What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

golden lao

G

growcodile

what a great landrace sativa .. i love her looks :p
hopefully you will spread her genes widely :)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Sharing Sativas

Sharing Sativas

I´ve felt like sharing my mango smelling sativa, from a AceMix pack bought last Summer.

Mango Ace
picture.php

picture.php

My fav Ace plat after giving me 125grs of 5stars weed and witting for the last chopp

picture.php

Peace and harmony

sondeos

Hello ptg, about your problem plants may be at a pH too low, the bottom leaves are wrinkled edges up and that is indicative of a lack of magnesium, up sheets have a yellowish tinge indicative of lack of calcium Possibly this blocked the pH you these and more nutrients. a greeting. careful with it.

P

ptg

Lol paulo,harvesting make you glad...too much maybe.:whistling:

Thanks Sondeos and inthelight for your input!

A few pics,week 18:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I am allways too glad ;) But harvest day is a special one :)
Your plant looks better everyday
Peace out

lynx

Hi, panta :). Sorry for not responding, but when I got home I found myself with a broken system drive, which took some time to fix. About flushing: I never do that. For me the problem has just stopped by itself, not using the nutes anymore. I still havwn't found a good fert for the sativas, but diluting the Alga Bloom helps. (1/8 strength maybe). To compensate I repeat the feeding once or twice. But I've been putting most efforts into creating a good organic soil, which seems to be working well. But if you find some nice fert, please tell us :). (Can't see your week 18 pic, odd...)

peace & love,
lynx

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
ptg, merveilleux !

props to you for showing us such sativas, you must be enjoying some very good smokes !

++

P

ptg

Thanks you all!

Hey lynx ,no problem ;)
I'm not so sure it's the liquid ferts by itself which bring the problem,i believe it's a too rich soil or a combination of factors:dunno:...anyway i'm also looking in self made soil mixes,i already have several recipe now i have to choose a good one's...back to the essence of growing!

Titoon sure i'll enjoy her, even more knowing is first name is "Désirée"!...:biggrin:...i have to be patient,she's far from finished(i hope not so).

lynx

I'm not so sure it's the liquid ferts by itself which bring the problem,i believe it's a too rich soil or a combination of factors:dunno:...anyway i'm also looking in self made soil mixes,i already have several recipe now i have to choose a good one's...back to the essence of growing!

Yeah, it's always difficult to tell exactly, so many small factors are involved. After all, the issues you had were small, and these sativas are quite delicate plants. But I'm a firm believer in organic soil growing - at least for quality of smoke. My take on soil is to reuse the old, and then adding some composted cowmanure, batguano, bonemeal, bloodmeal (not too much), dolomite meal, seaweed meal... and then let it sit for two-three months. Also I bubble the water to evaporate the chlorine.... Still I rarely grow perfect plants, so... :chin:

peace & love,
lynx

P

ptg

As always you are too modest!;)

Sure those plants imply a lot of "brainstorming"...and not only are they delicate but also so slow,you really need to have a stable environement,while mine is not so...
I do bubble the water too,i let it sit for 24-48 hours before in an open container,but the quality remain quite bad...
Thanks for the tip on soil,you're not the first good grower to tell me this,i really have to give it a try! :)

Some shot, last day of week 19:

Now take a look on the one below...can ya see tha banana????My bad:frown:
Well,it don't really matter,i will let her go until the end...just wonder if it's me or her...
picture.php

As always you are too modest!;)

Sure those plants imply a lot of "brainstorming"...and not only are they delicate but also so slow,you really need to have a stable environement,while mine is not so...
I do bubble the water too,i let it sit for 24-48 hours before in an open container,but the quality remain quite bad...
Thanks for the tip on soil,you're not the first good grower to tell me this,i really have to give it a try! :)

Some shot, last day of week 19:

Now take a look on the one below...can ya see tha banana????My bad:frown:
Well,it don't really matter,i will let her go until the end...just wonder if it's me or her...
picture.php
Beautiful looking Sativa PTG!
As you may or may not know, Hermaphroditic plants are quite common among many S.E asian varieties, which unfortunately often adds to the difficulties of growing or breeding with them. That you have gotten this far along into flowering without seeing a profusion of male flowers is a pretty good sign I would say. With any luck it/they wont put out any viable pollen and seed your Calyxes. Just keep a watchful eye on them and continue the course! Growing land race Sativas is definitely a labor of love. May you be well rewarded for your patience!! :D

P

ptg

Thanks Satchifunkilus!

I do wish to be well rewarded,and i believe i'll be!:)

Interesting thought,i did not think about non viable pollen,i just have thrown away the nanners i found(8-10)...I really wonder if she would have turn hermie in her natural conditions,i believe she's gone via too much stress(photoperiod,light spectrum,fresh temp,bad grower...).Now i don't really know. :(

here is little shot,that's a (missed) macro attempt...
picture.php

So please holy weed mates,tell me how do you find the resin production for this kind of genetic?:yeahthats

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
wow the resin production is very nice and i'm sure it will only increase in time......good job for being so patient with that very special plant......

I

inthelight

Flush it for 3 weeks to a month and It will increase its resin production. Watch for more nanners though. The leaves will yellow and it will literally die but produce much more resin because it running out of nutrients signals that it needs to do more to make seeds because it is dieing.

P

ptg

thanks!

thanks!

This one is better i suppose:canabis:

picture.php

Does someone could count the trichomes/calyxes?:)