What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ghost ha#22 x Sour Diesel test by Chomsky

nickman

Veteran
Plus I think they are getting ready to hit their veg stride. I'm seeing noticeable growth daily at this point. Gonna let them go another week or ten days then put in 5 gal pots. I think I'm gonna do a long veg in the order of 6-8 weeks total drop the net and flip!!! I'll gauge it by height. Gonna flip when the tops are at around 3 feet trained. I want the canopy spread nice and wide when I drop the net and flip.

@chomsky - your plants look amazing...

U gonna have some monsters on ur hands ...

chomsky

Transplanted

Transplanted

OK so I went ahead and got the girls in 5 gal pots. I let the girls almost completely dry out and transplanted into a very wet soil mixture that was already prepared with the Red Frog compost tea. Then I fed the dry root ball with my vegamatrix/Mammoth P solution. They are looking very healthy. Im going to let them veg about 10" above the net then flip to 12/12 and start Co2.

I just cant believe how tight and densely these are growing. The photos dont do the density justice...

chomsky

They're just on beast mode! What smells ya getting off the stem rubs?

Well man, I must admit im kinda at a loss for a good description other than

"that really good stem rub smell"

Im picking up a little deisel a little pepper. To be honest the fucking nodes are so tight and the leaves are so thick its kind of hard to get my hand in there to a good stem to grab and stroke...

It really is crazy how tight these are. I guess that means Im going to have some insanely tight very heavy rock hard buds... I hope anyway...

chomsky

Inside view

Inside view

Tryin to get ya an insiders view... Beautiful purple veins on all 4 plants No hairs yet but they are lookin pretty girly...

Last edited:

chomsky

Update I transplanted 1 1/2 days ago into my medium soaked in the Red Frog tea. My girls have grown at least an inch and a half since have taken a noticeably healthier looking dark green and look like they are reaching for the ceiling. They are loving the compost tea!!!

chomsky

Just here to say love your test thread.

Cool, thanks Karma. Stay tuned it's going to get serious soon. Girls are up through the Scrog net. I'm probably going to veg two more weeks or so then the show starts. I'll be adding CO2 and ramping the lights up to full power over the first 10 days in 12/12. They will take off like rockets!!!!

nickman

Veteran
I was wonder about ur lights... u use those lights through out the entire grow???

They do a great job- looking through your threads...

chomsky

Yes... after a TON of research I'm pretty convinced Fluence Bioengineering offers the best LED lights on the market today. Mine is the SpydrX plus. I use a controller on it to dial up and down the intensity. It's such a powerful light with such a broad spectrum and very high PAR levels you have to ramp it up or it will simply burn the plants up. And the key to this light is keeping it very close to the canopy. At full Power it is equivalent to 1000w HPS light and it will only be 6 inches above the canopy.

chomsky

I used metal halide and high pressure sodium lights for years with phenomenal results. My LED blows them away. I'm sure I will get a lot of blowback for that statement however for my grows in my experience the proof is in the results. And my results of been much better with the SpydrX LED.

nickman

Veteran
I used metal halide and high pressure sodium lights for years with phenomenal results. My LED blows them away. I'm sure I will get a lot of blowback for that statement however for my grows in my experience the proof is in the results. And my results of been much better with the SpydrX LED.

That's awsome man, I use a 1000 watt mh/hps light with an air cooled hood... BUT it can get hot in there sometimes...

I also have 2 of the four foot 8 bulb T5s... they're pretty nice too... they don't put off any real heat... the only problem is I have to replace all my T5 bulbs at the moment and it's pretty expensive... around 10 bucks a bulb... I'm just broke right now, but they're still working good enough... I only use these to veg under... BUT I have flowered a few plants under them and they DID come out really nice...

I remember u posted a link to the lights back a bit. Im gonna look into them again... just curious BUT about how much were the ones u got...

Thanks for the info.

chomsky

That's awsome man, I use a 1000 watt mh/hps light with an air cooled hood... BUT it can get hot in there sometimes...

I also have 2 of the four foot 8 bulb T5s... they're pretty nice too... they don't put off any real heat... the only problem is I have to replace all my T5 bulbs at the moment and it's pretty expensive... around 10 bucks a bulb... I'm just broke right now, but they're still working good enough... I only use these to veg under... BUT I have flowered a few plants under them and they DID come out really nice...

I remember u posted a link to the lights back a bit. Im gonna look into them again... just curious BUT about how much were the ones u got...

Thanks for the info.

Are you talking about the LED T5 lights? Below is a link to what I was talking about. Be sure to check out different spectrums because there are different spectrums and powers of these lights. They run much brighter and much cooler than regular T5 florescence.

Last edited:

chomsky

They're just on beast mode! What smells ya getting off the stem rubs?

Just went down and gave my girls their first real haircut below the net. Needless to say, my hands were all over em. Kinda like Trump's little digits on a Miss Teen USA pageant contestant. I certainly can't compare the smell on Trump's hands to mine but I like what I'm sniffin.

It's still a bit early to tell what my girls are gonna really smell like when mature but as before, I'm getting pepper, a little diesel and now I'm getting some pine notes and even hints of orange. More pics coming in a day or two...

Sorry for the Trump jokes, I just couldn't resist...

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Just went down and gave my girls their first real haircut below the net. Needless to say, my hands were all over em. Kinda like Trump's little digits on a Miss Teen USA pageant contestant. I certainly can't compare the smell on Trump's hands to mine but I like what I'm sniffin.

It's still a bit early to tell what my girls are gonna really smell like when mature but as before, I'm getting pepper, a little diesel and now I'm getting some pine notes and even hints of orange. More pics coming in a day or two...

Sorry for the Trump jokes, I just couldn't resist...

Trump jokes welcomed lol, I didn't vote so I wasn't an accomplice. Sounds like some funk on the trunk :biggrin: You're killing it this test, keep it up chomsky. Gonna be some killers soon enough.

chomsky

Nute Burn???

Nute Burn???

Hey guys, girls are still lookin great however, Im noticing some yellowing in some leaves and on newer growth. Definitely not a problem yet but I'm thinking a little nute burn? Any thoughts? Suggestions other than flushing...

Latest posts

Latest posts