What's new

GHS - Hawaiian Snow Feminized

primobud

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hey BubsNugs. Hopefully we'll get together at primobud's place at Easter and smoke some ganja together. Then you can try out the Hawaiian Snow for yourself and I should have some HSD seeds for you if you want them. As for winter, its really been a non-event this year so far.

Hey sorry dude, I rated your post unhelpful by accident, meant helpful..........

:laughing:Too fucking funny!!!!:laughing:

smilley

Veteran
The final dry weight of the last plant harvested was 55g of premium bud and about 10g of hashbud & trim. That's right where I anticipated it would be. The next batch of plants to be harvested are different than the keeper pheno and I'll be giving them 12 weeks of 12/12. First plant to come off in a couple of weeks.

smilley

Veteran
................. Meanwhile, back at the mini-grow things are progressing about as planned. I've sexed all the seedlings and whittled them down to 10 females. I killed all the males so I won't be chucking any more pollen this season.

The breakdown goes like this 2 HSD, 4 SLSD and 4 UHS and of course the 2 HS long-vegged girls in the back for a total of 12 plants.

picture.php

The HSD on the right is 3 days older than any of the other seedlings but it's a very vigorous plant. The HSD on the left is about the same size as the UHS plants.

picture.php

These SLSD's are bigger than the UHS and are a little branchier.

picture.php

Some good variation between the 4 UHS plants.

Not really much to see yet, it's day F16 for the mini-grow.

smilley

Veteran
So, all the seedlings were repotted into 1 gal pots which should be a nice size considering the short veg period. As you can see, it's plenty crowded in the mini-grow. I've been speculating on yield, and I think realistically, if I got 10g per seedling and 20g per HS is a reasonable expectation.

smilley

Veteran
Here's a couple of long-vegged keeper clones that have been in the flowering room for a couple of weeks. They were topped once back in veg and these are 2 of the largest keeper clones to be put in flower. If all goes well, they'll be 60g plus.

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
And here's a few pics from above the donut. It's an interesting perspective and it gives view of how close the pots are together in some of the pics.

picture.php

It's difficult for me to determine a per crop yield as the garden has evolved into a perpetual type system but based on the last couple of plants, I believe that with 10 long-vegged HS clones a yield of 500 - 600g can be achieved. Some of the tall specimens in the flower room now will probably only yield 25 - 35g each, but they were never topped and didn't veg nearly as long as any of the keeper clones. It's been my experience that any strain that can produce 400g or more is good yield.

So in summary, I'd say the yield is good to very good. Outdoors in a tropical climate I'm sure it would would staggering.

primobud

Very nice. You have me thinking thats for sure. Looks like a nice wall of green. Awesome!
When you get here we'll make a plan for a little comparrison (competition) next season. Figure out a few ground rules so to speak. 600g in ?wks, Verticle or Horizontal. Highest g/w wins BUT we need to factor in weeks (veg+flw)? Give it some thought.
Since our "Bud Of The Year" contest's seem to have gone the way of the Do Do Bird.

smilley

Veteran
Thanks primobud, I think I'm comfortable with the strain and the vertical set-up now. I had another timer incident. I was in the flower room one day and the light just went out. After several minutes, I turned the timer ahead a bit and the light came back on. So, I immediately went and bought another timer, this time digital with lithium battery back-up. Didn't seem to cause any problems for the plants.

So, I harvested 2 plants today at day F77. They could have gone another week or 2 as there are no amber thrics, only clear and cloudy but I wanted a sample of these 2 phenos to send ahead to my buddy primobud for our annual smoke-off at Easter. These 2 plants are clones of the original 2 trellised mothers from the start of the thread.

Smaller trellised clone

smilley

Veteran
Here's a few bud shots from the flowering room. This is a small trellised plant clone at day F64 (3 weeks from harvest).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Here's the update on the mini-grow. Today all the plants are at day F24. I was able to adjust the light up about 2 inches and I'm hoping that I won't have to move any of the plants lower from now on. I did move the large HSD into the flowering room to get the benefit of the 600hps.

HSD

smilley

Veteran
Here's a series of pics that show how the veg room is stacked for flowering. The first pic is the keeper clones at the back, the second is with the center row of plants in position and the third shows the fully loaded veg room with 11 plants in total (one was moved to the flowering room).

smilley

Veteran
Thanks Creator.

I chopped this bud off one of the 6 plants that are at 70 days today. After a careful examination the trichomes are clear and cloudy. I'll start them on straight water today and harvest in 14 for a total flowering of 84 days. Nice and sparkly................

picture.php

I just thought I'd add, the bud is in the harvest window right now, and until now I've been harvesting at 10 weeks and 11 weeks. I just want to let this batch go a bit longer to see if it mellows the smoke a bit.

smilley

Veteran
Here's a shot of some of the finished product from the last 2 plants harvested. They each dried down to exactly 41g so a reasonable yield.

picture.php