What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Yep yep. I just gave away a whole tray of cuts. I've I'd sold them off individually or by the ten pack, I would have cleared a whole grip of shekels. If I'd have flowered them
, I'd have made even more. Instead I did something decent for someone who I wanted to see do well for themselves.

When you get that 550xi, don't forget to get the customized cookies license plate!

If they charged a hundred dollars. Then some friends would go in on ten, multiply them and that would be that. So no. They would not make more in the long run. $1000.00 for a clone is down from what the price was a few months ago, when it was several thousand dollars for this cut.The other thing is that if you want to do a whole run of it, you'll have to buy a bunch of clones. I doubt anyone is going to spend even an extra thousand for a second clone. This way it will be at least a few months until most of these people are able to run a full room of this. So it helps the people who sold the clones to them by giving them at least a few months of an unsaturated market.

a question for anyone that's been in the grow scene since the beginning: did OG kush have a similiar coming out party regarding the price tag, exclusivity, and hype?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
a question for anyone that's been in the grow scene since the beginning: did OG kush have a similiar coming out party regarding the price tag, exclusivity, and hype?

I am old school, only now flowering out an SFV, I figure once it makes it past a decade the hype must be fake so now I am going to prove it. Give me 8 more years and I'll do the same to cookies!

:joint:

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I am old school, only now flowering out an SFV, I figure once it makes it past a decade the hype must be fake so now I am going to prove it. Give me 8 more years and I'll do the same to cookies!

:joint:

You say you are just now flowering out an SFV og, so how can you prove if even that is hype? Let us know how much "hype" that SFV OG is, I am guessing it is as good as everybody says. Good luck on your grows, and hope in ten years cookies can blow your mind instead. :biggrin:

Abja Roots

Veteran
I remember some HA affiliated friends offered me their cut of OG, but wanted to be the only ones to buy it and a cut for perpetuity. Needless to say. I passed. It steady fetched top dollar for a long time. Even now OG is still commanding one of the better prices for sure. It's not easy to grow great OG. It's very fickle.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
schrews if you had 100 cuts it would make more sense to flower them all and get your 32+ a lb than sell them for 5 bucks to people who are gonna turn around and sell them for hundreds..

that makes sense economically, but i think people should spread the love, especially when i hear about so-called "medical" dispensaries selling cuts for a G stack.

i'm not that old but i remember a few years back when Blue Dream was an elite clone in my area and indoor LBs were going for over $4k. i even remember when I was offered a clone of Allen Wrench for $10k in 2006, or Pure Kush for 5k back in 2003

my main point is, fuck all them hoarders. And y'all don't even know about the real hype heirloom strain, The Deth.

AbjaRoots - karma is worth more than sheckels :)

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jesus fuckin christ , after reading the last couple pages i am tempted to just set up a GSC clone factory and off teh cuts for $5 each, the way it should be...

fuckin greedy fucks, their time is almost up.

EDIT: $100 clones and $1000 moms, who do they think they are fooling? not me, that's for sure. I know how easy it is to take clones.

Shcrews....I hit up a guy on CL about 6 weeks ago, he wanted $125 for one cut, he would lower it to $100 ea if I took (5).....I passed.

And my gro-bro just asked a local dispo owner he knows how much GSC go for here in SC...he said he would pay $4k no haggling a unit...BUT it had to be the real deal and he seems to know already what to look for (shrug).

Abja Roots

Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GET MO again.

That's the truth. Same as when people say that you can make x amount from a keeper clone from a pack of seeds. In fact, this is way more sensible. Since you don't waste time, energy, and resources hoping you'll get something. This cut is a winner.

L

LumpStatus

For the commercial grower it's a no brainer...$500, a grand? No problem.

For the personal grower...not so important to have the hype strain.

I personally wouldnt sell it for less than $500 because that cut or two is worth so much to me as a sog grower...if i start selling cuts im not filling tables. A true friend will get the cut for free no problem but to everyone else its just business as usual. Am i being unsympathetic? No, there are plenty of cuts available for 5 or 10 bucks that will do just as well for your medical condition.

There are plenty of people that will pay $500 for a cut. Thats what i payed and have no regrets whatsoever... now i have hundreds of them rooting...well worth my 500

They are starting to root... ;-)

i still think it's greedy to sell any clone for that much money. I got it for free,and i'm happy to give one to all the people I know. I don't hoard shit,i spread shit.
If growing weed ever become business first or only then your growing all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts