What's new

GOLD PROSPECTING

Z

zoolander

Shit I'm ready for some gold= I'll find some of my sluice gold this week and get a pic up

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Me and my bro found some pretty nice sized nugs at the river, look in the veins of the granite, like where water used to flow down, and break loose the granite slabs in the crevices. you should find dirt underneath, get a bucket full and pan it out... look for areas in the granite that got clay, and break it down in the water.

NOKUY

Veteran
zoolander said:
Shit I'm ready for some gold= I'll find some of my sluice gold this week and get a pic up

nice zoo..that bitch better be dirt and gold by the end of the week...

...btw where did u get the sluice, and how much?

looks great bro !

Z

zoolander

Hey Yukon :wave: I picked that one up aroud a year and a half ago for around $100. You can order them from Keene engenering in so cal. I can get you the info if you want

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
A lil somethin..... :muahaha:
PICT0099-3.jpg

Minin is always more fun with a backhoe! :rasta:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I recently passed on an 80 acre unpatented placier gold mine. It sold for $756.00. My issue included that there was no water and it would have had to be trucked in for the wash. Dry wash was the only other method. The other issue is that I would not have owned the land.

goto: 1881.com to check out some gold mines for sale. I may be willing to go in halfsies if the price is right.

NOKUY

Veteran
thought id bring this one back up due to current economic crap.

thought some might find it useful or inspirational.

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
i found this huge rock while hauling shit to my grow spot. i had to bring it back home. it killed me but its a beaut

any experts, is this the kind of rock that gold can be found in? or what it even is, some kind of quartz i guess?

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
yeah, i guess i sorta knew that

ive just heard of "veins" of gold to be found in quartz

not much of a clue with geology here, just nice to dream...

trybud

thats the type of quartz that is gold bearing. the orange hue is actually the iron rust. if theres iron there's a good possibility that there's gold. i live about 30 minutes from a decent spot but most of my spots are about an hour and a half drive. anybody ever want to go try it out we can hook up in the summer. i have lots of equiptment except a dredge.

NOKUY

Veteran
still like to bring this thread up from time to time....i got a lead today on some AK property that has a claim and the owner wants a caretaker....(yeah i plug craigslist for shit these days alot).

...he says i could improve the dwelling, and work the claim w/ his gear he'd take a %....so im gonna look into it.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
This thread was cool to find.

I've done some gold mining myself.

Here's some pic's of what ive got.

picture.php

picture.php

My batteries were dieing with last pic sorry,I'll go get some later

picture.php

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Thanks Nokuy

Wife's gonna bring some batteries home i'll get some better pic's
up a little later.

So you really think you;ll go work that mine?
I'd sure come for a visit:joint:

Later
I N Hail

trybud

wow, impressive stash there....im heading to the middle fork of the yuba river mid month to snipe and crevice the stuff out of water now but the gold action around me really starts up in late june/july...You Nor Cal residents that want to go try your luck(especially beginners) i recommend Ramshorn campground in Downieville,CA.. you can pan the sand under where your vehicle is parked and get color in the least...very rich upstream too....

NOKUY

Veteran
Thanks Nokuy

Wife's gonna bring some batteries home i'll get some better pic's
up a little later.

So you really think you;ll go work that mine?
I'd sure come for a visit:joint:

Later
I N Hail

cant say i will yet....im dead set to get back to AK and he chimed on a cl msg i posted about being a caretaker....he's prolly legit...i know the area well.

id work the claim in a second tho....i worked some in colorado near breckenridge and como...and a bit that i wont tell that holds near idaho spgs....especially worked sum overworked dredge trails in como.

just fun fun stuff...found some color near idiot springs too.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Wife's gonna bring some batteries home

That sounds a tad kinky.

Ya know the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky,,, ya tickle your lover with a feather.

Pereted,,,,

Ya use the whole damn bird.!

Shine on

Latest posts

Latest posts