What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gibberellin + jasmonic acid = more trichomes?

happyfarmer2014

Sage oil and methyl jasmonate

Sage oil and methyl jasmonate

so i am in search for Jasmonate. i know it is in sage and was wondering if i got 100 percent sage oil if the Jasmonate would still exist in it????? anyone have any ideas..

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Depends on the sage species... although, the ones I know of (including Salvia officinalis) do not contain jasmonates in their essential oil. The fact that jasmonic acid is a plant hormone makes it rather mandatory in probably all plants (but usually in minute quantities).
If you want to use essential oils instead of buying methyl dihydrosamonate for cheap at perfumersapprentice.com, why not go with essential oil from common jasmine? Contains a fair amount of jasmonic acid and derivatives (after all, they got their names from jasmine).

You are looking for an Artemesia species. The most common species is A. tridentata. There is three times as much methyl jasmonate in common sagebrush than Jasmine.

I would go for black or low sage instead though, it's way more fragrant than common sagebrush.

Also it doesn't need as much root space. Since the only way this symbiotic relationship works is if the plants are within the feet of each other

Only Ornamental

Veteran
@paradoxlost: Do you have any reference regarding your claim? Couldn't find anything useful... quite the opposite: essential oil of sagebrush does not contain reasonable amounts of jasmonic acid derivatives.
Besides, occurrence of the different Artemisia species is not quite the same on the different continents ;) .

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Well, that one's a different story. A good one, I admit, but still something very different.
Besides, sagebrush doesn't emit enough methyl jasmonate to elicit an ISR in adjacent plants. At least, that's what the links I find on the right of the window which appears when following your link says... and that one's newer and refers to your citation... sorry for being a smart-ass :D

Fennecfox

Anyone figure out if Methyl dihydrojasmonate / Hedione actually works in weed. Seems like it’s 10% bioactive compared with meja is that roughly correct ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts