What's new

GOLD PROSPECTING

A

astra007

thanks mrs babba; chat buddy, i got into the gold thing while planting outdoor grows as i had a lot of time on my hands while sitting and guarding things. seed crops in flower come off faster then no seed.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
parkers mom is a bitch. how the hell can she say a 17 year old should not work 14 hour days? its the summer, what else should he be doing? he's got employees that are relying on a good gold season. the other thing that pissed me off is the way she went behind parkers back to get his grandfather to shut the mine down, only to start kissing his ass when he showed up with almost 2 oz of gold

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
parkers mom is a bitch. how the hell can she say a 17 year old should not work 14 hour days? its the summer, what else should he be doing? he's got employees relying on a good gold season. the other thing that pissed me off is the way she went behind parkers back to get his grandfather to shut the mine down, only to start kissing his ass when he showed up with almost 2 oz of gold

completely agree!

the plant NEEDS to make money to be saved and she is threatening to shut it down?

so, make the family suffer because YOU have a point to prove?

pretty kuntish if you ask me.....

plus Parker is 17 years old, and she is mad that he works long hours? fucker has all the energy in the world!! at 17, i would work 12 hours, sleep for 4 and work another 12, sleep for 4 and so on, it was NO problem, i did it for almost a year!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a bummer they had to shut down for a while, figures the government gets involved and everything shuts down!! I would have been pissed if I was Fred too..bunch of paper pushers!

Hoffmans are getting something at least...omg I cant hardly stand old man Hoffmans voice, its 10 times worse then fingernails on a chalkboard, uggggg makes me want to rip my ears off! hehe

Parkers going back to school, Grandpa will hold down the mine till Parker can come back!! hehe Too cute, his grandad is a cool dude for sure!!

Almost over for another season, sure didnt turn out like they want it too so far...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seasons almost over, its been interesting to see how its unfolded. Not sure why I like the show so much, but its been fun to watch.
That mine that Parker visited was freakin amazing!! The guy running it is crazy, He looks like some wild man, and ALL THAT GOLD!! I forget what they said about how much it makes in one day..was it like 100 oz or ridiculous amount?!?!?
"You want to come work here?"
"Sure"
"Stay away from my daughter!!"
That was funny, the guy looks like the abominable snowman and hes worried about Parker hangin out with his daughter!! hahahaha I doubt Parker would be anything but a gentleman, hes been raised right I think.
Time is running out for the miners, I hope they get a shit ton of gold!! hehe

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grandpa John had me worried there for a bit, he pulled out of it okay. Hes such a cool old guy, Parkers going to take it hard when he finally does pass.
I laughed so hard when Fred did the imitation of Jack Offman hehe That was awesome. Looks like he doing good gettin at the gold.
What can you say about the Hoffman clan, they do things the hard way it seems but they are rookies so thats to be expected. Hopefully this new spot will get them what they need to make some money.

Endur

Veteran
Just thought I'd share a spectacular piece of gold.
This past week, I spent a couple days in Murphys, Ca.
Took the wife up there, to enjoy all the wine tasting/wineries.

Stopped in at the Iron Stone Winery, and they have the biggest Crystalline Gold Leaf specimen in the world on display- weighing forty-four pounds and discovered in 1992.

Crystalline Gold is one of the most rare and precious natural gold formations consisting of gold that has been deposited in layers between quartz, clay, maraposite, decomposed shale and pyrite.

Here is a couple pics...

The Vault
IronStoneWineryJan292012013.jpg

IronStoneWineryJan292012015.jpg

IronStoneWineryJan292012016.jpg

IronStoneWineryJan292012025.jpg

IronStoneWineryJan292012027.jpg

I'd estimate it's worth 15+ million....:)

Peace
Endur

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would rather have an ounce of sam the skunk mans almost pure trichrome kif than an ounce of gold. worth about the same but way more fun. good for cooking with too,

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
someone on here was talking about the ALL gold displayed at the court house in Eureka, someone stole it all this week.....

N

Nondual

someone on here was talking about the ALL gold displayed at the court house in Eureka, someone stole it all this week.....
Well it was actually Yreka. I've passed by that gold display many times. They estimated the value at $3,000,000 and the frikkin alarm did not work...

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Allison Giannini said an alarm that was on the case did not sound.
D'Oh! The sheriffs department is like a block away. I mean jeez they broke in and walked through the building and no alarms.

It's gonna be very hard to track that gold but there were a few pieces with distinct shapes. One was quite large and believed they called it the 'shoe' nugget. We'll see how stupid the thieves are dealing with it.

What a haul but what a shame cause that display was cool.

Endur - I've seen that piece of gold on a TV show many years back when gold was cheap. I think they found it in a piece of quartz and used something like an acid bath to get rid of the quartz or something like that.

N

Nondual

Heres the story, the sheriff is an idiot, Im sure he cant find his way out of a paper bag!!
There's some people that have a lot of explaining to do! I mean holy crap 3 mil!!! I wonder if it was someone on the inside who deactivated the alarm somehow? How were they not testing the system pretty regularly? Many years back someone tried to snag some and left a trail of nuggets down the street lol.

Hey I was in the city last week and watched TV in the hotel, I don't have cable or anything, and saw there's a new show called Bering Sea Gold...is that any good?

NOKUY

Veteran
Hey I was in the city last week and watched TV in the hotel, I don't have cable or anything, and saw there's a new show called Bering Sea Gold...is that any good?

BSG is pretty good....pretty much just suction dredging on some rikity ass crafts off the shore of nome.....some interesting charachters.

when i lived in AK i knew a few ppl that hand sluiced and panned all over the beaches of nome for a few months every year....a few of them made decent money, and that was when gold was cheap.

:wave:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
It's gonna be very hard to track that gold but there were a few pieces with distinct shapes. One was quite large and believed they called it the 'shoe' nugget. We'll see how stupid the thieves are dealing with it.

ifin it was me it would be a shit ton of plain gold bands already.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
saw a show tonight called "guerilla gold rush" all about prospecting in colombia.
at the 55 minute mark the lady hosting the show is awaiting some farc guerillas at a rendezvous point and i notice a giant sativa in full flower in the background. pause the program and upon further inspection this chick is standing in a HUGE field of obviously high grade colombian sativa!!!!
they make absolutely zero mention of the field of green donkey dicks this lady is standing in!
it's a nat geo show BTW

as soon as someone posts the vid to youtube il link it up
funny shit!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Working 8 hours a day doesnt make any sense to me???..You ave very very limited amount of time to do what you need to do and you wait till the last two weeks to put lights on your machines so you can work at night??? Its not like they have to shovel the dirt by hand and shit, they have equipment to do help them, I know its easy for me to sit here and say this but what else are they doing to do?...your out in the middle of nowhere, get the shit done! Do the clean out at night...work 12/16 hour days!! sheesh haha

The Bering Sea gold show is good, that looks pretty crazy too...3 to 4 hours under water!! wow..the one boat got like 70 grand in gold in one day or some shit like that!! fuckin nuts! The girl gets her arm stuck in the sucky thing and the guy doesnt even realize it! yikes!

Seems like there are more gold shows around ..one about Colombian gold..that was good too.

NOKUY

Veteran
Working 8 hours a day doesnt make any sense to me???..You ave very very limited amount of time to do what you need to do and you wait till the last two weeks to put lights on your machines so you can work at night??? Its not like they have to shovel the dirt by hand and shit, they have equipment to do help them, I know its easy for me to sit here and say this but what else are they doing to do?...your out in the middle of nowhere, get the shit done! Do the clean out at night...work 12/16 hour days!! sheesh haha

The Bering Sea gold show is good, that looks pretty crazy too...3 to 4 hours under water!! wow..the one boat got like 70 grand in gold in one day or some shit like that!! fuckin nuts! The girl gets her arm stuck in the sucky thing and the guy doesnt even realize it! yikes!

Seems like there are more gold shows around ..one about Colombian gold..that was good too.

yeah an 8 hour work day is almost unheard of in alaska....you either work about 18hrs (on days that u can)...or u work 0hrs....nobody works 8 hour days on jobs like that....i lmfao when they said that, and told heather how much of a joke that was....

they are obviously not alaskans...lol

B

BrnCow

Anyone else wanna call that Todd Hoffman and tell him to get outta the kitchen and get his ass busy? They stop work every 15 minutes even when the wash plant is running..look at this...look at that...they need an drilling rig crew to come out and shoe them how to fucking work...and that fuckhead with the big mustache is a dumbass! These fuckers don't even know proper hand signals for operating and working around heavy equipment. they try shouting and then get pissed when no one hears them over the roar of a diesel engine...crane hand signals would save them much frustration...they could have been looking for another place for next year by now if they weren't fucking around... they also need another two men to run the wash plant at night and plenty of lights hung high...