What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to have a 6 foot doorway... So I can pull the trays in and out I. The future... And use a roller blind as a door lined with panda film.... That blind will go to the floor and serve as a intake for the room so I can leave it up a few inches off the floor... With the 8 inch exhaust

that might be your best bet ! but you might need both fans for exhaust , especially with open bulbs ......

DunHav`nFun

Air exchange twice per minute Dans...not every 2 minutes......that`s the old rule of thumb for cooling smaller rooms utilizing lung areas to create perfect environment that`s pumped into and sucked out of flip rooms turning on and off every 12 hrs.....maybe you`re talkin bout somethin else I don`t know about when using air cooled reflectors.......and.....

Using vertical bare bulbs in those said rooms for the most part since air cooled or not horizontal reflectors store heatgain inside the grow areas to be dealt with on top of the 3400 BTU`s of heat each 1 K bulb puts out.....now.....

Aspen....I ran active intakes on speed controllers so as to not over run my exhaust/scrubber combo`s and create positive pressure pushing out stank air.....that said.....

Not sure of your ceiling height but 5 x 10.5 x even 10' is only 525 cu ft of heatgain and fresh air replenishment needed to cool the grow area twice per minute24/7.....and ....being where you are , auxiliary A/C will be needed to insure dialed conditions yr round , especially in deep summer conditions.....but.....

Forever and a day , my rooms ran in the low to mid 80`s lights on and barely 10 degrees difference lights out with dialed conditions and yields that consistently produced in the upper gpw`s.....so.....

If you want cooler conditions in the grow areas since all the pot snobs and guru`s swear that hotter conditions than mid 70`s kill terpenes , then by all means , adjust environment accordingly.....regardless....

Where there`s a will there`s a way , and you`ve got a good support group here even if Icky`s braidin nose hair and Grizz is takin note of it.....:moon:......

Waxy`s back hair in the mix as well kinda made me wonder how off topic ya`ll wander from time to time.....Hell....Where`s Unc ?.....anyways.....

Hope that helps with coolin darlin.....Good luck and......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Air exchange twice per minute Dans...not every 2 minutes......that`s the old rule of thumb for cooling smaller rooms utilizing lung areas to create perfect environment that`s pumped into and sucked out of flip rooms turning on and off every 12 hrs.....maybe you`re talkin bout somethin else I don`t know about when using air cooled reflectors.......and.....

Using vertical bare bulbs in those said rooms for the most part since air cooled or not horizontal reflectors store heatgain inside the grow areas to be dealt with on top of the 3400 BTU`s of heat each 1 K bulb puts out.....now.....

Aspen....I ran active intakes on speed controllers so as to not over run my exhaust/scrubber combo`s and create positive pressure pushing out stank air.....that said.....

Not sure of your ceiling height but 5 x 10.5 x even 10' is only 525 cu ft of heatgain and fresh air replenishment needed to cool the grow area twice per minute24/7.....and ....being where you are , auxiliary A/C will be needed to insure dialed conditions yr round , especially in deep summer conditions.....but.....

Forever and a day , my rooms ran in the low to mid 80`s lights on and barely 10 degrees difference lights out with dialed conditions and yields that consistently produced in the upper gpw`s.....so.....

If you want cooler conditions in the grow areas since all the pot snobs and guru`s swear that hotter conditions than mid 70`s kill terpenes , then by all means , adjust environment accordingly.....regardless....

Where there`s a will there`s a way , and you`ve got a good support group here even if Icky`s braidin nose hair and Grizz is takin note of it.....:moon:......

Waxy`s back hair in the mix as well kinda made me wonder how off topic ya`ll wander from time to time.....Hell....Where`s Unc ?.....anyways.....

Hope that helps with coolin darlin.....Good luck and......

Thanks DHF.... Im going to get her up and going.... big learning curve here though... If i could just fire her up i would be ok.... Thanks for the great post.... We are a little off topic i guess... lol.... but the boys are great for keeping me company even when i dont have anything to show.... lol... Unc has been MIA..... Hummm good question....:huggg:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Well i haven't figured out how to cool the 3 light room yet with what i have on hand but i did figure out how to cool the 6k i will have in this set up..... Ill put one of these in there in each back upper corner of the room.... then ill figure out the timing of it..... but that should move enough air to keep me and the plants happy.... Shit i forgot to post the link... FML...
https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Fan-Di...8&qid=1513719686&sr=8-1&keywords=hyper+fan+10

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If you use both fans for exhaust, you'll have 78.5 square inches of exhaust. So you need double that for passive intakes. Which is 157 square inches or 2 , 10" intakes . If you set it up like that, you should be able to cool your room no problem.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you use both fans for exhaust, you'll have 78.5 square inches of exhaust. So you need double that for passive intakes. Which is 157 square inches or 2 , 10" intakes . If you set it up like that, you should be able to cool your room no problem.

& with a gap under your 6' door .... that should be enough for the passive intake .
good thing your in a shop where light leaking out is not much of a major concern ! thats what burning me right now . i HAVE to make sure all exhaust & intakes are light tight for the flower rooms sake & so no one coming in the garage sees the light .

but yeah , make sure your temps in flower are handled before you put any plants in there !

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Air exchange twice per minute Dans...not every 2 minutes......that`s the old rule of thumb for cooling smaller rooms utilizing lung areas to create perfect environment that`s pumped into and sucked out of flip rooms turning on and off every 12 hrs.....maybe you`re talkin bout somethin else I don`t know about when using air cooled reflectors......

Nope .... your right . i just worded it wrong . its the same for bare bulb or sealed exhausts ..... you want to exchange the air 2x per minute ...... its just going to be easier in a sealed exhaust . you can get away with no AC in the winter months .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
a couple 8" will be more than enough .especially if your going with a mini split down the road . no need to buy overkill right now with money tight . you can always upgrade later if needed .

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

It's basically air resistance that you have to work with or against.

I've dropped temps in the room by increasing the size of my passive air intake ducting on rooms. It's like just cracking the window or opening it all the way.

Double the size of the intake like DT said. But if it's not in your temp range, increasing the intake size further will help reduce the temps (at least that has worked for me)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres a little motivation for ya !!!!

gonna fill it with flowers tonight !!!! :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

if i got mine up & running before you ..... you be slackin Girl !!! Getter Done !!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only reason the nets are that high (46") is because the plants i have going in are that big lol
i normally set my nets at 36 & put in 24" plants ..... but i think i can go a little bigger from now on .... whatcha think ? lol :biggrin:

Aspenou812

Veteran
the only reason the nets are that high (46") is because the plants i have going in are that big lol
i normally set my nets at 36 & put in 24" plants ..... but i think i can go a little bigger from now on .... whatcha think ? lol :biggrin:

I ha e the same ceiling height as you here.... So go for it...

Aspenou812

Veteran
ur basically buying from inside his grow room. so his brain cant understand that and mine still upset about it.

its always the males room if you buy from amazon never the females. does that make since? 75% of the males in ur thread cant tell the difference between themselves or amazon? makes you and the guy dumber each time you do that to each other.

Welcome to the end of your account.... Have a nice day prick...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Haha....poor, sad human. Glad my life is better than yours. Too funny what people occupy their time with while being a productive member of society :laughing:

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I turned over my big Christmas charity event to a friend and she's way behind... So back at it... I have to get her back on track if the kids will have a good Christmas... The timing sucks... I have plenty of green shit to keep me busy....

Latest posts

Latest posts