What's new

Gold Gardens..

nomaad

Veteran
edit, nomaad, i was thinking of getting the smarts and cutting a smaller diameter hole on the bottom, then staking the lip to the ground.

not too big for me... one of the nice things about the smarties is gopher-proof-ness. too big a hole and you lose that. I am thinking 50 or so half-inch holes... too small for voles.

Next year I'm doing big mounds for the additions to my garden.

using this year's dirt for the mounds?

T

Trinity Gold

No. I am not going to take the dirt out of my 300s..A lot of the shit I put in won't even be kicking 'till next year. What I am going to do is build hoop houses over my rows and after harvest pull as much of the root ball out as I can , add some cal phos , plant a clover and bean mix and keep that going until spring. At that time I will till the green manure under and add chicken manure , bone phosphorus , oyster shells

The 2400 gal mounds is a whole new project on a different part of my property.

The smart pots will probably turn in to smart pot mounds because I am going to dump a lot of shit on top and they're already pretty full. I may need to use the inline drip tube on everything next year instead of the sprayers for the smart pots like this year and inline drip tube for mounds like I was thinking. Didn't really realize that till I typed my response up.

T

Trinity Gold

picture.php

H

humboldtlocal

Looking real good bro. Hope all is well out there. Killing it as usual.

hogan400

that last photo is pretty smooth....i like how the sun just sends love down on ya man. thank you for your input on my earlier plant health issue too by the way. they were just really hungry and the odd weather threw my ladies off. luckily no sloughing off or rot!

T

Trinity Gold

I figured turning up the Ca and N would get them going. Thanks for stopping by. I have a whole set of pics from 8/30 that I need to upload and share.

Latest posts

Latest posts