the cloud" feeling.No body at all,no heart beating nor adverse effect.Well the taste remains harsh so far,but i believe it's due to a too fast drying,i do think it will get better after curing it.It's starting to taste a bit like it smell,let say something like lemonade with a haze hint,quite promising.But not good as pheno 1:)

Here are some more pics of the pheno 1,finally i don't think i'll let her go to 30 week,she want to pass away,she's even severely starting to.I believe i'll cull her somewhere between now and april 18,what do ya think?
picture.php

No,there is no subliminal message in this pic^^ :D
picture.php

Terminal bud^^
picture.php

S1 seeds^^...and a little bit of pollen have found his way to my double thai girl:) and i have made some Lao X skunk too!(sk1 is the boy!)
picture.php

This one have no calyxe around!^^

And below,some so called macro...i wish i had a better camera.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

bocil

Very nice Sativas,best vibes for the rest of flowering and good smells.:dance013::dance013:

P

ptg

yeah bocil,thanks for the good vibes!:)

I said the stuff wasn't energetic...well,that's was until i start to do thing,and there it became...:greenstars:...this is like herbal coke,don't take your car after having smoked it...you'll be dangerous,with the foot on the floor,know what i mean?...but if you're a sportive or an handworker,it's the right stuff to smoke,get you to work/run faster than ever...i really should let it cure,quality will become awesome,i'm sure of that!:canabis:

:tiphat:

Locoporro

Hi Bro !!!

Awesome Sativa !!! the vibes spirit is always alive :)

I love those foxtails ... your macro are fine too !!!

Lao x skunk should be a killer strain !!!

Best vibes&hugs amigo

LP

P

ptg

:wave: mate!

Yeah man,the Vibes spirit is still alive,and strong...ya know the song:"we are the woooooorld,we are the Viiiiiiiiiiiibes"...huuummm...:thinking:...i believe i should stop smoking sativa buds.:D
Damn,seriously,you can't imagin how much i miss this fucking strainguide...:badday:

That's some extreme foxtails you know,this one will not weight heavy...nor provide me a lot to smoke...for 26 weeks of bloom...182 days...am I insane?Loco en el coco?:)

Glad you like the pics,but still i'm not satisfied of them...

About the laoskunk,well, i don't know...but i have great hope in the S1 seeds...although hermaphroditism + very long flowering= a big pain in the ass...so the progeny of every crosses i have made could be a real nightmare...Who loves challenges?

:tiphat:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PTG you have some nice looking colas there, you are doing just fine with that camera of yours, nice pix as well..DD

P

ptg

Thanks a lot Doobieduck!:thank you: But you are too kind,i saw your pics...:D
Although i believe you have a better equipment than myself,with my poor old "coolpix!";) ...i really wish i had a better one...

Darklands,NO,it's not real(100%virtual),but yeah,it looks like a gm big ass dick :biglaugh:

Some pics of the dried buds of the pheno 2:

Who wanna smoke that?...:chin:....Me,myself and I :bigeye:

Peace!:ying:

H

HeryRhom

miamiaouu! Bon smoke poto, high n' high :) ça goûte comment dis?...

So dont' forget to hide a canna-jar in a corner for a long curing time suite amigo :dance013: :ying: :jump:

sondeos

Hello friend. keep for a cigarette that morning I passed and we prove it, jejejeje:jump:
. PTG Good job.

Happy harvests. :ying:

Although I have a lot of work still going on and seeing your girls.:blowbubbles:

Greetings.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
how could i miss this!!!
soooo great!! sooo great!!!! what a hell of a sativa...a sadiva!!!
you are doing a real challenge!!!
love it sooooo mutch

P

ptg

@ Rhom:
Yeah mate!She taste like hazy lemonade...sorry i can't tell you better...just the other smell different,really catpiss with a hint of tropical bubblegum.

Don't worry,i'll let a jar left for a long curing!:)

@ Sondeos:
Yeah bro,i know you're busy working very hard,and it make me glad to see you come by there!;)

@ Buddah:
yo man,you know,it's better to come late vs don't come at all:)
Thanks you man!

I culled the second pheno yesterday evening...was hard to chop her after all this time...heartbreaking,really...she was almost like a beloved pet...however i won't smoke my cat,but this girl:cathug:

"This is the end,my friend;my lonely friend,the end...":smokeit:

Last pics,right before harvest:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here,right after the culling:
picture.php

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Respect bro, best sativa vibes around! How is the smoke/Taste? i know why is so difficult to cut some plants after a long time in flo! My neville is a dog in my house.... i give her some food, water during so long time, heartbreaking when i chopped her :(

Respect :tiphat:

C

Chamba

ptg

excellent growing!

Now, that's how you grow a landrace sativa!

I've grown a number of different Asian landrace sativas and the buds really do noticeably improve after several months of correct drying, curing and storage. It's not just the taste that will improve, the high will become trippier, longer duration, stronger, much more so that a strain that flowers for 8 or 9 weeks, but the taste will only become a little better,

I know what I would do with that much bud, I'd dry sift 90% of it...but be careful when dry sifting tropical sativas, the resulting powder can be too "dry" and hard to press into a solid, so be gentle and monitor your progress by hand pressing small amounts as you go

If I smoked any of it I'd carefully break off calyxes only and smoke these (I'm surprised more smokers here don't write about smoking calyxes only, especially with land race sativas with their calyxes that are spaced far apart and are easy to individually knock off....smoking stems or leaf, even tiny ones, adds a hot, crappy tastes to the smoke and zero positives to the high.)

NoMa_D

Hello Panta, un ptit coucou, ça fait plaisir de voir l'esprit du Vibes présent.

je viens de tomber sur ce topic, et ma fois félicitation pour cette culture de laotienne, sacrée sativa.
du coup j'hésite à lancer mes thaï, en meme temps c'est pas de la landrace non plus...

En tout cas les fleurs sont magnifiques!

Curieux aussi de voir le résultat du cross LaoSkunk

A bientot et bon curring

[edit] 'scuse me, i was so tired this morning to translate my langage^^

Hello Panta, I'm happy to see Vibes'spirit here!
I discover your thread & I congrulate you for this sacred lao'sativa growin' (...)

So, theses flowers/calyxes are wonderfull!!
I am also curious to see the result of your crossing LaoSkunk

See U soon

Latest posts

Latest posts