What's new

GHS - Hawaiian Snow Feminized

smilley

Veteran
Hi FiveLeggedGoat, I'm a big fan of your work with the Super Lemon Haze, someday I may give it a run.

Ok, back to the mini-grow.

Here's a few shots of all 11 under the 360 conversion bulb. The HS clones at the back are much further advanced than the seed plants. I pulled most of the large fans off the seed plants as they were preventing any real light penetration.

smilley

Veteran
This is one of the UHS#1's from directly under the bulb. Earlier this week, I was marvelling at how close they were to the bulb without burning, and then I realized they were too close. Anyway, I bleached the terminal buds a bit on 3 of the UHS but not severely.

smilley

Veteran
And finally, this is a close-up of the SLSD.

And this last shows a UHS (on the left) beside a SLSD. Not much to pick and choose between the 2.

primobud

Nice Gift

Nice Gift

I got a nice gift in the mail today. A nice bag of Hawiian Snow!!! I can't smoke any yet till smilley gets here tomorrow. ha ha ha
ya right. primo bud for sure old pal !!! :laughing:

smilley

Veteran
Hi bogus. Thanks for looking in and thanks for the kudos. I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to post anything up, but I'll have a full update this weekend.

And I really want to give a big thank you to my good buddy primobud who hosted our annual smoke-off last weekend. He entertained me with multiple pheno samples of his Ultra Sonja as well as many super reefers (hash,oil,bud). premobud makes the best oil I've ever smoked, and I'll leave it at that.

smilley

Veteran
Its harvest weekend here at the smilley compound. I'll take down 6 of the "trellised clones" for anyone who recalls the pheno. Today is day F83, so basically 12 weeks.

Here's the first to come down. It 's the largest of the six......................

bloyd

Veteran
Looking very nice in here! I have 10 of the standard hawaiian snows on the go waiting to go into flower. I have clones of 6 females and 4 males that will meet. Hope they look as nice as these fems. Been a pleasure lurking on your journey.

smilley

Veteran
Hi bloyd. Sometimes I wish I had started with regular seeds instead of the femmed as it would have been nice to make f2s. But, since I only had 5 seeds I think the femmed seeds were the way to go for me.

Good luck with the seed project and enjoy exploring the different female phenos. You're gonna love the HS, its definitely world class genetics. Feel free to post pics here if you like.

smilley

Veteran
Here's one of the smaller ones at day F84. These buds seem like they're slathered in trichomes and resin.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
I thought I'd show my low-tech drying method. I just put the fresh buds in a brown paper lunch bag, invert a second bag onto the first and then flip the bags over once a day until the weed is dry. I do this right in the grow room and it takes generally 4 -5 days depending on current temps and humidity levels.

picture.php

picture.php

primobud

It must be smelling good over there today. Yee haw. Right on smilley. This time next week we'll be on day one of our trip, we'll be stopping at your place on day 5.
Man those buds are looking frosty!!! Have a great day.

smilley

Veteran
I had 125g of hashbud & trim so I ran it through my 3 bag ice hash set-up. It's still gotta dry but looks like about 4g so not the greatest return. I'm drying the weed out and will do an iso extraction after primobud brings me some filter material later this month.

Just a few years ago, I used to throw all the trim and popcorn away so any return is great. Hopefully, the oil will return 8 - 10g as well.

smilley

Veteran
The 6 plants that I harvested dried down to a respectable 188g with the smallest being 23 and the largest 44. I'm down to 16 plants in the grow rooms and everything will be harvested within the next 4 weeks.

smilley

Veteran
Here's some pics from the mini-grow. This is a typical AKST. Have a good look, there's something going on with the main cola. It's not forming a proper bud. All of the AKSTs and SLSDs are doing this. I'm thinking it has something to do with the conversion bulb, I don't know. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. The lower buds seem ok, it's just the tops.

smilley

Veteran
Hawaiian Snow Diesel

Hawaiian Snow Diesel

They're at day F53. I expect them to finish in about 70 days so I'll start them on straight water soon. They're not a perfect plant but quite interesting. The one on the right is the nicest with nice tight buds and good resin production. I'll grow some of these out next year, but I'll also start some new femmed seeds. I haven't decided on what to buy, but I'm leaning toward paki or afghanni hash plants or something very indicaish.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Ok, it's time to bring this thread to a conclusion.

I still have a few more plants to harvest over the next couple of weeks but I've pretty well highlighted the nature and overall growth pattern of the Hawaiian Snow. It looks like I'll yield about 1000g of premium bud over the season along with 4g of ice hash and about 10g of iso resin from the hashbud and trim.

My conclusion is that the HS is a potent, good yielding sativa with an unusual odor (onions) and a long flowering period (11 - 13 weeks). It's a light feeder and fairly easy to grow although I wouldn't recommend it to beginners.

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to comment in the thread and I'd especially like to thank my good buddy primobud for his advice and observations as well as SOTF420 for getting me to switch to Pureblend Pro organic nutrients. I'll still be around to answer questions, just not as often till I get started again in August.

Thanks again icmaggers and good growing......................

primobud

Have a good summer dude. I just started my Purple #1 & Shaman so my break is over but I'll just be vegging them with my clones so it'll be low temp till August.
NOTE: To all followers of this thread, I can vouch for the weed for sure. ROCKET FUEL a winner for sure. My jar is almost empty if that tells you anything (I suppose it could say "smilley is a cheap muda-fuka").

Latest posts

Latest posts