What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ghost ha#22 x Sour Diesel test by Chomsky

chomsky

Is it possible you are overwatering?

It's the Trump cracks, they turnin' orange on you :laughing:

Ha it may be as I I have been watering daily at this point. The problem is since the plants are coming through the net I cannot lift the pots to determine their weight. There is a ton of Perlite in my soil so I'd be surprised if it was over water by much but maybe I will try to let them dry out a little longer between feedings and keep an eye on em.
Thanks Moses.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok I read you in 5 gals, that is the size that becomes dangerous. The top looks dry but the bottom is still very wet. Especially if you are unable to lift them to feel the weight. I recently did this to my plants in 15 gal containers so I recognize it fresh in my mind!

I bet if you back off watering for a couple days those symptoms will disappear!

chomsky

Yes moses I have always been leery of moving up pot size too fast for that very reason. I'm typically pretty careful about watering I hope you're right and that's all this is. I'm going to give them an extra day or so I'll keep posted.

chomsky

Day 35 veg

Day 35 veg

So much has happened in the past 15 days its crazy. Ill try to catch you up without boring you.

So the girls were singing. I went ahead and upped the ferts a bit as my girls were getting bigger. Well the next day I noticed a few leaf tips were yellowing, A common sign of over fertilization). Since my Nutes are organic and Im using compost tea I figured that wasnt the issue and thought possibly my light was a bit close/maybe overwatering a bit??? So I raised the light 6 inches and left em overnight. Well, the next morning I came in and was shocked that they were all yellowing pretty bad and the fan leaves were drooping.

This was clearly an emergency

I consulted with Moses W as always, and I decided to go ahead and give em a really good flush.

Not a minute too soon either. Nute burn is what was happening and it literally started to clear up overnight. A few days later the girls were really getting rid of the yellowing and gaining that green back again, I got on the phone with my friends at Red Frog to discuss what had happened in detail.

Heres the scoop..

RED FROG IS JUST SOME AWESOME SHIT!!!!

Red Frog literally has everything my girls need. Due to the microbial life the compost tea gets going in the soil, the plants root system is literally unlocked to suck up Eeverything and I do mean everything, in the way of nutrients it needs and more. so when I fed them a normal round of the Vegamatrix it was just too much of a good thing.

From here on out, I'm feeding/watering always with the Red Frog and Mammoth P and every forth or fifth feeding, I'm going to use a light mixture of Vegamatrix (very light).... As you can see from the pics the girls are growing insanely fast and bushy even with the little hiccup that happened with the ferts along the way.

These girls are growing so robust that I also decided to cut them out of the original SCROG because I was afraid they may get root bound in the 5 gallon pots (what a pain in the ass that was, but I did it without breaking a single stem which was unbelievable)... and transplanted them into their final home in 7 gallon pots... I dropped a new net on top. I'm going to let them veg a few more days to get settled in and stretched out a bit under the net then I'm flipping to 12/12....

Let the real show begin...

Last edited:

chomsky

Im a little embarrassed to show you the burned girls but here ya go for comparison and so you can see the recovery, I just realized I need some close up shots for ya. Ill get em up soon...

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey shit happens but sounds like you took action to get them back on track. I can't believe how big you got these ladies in such a short time. Keep your head up you are doing a great job.

chomsky

Hey shit happens but sounds like you took action to get them back on track. I can't believe how big you got these ladies in such a short time. Keep your head up you are doing a great job.

Thanks man. Yea my head ain't hangin. I'm actually proud that I caught the problem this quick and they're still going strong. Good to have you here!!!

Shit like that always happens with testers lol I've had a real cold spell near me and it locked out my cuttings thankfully the seeds didn't really get affected good luck

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
The 2nd till 4th week flower is where these things can be a problem with femmed seeds. When over feeding ore high heat ore irregular light sheduale can trigger intersex .

I do my persenol testing on a verry simple A.B feed no extra.s max ec 1.6 (thats for tests) shows me all the genetic differnce.s between pheno.s without infuence from boosters etc.

chomsky

The 2nd till 4th week flower is where these things can be a problem with femmed seeds. When over feeding ore high heat ore irregular light sheduale can trigger intersex .

I do my persenol testing on a verry simple A.B feed no extra.s max ec 1.6 (thats for tests) shows me all the genetic differnce.s between pheno.s without infuence from boosters etc.

I can easily simplify this by cutting out all fertilizers and supplements and continuing only using my compost tea. The Red Frog has everything in it these plants need. That would make this a 100% organic grow with one simple feeding pattern.

Thoughts?

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Oh no feel free to do as you like. I just thought i would throw than info out. Being these some of the first public femmed tests.

chomsky

Day 2 12/12

Day 2 12/12

OK as you can see girls have recovered nicely... This is day two 12/12 and I have been spreading them under the net. They would stand about 4 inches taller if I just let them go. The growth rate is very fast... Im a little worried about how tall they will go. Im pinching and tucking. We shall see...

nickman

Veteran
Looking so good Chomsky...

Those plants are so big man, they're gonna be beasts when this is all said and done ...

Also- very glad that you caught that hiccup so fast... they back on track and looking like fire...

nickman

Veteran
OK as you can see girls have recovered nicely... This is day two 12/12 and I have been spreading them under the net. They would stand about 4 inches taller if I just let them go. The growth rate is very fast... Im a little worried about how tall they will go. Im pinching and tucking. We shall see...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69641&pictureid=1679049&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69641&pictureid=1679050&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69641&pictureid=1679051&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69641&pictureid=1679052&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Very nice update: Wow -they look so good...

Can those lights penetrate all the way to the bottom nugs if your plants get tall...???... just curious.:tiphat:...

chomsky

Very nice update: Wow -they look so good...

Can those lights penetrate all the way to the bottom nugs if your plants get tall...???... just curious.:tiphat:...

Thanks Nickman... My lights penetrate pretty deep especially when I get them up to full power... However, I do use LED T 5's to supplement the sides when they get really tall.

Last edited:

chomsky

Day 5 12/12

Day 5 12/12

OK still sticking with the Red Frog Tea and Mammoth P only no nutes yet... still getting that nice green color back. I still want them a little darker green with all the edge yellowing gone. If you look close at a few leaf shots you'll see some remaining nute burn on the edges. Healing nicely though... The purple on the stems is BEAUTIFUL and pretty consistent on all plants... I did the last trim under the plants too, no more grooming from here on out.

After trimming Ive been smelling my hands for an hour now, I'm still getting Lemon, Pine and a grassy smell, I'm also getting some hints of pepper and rubber garden hose, Kind of a latex glove smell...

Here's a few pics.

Nice man they gonna be big girls when the stretch stops, had to come on the iPad cos my phones screen is tiny so couldn't see the pics properly lol, looking good though man can't believe how big they are