What's new

GOLD PROSPECTING

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
@trybud ...,I'd sure like to get out to cali and do some minning forsure, But i'm sure
if i ever get to go that way i'm bringing all my shit and STAYING.....

@nokuy... Dam bro you've got to try alot of places!! Do you see alot of difference
in gold from these places?

@RMH.. LMAO,I'LL have to show the wife that one!!!!!

O and we use a feather..he he he

I N Hail

NOKUY

Veteran
como colorado all we saw was dust....didnt weight it....but there is bank in them trailings.

breck just dust from the river too....but i didnt shovel deeeeep.

above idiot spgs by the st marys glacier.....no comment...i got a girl and a good gig on that.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Ya gotta luv those women that hang out with gold prospectors - they usually have a good sense of humor.

Which,,, after having your dingle berries hanging out all day in ICE COLD WATER ALL DAY - is a good thing.

I N Hail

Veteran
I got ya on the "no comment" Got a couple of those places myself.

We have one spot that we have to kayak too ,and on a good weekend
we'll get maybe 2oz give or take, flakes,dust ,and some small nuggets
But like you say FUN..FUN love to catch a buzz and do some minning

DAM i'm ready to go now,

IN Hail

I N Hail

Veteran
Ya gotta luv those women that hang out with gold prospectors - they usually have a good sense of humor.

Which,,, after having your dingle berries hanging out all day in ICE COLD WATER ALL DAY - is a good thing.

Now thats the truth bro,mine has been so cold before i thought they fell off!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wow this sounds so cool, hopefully one day i can get out of the bay area and all its urban pollution and bullshit and live in the beautiful mountains of northern cali.

I N Hail

Veteran
Metal Detector

Metal Detector

Got one of those too Nokuy

It's a White's 3 Plus. With a Blue Max Deep scan 950 Loop on it

Some of the thing's i've found

Found this in my yard last year

MCsqrd

Nice finds I N Hail, those look like some Where's Waldo spectacles :D.
For anybody interested getting into gold prospecting, who might not know how all the systems and techniques work, check your local library for the following books.
Jerry Keene's "Gold Prospectors Digest". - It is full of good information and color pictures, really explains the processes well. Great for beginners.
"Alluvial Prospecting and Mining" by S.V. Griffith - I'm reading this one right now, and it's pretty informative, although it is not only about gold, it goes into other precious metals and gems.

Anyone that has gotten a few specks of gold panning while out camping or whatever will tell you about 'gold fever'. Easy to contract, hard to get rid of.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
IMVHO, gold is a bullshit deal from start to finish. Commodities end up burning investors who aren't insiders who know how to time the market for the product and have insider knowledge that enables them to stay ahead. Since that doesn't apply to almost everyone there are bound to be problems.

I remember back when I was in high school. This was during the Carter Administration and inflation was way, way out of control (like it is about to be again) and there was a big run on gold. People were talking. Would it go to $400 an ounce? Would it hit a $1,000 an ounce? Where was the top end?

Sound familiar? That was 1978 or 1979 if memory serves. Gold typically trades within a fairly narrow window and the nominal price of this commodity needs to be carefully considered because of this issue.

GOLD IS NOT LIKE REAL ESTATE OR EQUITY SECURITIES. If you intend to invest in this stuff you should do so with a full understanding that the ice is awful thin and the holding period for the investment will likely be very short.

If you are concerned about where to invest your money, perhaps I can make a suggestion - consider commercial income-producing property investments because:

1. In a recession, equity values are illusory, so capital gains are very hard to come by. This makes investing in the so-called "stock market" a very dubious proposition because the vagaries of this market require the average investor to hold the investment purely for the purposes of obtaining a capital gain.

2. In a recession, cash is king and in a tightening credit market, the investor who is holding a commercial property (and assuming profits are dividended out as they are made) is in the position to create favorable financial leverage.

3. Commercial real estate syndications are a great way to own quality real estate. Up until the turn of the century, it was hard for the average investor because of the lack of communication technology and access to information. That's been cured now and the opportunities are truly strong and warrant your consideration.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Be sure to post pictures if you go mining. Love the look of the great outdoors....

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Been up To North Calif and seen people dredging for gold off Highway 50 toward lake tahoe and even the river leading to Yosemite National park Also in California.

Not much for panning for gold but have gone to coin shows and seen dealers sells nuggets that come out of the rivers.

I love Gold...intriguing little,gleaming Rock.Bought Some 6 Grams of Nuggets for $40.00 in 2002 at a coin show and sold those 6 grams for $60 just recently.

I would buy more as soon as the price drops..it may be years but gold moves slowly and well as Silver...I hoarded alot of Silver back in 1990's when it was $3.75 an Ounce...I think the most I've owned was 300 Ounces of Sliverbars.Paper money burns easily but not metal.

ben ttech

was in colorado and a friend of my pops whos hidin out in the woods...
showed me gold he had panned which still showed its crystaline formation...

"been tracing this lead up this canyon for decades" he says...

he has discovered where an ore bearing vein of gold...
had been eroding a trace of itself into the nearest stream...

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
over here in oz a few friends and myself head to a place called the Golden triangle near Bendigo or the Eureaka gold feilds, There is a place where you can hire a gold detecter and purchase a gold minning liscence for about $200 for the week which every trip we have found enough gold to cover the cost and sometimes you can find enough to finance your trip including booze and food,the trip started out being a drinking and smoking camping holiday but the first year we went we found a $3000 nugget and the prices back then were about $400-500oz we have had several trips that we have found enough to pay for everything and come home with cash in pocket but never that much again we usually come home with between $300-500 each a trip usually 4 people, there is apparantly still alot to be found last year a $200,000 rock surfaced in the main street through the road,the local government laid claim to that rock,Gold gets pushed to the surface all the time. Where there was no gold ten years ago might have some to be found now

S

sparkjumper

I've got a Whites DFX with a regular eclipse 950 coil and an eclipse deep scan DD1400 coil when I'm hunting deep.I love it though I havent had much time for it lately.I found 1 gold and 1 silver ring soon after I bought it.These things arent cheap be prepared to drop over a grand for something worth a shit.This is for dry beach and park hunting,my next will be a minelab for out in the water

deepchunk

bongasursa that rock that you showed is a hyerthermal flow the dark color is the flow i found one like that and took it to an assayer my dad new he said i was in the right place to find gold and he kept grilling me as to where i found never told him tho he told me to look down from where the flow was found and there would be where the mother load would be..............

Latest posts

Latest posts