What's new

GOLD PROSPECTING

nvthis

i always liked harness the most because he could fix anything. i cant belive they thought he should leave and not dorsey.

dorsey pretty much said i dont believe in you guys, i dont think we will get enough gold, got on a plane and left. only to come back and get a full share of the gold? wtf?!

I think a lot of Dorsey's frustrations with the crew were a direct result of the issues they were having with Harness. I think Dorsey leaving pretty much sealed Harness' fate...

Jack had morphine pills in what looked to be a legit prescription bottle, likely prescribed to him. This stuff isn't all that expensive when a doctor is giving it to you and if you have insurance it is dirt cheap. It isn't all that intoxicating when dosed correctly and if dependent then he must have it to feel like you do sober. Just b/c someone is taking opiates everyday does not make them a pos thief. I take the immediately calling him a thief because of morphine very personal as my mother is on pain management and would never steal. Easy to be an addict when the doc + insurance makes them dirt cheap.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
426935_10150571982520855_61224900854_9495619_1674706388_n-1-1.jpg

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Jack had morphine pills in what looked to be a legit prescription bottle, likely prescribed to him. This stuff isn't all that expensive when a doctor is giving it to you and if you have insurance it is dirt cheap. It isn't all that intoxicating when dosed correctly and if dependent then he must have it to feel like you do sober. Just b/c someone is taking opiates everyday does not make them a pos thief. I take the immediately calling him a thief because of morphine very personal as my mother is on pain management and would never steal. Easy to be an addict when the doc + insurance makes them dirt cheap.

Agree totally but its funnier and more drama the other way. This is TV after all

the mechanic who was supposedly kicked off the show, in the second-to last episode I just watched, got about "14 seconds of fame" when they let him talk about his musical abilities and hopes to get contracts with 'big names' ...

that guy must've done something to piss somebody off

The show it in the next episode. He left to go with some woman too while they needed him. He slept all day on day 2 of the final drive repair and Jack and Thurber had to fix it. The guy has no idea of what it takes to make 12 months of salary in 4. However in season 1 he fixes the wash plant and welds for a heroic amount of time on day 3 of morphine withdrawal. What happened to him from then and season 2 idk.

Endur

Veteran
what's Good,
I just have to share, that I had a Very GOOD, outing last weekend.

I Found 2 Rocks, 1 small rock, & 1 Specimen Gold Ore rock.

This one showed lots of Gold, but its small gold, & chuck full throughout the rock.

GoldRocksApril052012013.jpg

GoldRocksApril052012030.jpg

When I crushed it, I was happy to have just under 19grms of Gold.
GoldRockcrushedApril102012003.jpg

Then here is the Beauty.
She has close to 3oz of gold. I'm not going to crush her. I'll be able to sell her for more, as she is a Specimen piece.

GoldRocksApril052012023.jpg

GoldRocksApril052012022.jpg

Endur

Veteran
And this is the hole, that these came from.
GoldRockcrushedApril102012013.jpg

Its a little spot on a Quartz Vain,that is located close to the surface, so we are digging down on it.

It's just under 16 inches from the surface, and the deeper we get, the gold is getting bigger, and more per ton of rock.

Peace
Endur

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what's Good,

I Found 2 Rocks, 1 regular small gold, & 1 Specimen Gold Ore rock. G

This one showed lots of Gold, but its small gold, & chuck full throughout the rock.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Then here is the Beauty.
She has close to 3oz of gold. I'm not going to crush her. I'll be able to sell her for more, as she is a Specimen piece.

View Image

View Image

Wow congrats Endur!! Nice rocks you found!! thats great....keeeeep diggin :D
Maybe they will want to make a show about you!! hehe

fukndenny

so jealous of people who can gold prospect, we have some gold here, but it is very fine flake and not a lot of it.

that'd be a great hobby

igrowone

Veteran
incredible pics! thank you for sharing this
tell you the truth, these days i'd be more sketched about posting pics of golden nuggets than golden buds

Grobot2010

I hear ya, but the barrier to entry in terms of purchasing a claim and equipment and having the means to buy time to dedicate to the venture are beyond me at this point in time.

nvthis

Wow, Endur.. That's a score right there :) Man, def keep us in the loop if ya find more..

What state are you diggin' in?

Endur

Veteran
Wow, Endur.. That's a score right there :) Man, def keep us in the loop if ya find more..

What state are you diggin' in?

Thanks Everyone for the props.
The Mine is Located in the Central Mother Load...Cali.

NOKUY

Veteran
I hear ya, but the barrier to entry in terms of purchasing a claim and equipment and having the means to buy time to dedicate to the venture are beyond me at this point in time.

there are lots of claims that you can lease ....and even deals to make w/ claim owners regarding use and payment

B

BrnCow

what's Good,

I Found 2 Rocks, 1 small rock, & 1 Specimen Gold Ore rock.

View Image

View Image

Then here is the Beauty.
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/endurone/GoldRocksApril052012022.jpg
Do you ever use a metal detector to find nuggets? I have a Minelab Excalibur 1000 I'd like to try at a dig...works great on the beach and in water also - to 200 feet...