What's new

GHS - Hawaiian Snow Feminized

smilley

Veteran
Hey primobud, looks tastey!!! Of course mine won't be as big but I'm looking forward to seeing it run. Here's a couple of pics from the veg room. Its like a jungle in there and I even pulled one of the big veggers and put it in the flower room as I'm harvesting a plant today.

The seedlings are all healthy and vegging along at their own pace. I've added 6ml/gal of potassium silicate to the PBP Grow formula to try and speed up growth. Everything will be in flower in 2 weeks so its full speed ahead.

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Here's the plant I'm harvesting. Its from the keeper clone pheno and had a long duration veg. Today is day F77 for this plant. Thats a full week longer than I harvested the last 6 at. I'm hoping the extra week might mellow the stone out a bit. Once in a while the buzz can get a little racy. heh, heh

I'm hoping for 50g of prime bud, but I'm not the best at guessing in advance.

smilley

Veteran
This is my first season with the vertical configuration and its been an interesting learning experience. Up until now, I've operated under the assumption that I didn't want the plants to exceed the height of the inverted bulb by more than 6 inches. Currently, I have several plants with their tops between 18 and 23 inches above the base of the bulb and the buds appear to be filling out pretty good. If this works out good it could significantly increase my yields.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
The final dried weight of the last plant harvested was 54g of premium bud and about 10g of hash bud & trim. A little more than I expected, this strain really benefits from a good long veg period. I have another long vegger coming up for harvest in 10 days and it should yield as good or better than the last plant.

smilley

Veteran
Ok, I've got 13 plants around the flowering lamp now. I had to expand the diameter of the donut a bit, but the final clones in the veg room were starting to outgrow the room. These pics only show 10 as the last 3 from the veg room still need to be placed up front.

picture.php

picture.php

The following pic shows the biggest plant this year. It's 64 inches tall and looks like it'll yield pretty good.

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
And here's a pic of another long vegger nearing harvest. I was going to harvest it in a week for a 70 day flowering period, but I may let it go to 77 days.

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Here's a pic of the seedlings for the mini-grow a week from flowering. The plan is to sex them in the pots they're in and then repot the females into larger pots for flowering. I'll be flowering 2 larger keeper clones (not shown) with the seedlings.

picture.php

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey brother, stopping in to show some love that keeper of yours looks really nice! Glad to see all is coming along, the plants look very healthy and happy with that PBP and all the apparent love you are giving them :good:

Much love and good karma to you always :canabis:

Max Yields

Nice!!! I see you really enjoyed the hawaiian snow. Excellent smoke. Good luck & karma for those girls you have there.:good:

primobud

Howdy old pal. I see lots of big buds, imagine if that light was horizontal! ha ha ha Seriously, looking awesome man. As for my seeds I think they'll do just fine in there if you have room. Looks like that wall of bud you've been looking for is gonna be there in 2-3 weeks!!! Yee Haw. I have a seat all ready for you in my basement, 6 weeks and counting. I'll try and save a little bit of this but 6wks is 6wks and you know me.

smilley

Veteran
SOTF420: 10m/gal Grow and 7.5ml/gal Bloom, nothing else except a few drops of potassium silicate to control the ph in flower. Again thanks for the recommendation, I'm a PBP convert now.

Max Yields: The Hawaiian Snow is very nice weed. I'm starting to get a little bored with my phenos but that always seem to happen when I get near the end of a single strain season. The mini-grow will be a nice little diversion from that.

primobud: That's some awesome looking sift buddy. I couldn't make 20g last 6 weeks either. Still, it'll be nice to sample the Ultra Sonjas and you'll get to sample the Hawaiian Snow.

bogus

Hello Smiley!!
Very nice garden you have here, what would you recomend to search for in the hawaian snow?
Thanks,
B

smilley

Veteran
Hi bogus. I'm no expert as I only had 3 different phenos, but if I was hunting for an elite, I'd be watching for early vigor and a shorter flowering time (10 - 12 weeks). Good luck in you're search, maybe start with a ten pack of seeds instead of a five pack like me.

smilley

Veteran
So today is last day of the season for 18/6 light cycle in the veg room. When the light in the flowering room shuts off tonight I'll sync the veg room timer to match the 12/12 cycle of the flowering room. So I'll effectively have 2 flower rooms operating.

This is the lamp I'm replacing the 400mh with. Its a 360W hps with an integral igniter in the bulb so it just screws into the mogul base of the 400mh fixture. It's made in China, so you know it's good quality. heh, heh:) I ran a small crop with it last year and I yielded 78g, this year hopefully double that.

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
This is the initial configuration for flowering. There is 18 seedlings and 2 long vegged keeper clones of the HS. Once the seedlings are sexed, I'll chop the males and reconfigure as required.

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
These are the Unky Ho Seeds #1 seedlings courtesy of my good buddy primobud. I have 10 of them and their lineage is AK47 X SensiStar.

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Hi primobud, I was hoping you'd come by and check out your babies. As I'll have some males for sure, I'm playing with the idea of making some more seeds. Specifically, I may breed the UHS#1 to one of the HS females and also a HSD male (if I get one) back to its original mother HS. I haven't decided yet, just thinking out loud.