What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Cookies

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jimmie Rustler colored cut and 3 fingered hustler cut.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kijell

Wow Wow these Wedding Cake plants on last pages look mesmerizing!! Been planning these for the summer definitely! Real beauty
Right now I'm growing my first GSC and Do-Si-Dos Hybrids, I am so excited! :)
Only know the oldskool "basic" kush strains, will be cool to see what the hype is all about

Wendull C.

Veteran
Wedding cake sucks imo. The only good pheno I have seen was the one leaning towards purple urkle, Mendoza pyres, whatever.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I didn't know PU was in WC?. Who's version is that ?.

Orange cookies.
View Image

I have followed the whole cookie, cherry pie deal for a long time. Depending on who you believe St George made some beans they got spread but what I was saying is I could taste purple urkle or mendo purps on the wedding cake which seemed different than the cookie dominant phenos I have tried.

I could be very wrong. But I know my cherry pie cuts will throw pu taste if let go too long.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I have a ogkb 2.0 from a long forgotten Michigan member (won’t be named)

Can anyone give me the lineage of ogkb 2.0?

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
calling all cookie nerds please

calling all cookie nerds please

just recieved this on my youtube channel

what do you guys say>?

med-man brand Interesting. The reason I ask is because I've been doing a lot of research on the history of Cookies, and a strain called Purple Payne/Purple Pain comes into my research. Jigga and the cookiefam claim Cookies is OG Kush x F1 Durb, but there's a also some evidence that the lineage is different. Theres a story that a breeder called George, (I think from Mendo) bred a strain that was called Cherry Pie Kush AKA CPK. (Gage Green Group have worked with this Cut) Cherry Pie Kush is rumored to either be Cherry Pie x PCK, or Cherry Pie x Chemdawg. Anyway, around 09 some seeded packs of the Cherry Pie Kush were sent to the collective where at the time Berner worked. The breeder asked for the weed not to be called Cherry Pie Kush because it was not yet stabilized. Hence the seeded packs. Apparently Berner was eating Girl Scout Cookies at the time, and said the weed tasted like it GSC, so the weed was sold as Girl Scout Cookies. Apparently Jigga, and Pieguy (Kenny Powerzz) later got this cut of Cherry Pie Kush, or an S1 from the seeded packs, and decided to put it in one of their flower rooms. It apparently threw pollen on everything in the room, including the F1 Durb. Seed was collected from the F1 Durb, and apparently thats how cookies was born. But this new Cookie pheno was unstable and threw seeds. As the packs of the new cookie got out so did a lot of S1s and bagseeds. Which explains all the cookie cuts and phenos that came from bagseed. Like Forum, platinum, OGKB, fortune, etc. The story is very believeable in my opinion. I believe it more than the story of it being OG x F1 Durb. I've had the CPK cut before and it has the same funky cookie profile with some gas. So I can see how its considered the predecessor to cookies. But my question is, what is the lineage to the F1 Durb? And thats where the Strain Purple Pain comes into play. Cookie fam says F1 durb is a cross of what they call Purple Payne/Purple Pain x Durban. Only Purple Pain related strains I can find is yours and DVG Purple Champagne, but that doesn't make sense cause it was created after cookies. If seeds of your purple pain could of made there way to the bay area before 09 I guess that would make it a possibility of it being the "purple pain" used in their F1 Durb. Cherry Pie is said to resemble its parent the F1 Durb quite a bit. From what I see of some phenos of your Purple Pain Killer it heavily resemebles the F1 Durb, and Cherry Pie. Some phenos like Vics Cherry I saw on IG even resemble the CPK (Which has Cherry Pie has a parent) So it makes me wonder if the Purple Payne they used in their "f1 durb" is from seeds of your purple pain killer.. I swear some of those phenos I see look so much like Cherry Pie, and the F1 Durb that created Cherry Pie. Do you think seeds of purple pain killer were available to the Bay Area around late 08 early 09?

just recieved this on my youtube channel

what do you guys say>?

med-man brand Interesting. The reason I ask is because I've been doing a lot of research on the history of Cookies, and a strain called Purple Payne/Purple Pain comes into my research. Jigga and the cookiefam claim Cookies is OG Kush x F1 Durb, but there's a also some evidence that the lineage is different. Theres a story that a breeder called George, (I think from Mendo) bred a strain that was called Cherry Pie Kush AKA CPK. (Gage Green Group have worked with this Cut) Cherry Pie Kush is rumored to either be Cherry Pie x PCK, or Cherry Pie x Chemdawg. Anyway, around 09 some seeded packs of the Cherry Pie Kush were sent to the collective where at the time Berner worked. The breeder asked for the weed not to be called Cherry Pie Kush because it was not yet stabilized. Hence the seeded packs. Apparently Berner was eating Girl Scout Cookies at the time, and said the weed tasted like it GSC, so the weed was sold as Girl Scout Cookies. Apparently Jigga, and Pieguy (Kenny Powerzz) later got this cut of Cherry Pie Kush, or an S1 from the seeded packs, and decided to put it in one of their flower rooms. It apparently threw pollen on everything in the room, including the F1 Durb. Seed was collected from the F1 Durb, and apparently thats how cookies was born. But this new Cookie pheno was unstable and threw seeds. As the packs of the new cookie got out so did a lot of S1s and bagseeds. Which explains all the cookie cuts and phenos that came from bagseed. Like Forum, platinum, OGKB, fortune, etc. The story is very believeable in my opinion. I believe it more than the story of it being OG x F1 Durb. I've had the CPK cut before and it has the same funky cookie profile with some gas. So I can see how its considered the predecessor to cookies. But my question is, what is the lineage to the F1 Durb? And thats where the Strain Purple Pain comes into play. Cookie fam says F1 durb is a cross of what they call Purple Payne/Purple Pain x Durban. Only Purple Pain related strains I can find is yours and DVG Purple Champagne, but that doesn't make sense cause it was created after cookies. If seeds of your purple pain could of made there way to the bay area before 09 I guess that would make it a possibility of it being the "purple pain" used in their F1 Durb. Cherry Pie is said to resemble its parent the F1 Durb quite a bit. From what I see of some phenos of your Purple Pain Killer it heavily resemebles the F1 Durb, and Cherry Pie. Some phenos like Vics Cherry I saw on IG even resemble the CPK (Which has Cherry Pie has a parent) So it makes me wonder if the Purple Payne they used in their "f1 durb" is from seeds of your purple pain killer.. I swear some of those phenos I see look so much like Cherry Pie, and the F1 Durb that created Cherry Pie. Do you think seeds of purple pain killer were available to the Bay Area around late 08 early 09?

That story has gone around and could be true...

That said, just because a plant looks like another doesn’t mean the Cannabinoid and Terpene levels will be the same.

Perhaps you guys should spend more time breeding and less time and money fighting Home Grown...