What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
Well that cloning powder from Kelp For Less is total shit... Sticking with KLN and Sicilla in a clean cloner... Following the instructions and even calling the company... They never call back...

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I did a test on two bands of cloning poweder and gel, for an aticle many years ago.

First I tested the powders, made 3 batched of clones from one mom. One of each brand and a controll group with nothing, the same was done with the gel a month later.
The odd thing was, both control groups with out use or hormones. Did better then everything else, second was the powder.

Only thing to do was try a different strain, some just root better then others.

After redoing it twice, testing 3 different strains. With the same result, I simply stopped using cloning powder.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I did a test on two bands of cloning poweder and gel, for an aticle many years ago.

First I tested the powders, made 3 batched of clones from one mom. One of each brand and a controll group with nothing, the same was done with the gel a month later.
The odd thing was, both control groups with out use or hormones. Did better then everything else, second was the powder.

Only thing to do was try a different strain, some just root better then others.

After redoing it twice, testing 3 different strains. With the same result, I simply stopped using cloning powder.

was that the powder offered by Kelp For Less

Palindrome

King of Schwag
was that the powder offered by Kelp For Less

One gel was Clone X, can't remember the other gel. These where provided by SoftSecrets mag.

The powders was Floramon A and B, these are commercial greenhouse hormon powders. They are from what I know, the most common used world wide by the greenhouse industry. There is a 3rd Floramon C, but it's mainly used for low pH cultures.

But the important thing was, the clones with no hormones used. All did better, then all the hormone treated clones.

RockinRobot

I have used clonex and rockwool for cloning since day one and the only clone I ever lost I broke in half after it rooted.

I like the gel because the biggest cause of bad cuts is air getting into the stem. The gel seals the stem better IMO.

Aspenou812

Veteran
When you reach in to train them. You will be a sticky mess.

I may be getting trays and the lights I need Friday.. If all goes well... then ill spread them out and do some training... I hope they are done stretching... I have a lot to take off the bottoms still some tiny nugs down there... Good thing my Scrog is so adjustable...

Aspenou812

Veteran
LESSONS LEARNED

So... for about 3 years I had 100% strike rates with my Turbo Clone... i had a bottle of clone solution from MB Ferts before the got busted adding PGR's... it works effortlessly... every time I knew when to look for roots and they were always there... Then I got Bio Slime in basically every peice of equipment water and nutes touch...Got that figured out and my cloning strike rate has been in the gutter... 100% failures... I found out that my solution had gone bad... and it is now unavalible... and I wouldn't buy from MB FERTS again because they were not honest with what was in the clone solution...

I have to fix this ASAP... So looking around I chose 2 products KLN and a new product from Kelp For Less... Cloning Powder... I got the Extreme Blend from them and its a fantastic Foliar Spray and root drench... so I gave the cloning powder a go...

I mixed up per the instructions and was shocked to see it was only 83 ppm .5 scale... after mixing... I knew it had organics in it that wouldn't register on my meter... After a few days I called the company and was assured I was doing it right and everything would be fine... NOPE... The next week day 8 I sent off an email to the company.. got a quick reply with a number and was ask to call Brody an owner and developer of the clone powder... I called and left several messages all the while watching my cuttings go to shit... I couldn't figure it out... ph was good and I remixed and changed the solution every 4 days checking ph several times a day...

A few days ago I gave up... I can salvage a few plants.. so I have a mother... but my next flowering round was in the garbage... FML... I just knew I had messed up somehow and I can't afford another setback in my grow... I can be pretty hard on myself...Nope It wasn't my fault at all... and I was beating my self up once again questioning my Skills..

Today Brody from Kelp For Less called back... Finally... Very good guy...He didn't call because his lady had just gone through a rough pregnancy and they had a baby... So I told him what happened every step in my cloning from the first cut off the mother all the way to the trash can... my temps were good my ph was good... then Brody said listen it wasn't your fault... He said it had only happened once... But around the time of my order they ran short of the main ingreadent in the clone powder... And if he was in the office it wouldn't have been shipped... Honesty... Will go a long way with me... So he ask if I would give it another shot... offered anything I wanted... Full Refund, Full Reacment with extra goodies... What ever it takes to make it right... I thought wow... ok... ill try it again on the side but not going to role the dice with plants I need to run... He was releaved... and said ill tell you what... I'm going to double your cloning powder, send another pound of the extreme blend, a grow pack, a bloom pack and some other goodies... So cool... He was Honest and told me what happened and his willingness to make it right was awesome... He promised that making things right for me was his number one priority for the day... and personally boxed and shipped my package an hour later... I already have the shipping info... So what was the lesson I learned... TAKE NO CHANCES WITH PANTS YOU NEED... Save the trials for extra plants... Peace

Dip n grow works wonders. It’s like 12 bucks and is literally good for thousands of cuttings. I’ve had the same bottle for 1.5 years.

Sorry to hear bout your troubles, hope everything picks back up for ya

Aspenou812

Veteran
Dip n grow works wonders. It’s like 12 bucks and is literally good for thousands of cuttings. I’ve had the same bottle for 1.5 years.

Sorry to hear bout your troubles, hope everything picks back up for ya

I have a can of that... and it works but I prefer the Turbo Clone... I've done it several ways... rockwool, Pete pots, rapid rooters.... Getting the Turbo Klone up and firing off roots is a very high priority... I'm going Steril this time back to what I know works... I use the other methods as backup and for extras... I feel like you should be well versed in the cloning game... Having the ability to use any method nessaray to get the plant counts you need is an invaluable Skill... but having said that... The ease and speed of the Aero can't be beat... When they are clean and have good solution its dead simple... this is the second time I have unknowingly used bad solution... the other issue has been Bio Slime that thrives in my area.. and I have that beat back... I should have rocked this round of cuttings... so lets go again... KLN & Sillica with a few drops of regular bleach...

Latest posts

Latest posts