What's new

GOLD PROSPECTING

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
was watching gold fever yesterday and tom went to home depot in LA and bought 3 bags of quikrete coarse sand and ran it through a sluice box and found gold in it. he also went to a construction site in north cackalacky (carolina) and took a pan of dirt that was excavated from the basement of some building being renovated and panned it out in a fountain of a local hotel and found some gold in it. it was awesome

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows...12524630&pid=2DBOtIvPxnswXgRa_kH1s2O_uVRPYVOV

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow that show has been on for 13 years!! Ive never heard of it, going to have to check it out!
He found gold in some cement bags?!!? Thats just crazy hahaha

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
not cement, sand. i think it was this stuff. the name of the episode was "concrete jungle". if you've never seen the show, check it out. saturdays on the outdoor channel.
imagerequest.aspx

315980_270341723006619_170492622991530_843146_91777031_n.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I watched a show on Discovery or NatGeo or similar channel where some guy was hunting for meteorites along farm fields in kansas, because he had a large area to cover they constructed a metal detector with a huge antennae made of bulk length wire & pvc fittings. As I recall it was about 4'X12' and was pulled behind a 4 wheeler. he was successful in finding several rare meteorites one a behemoth 1,400#'r worth a million bucks.

EDIT: it was PBS

this is a commercial version:
k1.jpg

EDIT: btw, after having watched the video I think that those wheels & hubs are plastic, very likely with some sort of nylon bearings (if any) none of it having any metal that might throw off its detecting abilities.

here's the video, a safe PBS link:
Meteorite Hunters

k2.jpg

The same system could likely be built & tuned for gold and dragged all over the outback behind 4 wheelers or maybe fitted onto pontoons and floated in the ocean over shallow reefs that might have caused shipwrecks.......

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uggg too many shows on to watch and not enough time!! hehe

Parker had his whole fam out here this week!! It was cool to see them all doing something they love, too bad he hasnt found much gold yet, but Im rooting for him to find the mother load!! hehehe
Whats with the guy at the Hoffman camp!?!? Leaving for a CPL of days to be with his girlfriend!?! No one got mad, they just hung around till he came back!! I would be sooo pissed, What the fuck are you there for??? Unbelievable!!
Then theres Dakota Fred..... :D

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I wouldn't wish the loss of a house on anyone,but it looks like Dakota Fred had some karma come visit for that snake move.
I agree with Mrs. B, I'm rooting for Parker too. :yes:

NOKUY

Veteran
...and how did duhkota fred not know that there was a "battery issue"....i knew half second after i heard the rig go 'klick'...the guy is a fool!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do any of you guys watch the show after the Gold Rush?...Flying Wild Alaska??..its a good show I really like it too. Ariel is such a cutie! Shes the daughter of the couple that own the airlines. Those pilots are crazy, flying in some wild conditions boy!! On the last show Ariel went to a Burning Man type get together they have up there, forget the name, I wonder if she puffs?? I bet she does :D

NOKUY

Veteran
Do any of you guys watch the show after the Gold Rush?...Flying Wild Alaska??..its a good show I really like it too. Ariel is such a cutie! Shes the daughter of the couple that own the airlines. Those pilots are crazy, flying in some wild conditions boy!! On the last show Ariel went to a Burning Man type get together they have up there, forget the name, I wonder if she puffs?? I bet she does :D

i watch it of course...if its about alaska i watch it..lol

they went to tailgate alaska...i have not been, but been close....a cpl danny and the dingo episodes go there and it's nutz.

here is a link:
http://tailgatealaska.com/node/32

What is Tailgate Alaska

If Alaska is the goal for all dedicated wintersports enthusiasts, then Flow Tailgate Alaska is the way in.

Now heading into its fifth year, Flow Tailgate Alaska has become one of THE must-attend events in winter sports. The location provides some of the most direct big-mountain access on the planet. Around camp, backcountry education plays a central role, with snow-safety classes, beacon searches, and snowmobile-riding/sled maintenance clinics.

• Transworld Snowboarding's "Must-Attend" Event
• World's Largest Backcountry Gathering
• 1.6M Acres of accessible terrain
• Emphasis on backcountry safety and education
• Learning Experience for all participants

Flow Tailgate Alaska 2012 will take place from April 1 - 12, 2012

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if u really want to bank on gold
and u already grow dank

get into smelting,
its like looking for gold ORE not actual gold
once u get good ore, crush it, then smelting is putting the crushed ore into a crucible in a kiln,
then you have to filter and or hide the noxious smoke coming from the kiln
if u live in the appalachians in the south, or in the southern rockies in colorado, or in areas of cali.... and u arent lookn for gold......
maybe u should
good reason to get u under some natural light

igrowone

Veteran
haven't posted here in a while, but been watching the episodes
excellent show that shows what most have in store if they try this kind of enterprise
you're not going to get rich, or if you do, you're one of the few
and you will work your balls(or breasts for the ladies) right off
even the pricks(no names mentioned) bust their humps for no more than a working wage, and that's in a good year
tell you the truth, some of the nuggets posted here look better that what pops up in the wild north
a much better hobby than career(in my opinion)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i watch it of course...if its about alaska i watch it..lol

they went to tailgate alaska...i have not been, but been close....a cpl danny and the dingo episodes go there and it's nutz.

here is a link:
http://tailgatealaska.com/node/32

I looked back and she went to something called Arctic Man, I bet its a little different then Burning Man heheh

Parker was funny about the chain saw, asking his grandpa if he can run one!! He is such a cool kid! He needs to find a huge nug!!

The Hoffmans, sheesh, they are a hot mess, If they find anything Ill be surprised! The same thing with Fred, every time they turn around something has broke or shit fucks up!
Has anyone checked out the after show on Discovery.com? I keep meaning to but forget hehe

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the Gold show!! Hate dakota fred and think the hoffmans are idiots and parker well that kid is just living every boys dream...making his grandpaw proud!!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok,
isnt this thread supposed to be about US diggn gold, or is it just about TV shows? any one get out and pan some sand? any one have a metal detector? i've been collecting mineral and gemstones for years and am now branching into gold.... and dont watch those shows on TV