What's new

GHS - Hawaiian Snow Feminized

Max Yields

Hawaiian Snow Diesel sounds like a very interesting & desirable strain. It's something I'd definitely like to be smoking on. So is Sour LSD. I'm being inspired to try pollen chucking & creating my own strains for myself now. Never did it before but it sounds like it would produce very interesting & rewarding results.

primobud

Sounds like a plan to me man. Remember that thing I called "mystery seed", I kept a male of that and mated it with a female AKSt. I have 8 seeds of it on the go now, you'll see it when you get here.

smilley

Veteran
Hi Max, primobud and I have been chucking pollen for a few years now. Its a good way to get some cheap diversity and its fun and easy, the hard part is not pollinating everything. The SLSD is every bit as good as the Hawaiian Snow and all of primobud's crosses have been excellent. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

Max Yields

I'm pretty eager to try this. I'd like to cross a few strains. I'm doing a femmed Samsara Spicy White Devil at the moment. I'm thinking of crossing one of these to a Mr. Nice SSH male. The genetic make-up of Jack Herer & Blueberry crossed with SSH sounds like one helluva strain. There are sooo many beans I'd like to grow, but with a good SSH male I can make some of my own...hmmm...what to do...decisions, decisions...lol

smilley

Veteran
Mrs smilley has her own grow room for overwintering her geraniums and such so its easy for me to isolate the males just before they start to drop pollen. But you could easily use a large cardboard box and a cfl or 2 for the few days needed to collect the pollen. Go for it man, like I said earlier its fun and easy. You know, the 5 pack of HS cost me $100C, now I have hundreds of HSD seeds for free. Good luck dude, you won't regret it.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Ive always wanted to try the HS since I 1st saw the write-up for it. I might have missed it, but is the SLSD made w/ barneys or bogs lsd? And this SLSD is what you pollinated the HS w/? Looking good! cheers

smilley

Veteran
The SLSD is BOG's female LSD crossed to a Reservoir Seeds male Sour Diesel IBL. That being said, these particular seeds are f2's of the original cross. Nice variations in size and shapes but a little light on the yield. I grew thse f2's for 3 seasons in a row and every female pheno produced nice rock-hard, mindnumbing buds. Wildgrow, yes this SLSD (male) crossed to a female HS and now I have the chance if I get a male HSD to cross it back to it's original mother HS. If I do the cross, I'll call it mofo. hee, hee :):)

smilley

Veteran
rkp6, sorry for not acknowledging your words of encouragement, I guess I was stoned and I missed it, heh, heh but thanks for coming by and drop in anytime.

So, here's the plant I harvested today. She's another long vegged keeper clone chopped at 77 days 12/12. She could have gone another week or 2 but things were getting pretty crowed in the flowering room and she was taking up a lot of space. I'm hoping for 50 - 60g from her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Here's a few shots of the flowering donut. I've got 12 around the bulb now, I think for me, 10 is optimum, but on a temporary basis, 12 - 13 are workable. Some of the really tall (untopped) plants aren't going to produce as well as others. The last pic is of the largest and it'll yield pretty good.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
And here's some pics of the mini-grow. I've only been able to sex 2 plants so far, a male SLSD (chopped) and a female HSD. Because of the short veg period, the plants will take a little longer than I'm used to. Today is F9 and expect to have everything sexed by F14. Stayed tuned...........................

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

primobud

Holy Cow those AKSt seedlings sure stand out eh. ha ha ha Man you're having a great day today eh smilley boy! Right on. The latest looks good on the table, let us know how she smokes. Yee Haw.

smilley

Veteran
Don't worry primobud, once the plants are sexed and repotted I'll highlight the AKST's prominently and heap praise and admiration on their creator. heh, heh Everything is running smoothly and it should be just care and maintenance till the end.

BubsNugs

Hey dude long time no chat! I have to do some reading in your thread but I gotta say theres some beutiful plants you have harvested!!! Great work dude! Take care of yerself I hope you guys are having a mild winter like we are at my end.

Peace

smilley

Veteran
Hey BubsNugs. Hopefully we'll get together at primobud's place at Easter and smoke some ganja together. Then you can try out the Hawaiian Snow for yourself and I should have some HSD seeds for you if you want them. As for winter, its really been a non-event this year so far.

Hey sorry dude, I rated your post unhelpful by accident, meant helpful..........

primobud

Do you think I'm gonna sit around listening to you and bubs talking about sativa's and verticle grows you'll both be outside in a snow bank. You can come in one at a time smoke some Ultra Sonja, then fuck off.