What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gibberellin + jasmonic acid = more trichomes?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
i tried that gibberalic acid once and its turned half of each leaf straight yellow and the other half nice and green. it caused the marijuana to mutate which i guess could be good if you get it to mutate in a positive way but i wouldnt like to ingest anything thats been treated with this

waveguide

Veteran
thx for the info... whot was the ppm of GA3 you used??

i used that dinky little spoon (ebay dealer with $11 deal) and made about 4 oz. of solution.. i was shooting in the neighborhood of 200ppm but i'm sure the scale of manufacture threw that way off.

here's the most positive piccie.. successfully intersexed plant haven't grown this before (angelmatic) so can't compare.

and ftr, that's all there is.. there's another set of leaves above that with fem flowers, and she's all stem. don't know if it's the strain or the response, she reeks more than bubblegum.

Attachments

• intersex.jpg
    intersex.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 37
Shouldn't we be more concerned with The response of terpenoids to exogenous gibberellic acid in Cannabis sativa L. at flower?

What does the rest of the info in your attached abstract mean to you stormshadow?

i imagine that this article has been posted elsewhere on icmag, but never hurts to throw it up again.

Effects of gibberellic acid on primary terpenoids and 9-THC in Cannabis sativa at flowering stage
H Mansouri, Z Asrar, and M Mehrabani

Plants synthesize an astonishing diversity of isoprenoids, some ofwhich play essential roles in photosynthesis, respiration, and the regulation of growth and development. Two independent pathways for the biosynthesis of isoprenoid precursors coexist within the plant cell: the cytosolic mevalonic acid (MVA) pathway and the plastidialmethylerythritol phosphate (MEP) pathway. However, little is known about the effects of plant hormones on the regulation of these pathways. In the present study we investigated the effect of gibberellic acid (GA
3) on changes in the amounts of many produced terpenoids and the activity of the key enzymes, 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5 phosphate synthase (DXS) and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (HMGR), in these pathways. Our results showed GA3 caused a decrease in DXS activity in both sexes that it was accompanied by a decrease in chlorophylls, carotenoids and 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) contents and an increase in α-tocopherol content. The treated plants with GA3 showed an increase in HMGR activity. This increase in HMGR activity was followed by accumulation of stigmasterol and β-sitosterol in male and female plants and campestrol in male plants. The pattern of the changes in the amounts of sterols was exactly similar to the changes in the HMGR activity. These data suggest that GA3 can probably influence the MEP and MVA pathways oppositely, with stimulatory and inhibitory effects on the produced primary terpenoids in MVA and DXS pathways, respectively.

THC content in female flowers decreased with increasing GA3 concentration. Authors did not say exactly when they sprayed GA3, just that "female flowering plants were treated when glandular trichomes

on bracts were globose and resinous." There was also a less signficant decline in 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase (DXS) activity in leaves; DXS is an enzyme involved in synthesis of isoprenoids, which are the building blocks for terpenes and cannabinoids. Knowing the actual number of days into flowering when the GA was applied would definitely help put the relevance of this research into better perspective, but I believe the results are still informative. Would certainly be nice to seem some peer reviewed (wink wink nudge nudge) reiterations of these trials... maybe even with a GA inhibitor treatment as well.

Attachments

• Mansouri_GAImpactTHCTerps.pdf
    352.3 KB · Views: 69

Blaz3

This is such an amazing topic..and I offer my sincere respct to all those involved in not only spreading this information,but testing it...this is what sets growers apart.

Now,I would like to try this method,but have some quick questions..In the future,I hope to try a controlled study,using multiple flower rooms,and controlled variables.

1.What products contain chitosan?

2.What products induce S.A.R?

3.Does the S.A.R response create more resin?

4.Will using chitosan (EmeraldTriangle PurpleMaxx/Snow Storn Ultra) and jasmine at the same time create more resin?

5.What products/chemicals can be used together?Jasmine+chitosin..Iv gathered that jasmine+gibberilic acid is not recommended?

What do you guys think about Advanced Nutrient's Scoropion Juice?...what form of checmical does it contain to cause the s.a.r?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
You guys with all the questions...are not ready to use these advanced tools ... stick to getting everything else perfect b4 u think you can use these products to your advantage...

BTW Jazz will nuke your plants if not used right :)

Sessile G

i used that dinky little spoon (ebay dealer with $11 deal) and made about 4 oz. of solution.. i was shooting in the neighborhood of 200ppm but i'm sure the scale of manufacture threw that way off.

here's the most positive piccie.. successfully intersexed plant haven't grown this before (angelmatic) so can't compare.

and ftr, that's all there is.. there's another set of leaves above that with fem flowers, and she's all stem. don't know if it's the strain or the response, she reeks more than bubblegum.

That is a crazy picture !

Ive heard that salts of potassium fatty acids can mutate plants as well.

Blaz3

True true..but still,doesnt seem like rocket science..mix up desired solution,spray at the righth moments..sounds easy?...

guy fawkes

Veteran
You guys with all the questions...are not ready to use these advanced tools ... stick to getting everything else perfect b4 u think you can use these products to your advantage...

BTW Jazz will nuke your plants if not used right :)

Ive been reading a lot on this subject and ready to give it a bash, not on a whole crop just a few test subjects, questions are how you find answers and you learn by your mistakes :)

Regarding MeJA application, what are your folks thoughts on using an oil diffuser/nebulizer vs a foliar spray? something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSlw82aJpdk

and provided that was a viable delivery method, what do you think as far as dilution? should it still be mixed with the ethyl alcohol (as well as possibly then still diluted in water...a surfactant even) or just drip a couple drips in and go?
Thanks in advance

bad gas

Spurr researched this subject. Use search function for "spurr". His article: "Plant Growth Regulators [PGRs] Thread". Article is toward bottom of second page.

Some of his thoughts may be cogent.

Hope this helps. bg

Dkgrower

Veteran
Hedione is another name fore Methyl dihydrojasmonate and is use in perfumes, found naturaly in Hedion and first isolated from Jasmin....

Just if some 1 think it is dangerous its a part off odors in many perfumes eg its an ester, aromatic compound.

Do any of u think it would be possibol to make an hedion extract using alcohol and use that kinda like that Jaz spray ???

dizzlekush

Hedione is another name fore Methyl dihydrojasmonate and is use in perfumes, found naturaly in Hedion and first isolated from Jasmin....

Just if some 1 think it is dangerous its a part off odors in many perfumes eg its an ester, aromatic compound.

Do any of u think it would be possibol to make an hedion extract using alcohol and use that kinda like that Jaz spray ???
Hedione is usually one specific stereoisomer of methyl hihydrojasmonate. i understand stereoisomerism very poorly have no idea how this would effect the efficacy of the product. Put simply, all methyl dihydrojasmonate is not the same and this is a form that could potentially be useless for us. Im currently waiting for a response from a chemistry major on the likely phytoactivity of commericial hedione products. There's very little experimentation done on MDHJ, ive only seen 3 studies that have used any form of MDHJ, 2 studies on tobacco and nicotine biosynthesis, and one study on the california poppy and alkaloid biosynthesis. so this puts us in a bit of a scientific blind spot.

Methyl Jasmonate is being used extensively in cancer studies as a potential cure for cancer. It often causes cancer cell apoptosis without having any effect on healthy cells.